5eimer discussion thread

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The second on Top of my to Draft/Buyout list.
His rebound controll really bad and he is not what we needing. He is a Back Up overpayed, must play Starter cant do it.
Current we have a bad Year of him, since he get a lot of Goals against him up high. It has nothing to do with the equipment Adjustment.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
No possible scenario sees him on the Florida Panthers '19-'20 opening night roster.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
He inspires zero confidence. Even if he's playing well during a game, you still find yourself holding your breath when the other team gets any shot away. Breakaways are pretty much guaranteed to be in the net unless the shooter misses it. When the puck his around the crease, he seems to be in panic mode even when he is making saves. The face down cross crease push is unlike any I recall seeing. He routinely seems to make himself "smaller" in goal. Idk if he's trying to ensure that nothing leaks under his arm, but the way he faces a shot he almost looks like a turtle withdrawing into his shell.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Reimer is just flat out bad right now. We're getting the ice cold streaks without any hot ones to balance it out.

Rather than just complain about the guy, I like to entertain some solutions for winning with him. I was thinking about this a lot, and I believe the solution is for our defense to just ice the hell out of the puck. Just fling that thing down the ice if you can't immediately see a clean move to leave the zone with it.

The longer the play goes on in the defensive zone, the more flustered and out of position Reimer gets. It becomes total chaos at the net because he's doing belly flops or drifting horribly out of position. So why not just throw it down the ice? Eventually you are going to win a faceoff.

q6egH3Z.png

Can't score goals if you're busy chasing the puck down the ice for the touch.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Reminds me of Alex Auld.

3.35 GAA 88.8% Save Percentage
3.36 GAA 89.3% Save Percentage.

Yup, same quality goaltending

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
He inspires zero confidence. Even if he's playing well during a game, you still find yourself holding your breath when the other team gets any shot away. Breakaways are pretty much guaranteed to be in the net unless the shooter misses it. When the puck his around the crease, he seems to be in panic mode even when he is making saves. The face down cross crease push is unlike any I recall seeing. He routinely seems to make himself "smaller" in goal. Idk if he's trying to ensure that nothing leaks under his arm, but the way he faces a shot he almost looks like a turtle withdrawing into his shell.

Been trying to figure out what he reminds me of with his arms flung up and head pulled down routine. Thanks that’s exactly it.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Looking at him more intensely the last few games, he lacks core strength. He is either slow to push off or needs to kick off again halfway though a cross crease slide. Beyond that his form is terrible, he doesn’t post up on corner with large holes, his butterfly looks like a beer league goalie with plenty of holes for shooters. He won’t get better without a long break to retool.

How to get rid of him is the biggest problem, either trade at 50% or buyout.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Looking at him more intensely the last few games, he lacks core strength. He is either slow to push off or needs to kick off again halfway though a cross crease slide. Beyond that his form is terrible, he doesn’t post up on corner with large holes, his butterfly looks like a beer league goalie with plenty of holes for shooters. He won’t get better without a long break to retool.

Trading at 50% would honestly be the best scenario - but how do you con someone into thinking he's worth 1.7 mil without sending some valuable assets with him...
Maybe someone looks at his numbers prior to this year and figures this was just one bad year and he'll return to form? A fan can dream...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

I don’t think it’s quite that bad, my observations (also having tried to look more carefully, but I’m not a goalie, I’ve always played a forward position) are that his two biggest issues are 1) lateral movement (so I agree on the core strength and quickness) and 2) lack of situation dependent positioning.

Tampa really exposed him on their first 3 goals on the lateral movement part, and to some extent on the OT goal. But Kucherov also exposed him on the PP goal regarding positioning. Reimer was way too deep in the net. Had he played at the edge of the crease, he might well have blocked the shot. Did he get told about being too aggressive after the Anaheim tip-in goal? If he did, that would suck.

I do agree that his 5-hole is vulnerable though. He’s once again not quick and consistent enough with the butterfly.

I think he IS a pretty good scrambler though. He basically had saved us from Tampa’s 4th goal had it not been for Hunt’s first goal of the season. That wasn’t on Reimer.

I don’t hold out much hope that he’ll become solid, but it all depends on if he can quickly become quick again. It looks like his season preparation was not done right and he’s slowly catching up with the season and costing us some games.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He has no confidence.

But the major flaw in his play is moving laterally. We all started to notice it early on and it became an issue In the first CBJ game this season, when they scored on the PP and he couldn’t get across in time.

Not only is he slow to move across the crease but he gets smaller as he moves. Most of the goals last night required him to move laterally.

That’s got to be the playbook on him too. If you get a cross ice pass, immediately shoot bc he’s busy withdrawing into himself and slowly moving post to post.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Trading at 50% would honestly be the best scenario - but how do you con someone into thinking he's worth 1.7 mil without sending some valuable assets with him...
Maybe someone looks at his numbers prior to this year and figures this was just one bad year and he'll return to form? A fan can dream...

Fire Tallas blame it on him and hope somebody with a good goalie coach bites?

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Reimer is not having bad luck his whole play-style right now is not something a goalie should do

Reactions: StrangeVision

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In all fairness to reimer, he had no chance on the game tying goal. It was kicked in by hunt and immediately changed direction, no goalie would have stopped that but for blind luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad