WJC: 5th Annual WJC Pool - Final Standings in Post #270

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
You know I didn't realize Oettinger was just 17 until now. Might have been a mistake on my part, but there will be plenty of other goaltenders that come up empty in this draft as well. Samsonov and Hart were pretty much the only sure things. :dunno:

Oettinger is a late birthday though so will be 18 by the time it starts and thus only eligible 1 more time so it's not that unrealistic, and he's been killing the NCAA hockey so far. The Leafs fan in me wants Woll to play, but I figured Parsons was the most likely starter.

Those 2 and Sandstrom were the 3 goalies I wanted, but all 3 were gone by pick 18 which was frustrating.

Oh well, robably end up like a Sandstrom/Soderstrum situation in your pool last year where they mostly split, at least the first guy to pick this time picks the correct name :sarcasm:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Oettinger is a late birthday though so will be 18 by the time it starts and thus only eligible 1 more time so it's not that unrealistic, and he's been killing the NCAA hockey so far. The Leafs fan in me wants Woll to play, but I figured Parsons was the most likely starter.

Those 2 and Sandstrom were the 3 goalies I wanted, but all 3 were gone by pick 18 which was frustrating.

Oh well, robably end up like a Sandstrom/Soderstrum situation in your pool last year where they mostly split, at least the first guy to pick this time picks the correct name :sarcasm:

Ok, I feel better. You're right, his birthday is on the 18th. I will send him a card.

Wish you didn't remind about that Sandstrom/Soderstrom thing though. :laugh:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I think you might have sent Canada4Gold that PM? :D

I select Jack Roslovic, F, United States of America

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I think you might have sent Canada4Gold that PM? :D

I select Jack Roslovic, F, United States of America
Nope, I actually pm'ed myself first and then tried to pm you but maybe I was too quick and it never actually sent the message. Oh well, it happens. :)

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I thought this was going to be my sneaky pick, I think he'll lead USA in scoring.

Yeah, I was going back and forth between two players, in the end I couldn't ignore the fact that he has some nice stats in the AHL for his age and by the look of it he will be playing in one of the two top lines

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just an FYI gonna go through the rest of the 3rd and entire 4th round and then once the 5th round starts the clock will officially be enforced. Not that it's been an issue, it hasn't, but I don't like skipping early picks so I try not to enforce it early. So 5th round onward you'll have 12 hours to make a pick and then you're skipped. The next guys can pick, and you can make your skipped pick when you show up. If another pick comes along while you're still missing your last one you don't get an additional 12 hours, so guys on the end don't get 24 hours of clock, 12 hours and both picks are skipped.

We're making great time, but once you get that far skipping someone wouldn't hamper them too badly.

Unfortunate for 93LEAFS that Boeser is out. Will have to wait until after the draft to replace him, but Paajarvi came 2nd last year with just 1 point from Nylander before he got hurt so still in there with a chance to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad