GDT: #59 | Rangers vs Penguins |!!SunFeb17@1230pmEST!!| NBC, SN, TVAS

Will the Pens oversleep their alarm and miss the first two periods of play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yeah, firing the coach at this point is too late. Doing anything major save making tweeks/additions is the best they can do. They have enough space to make 1 good addition without subtraction beyond sending a guy down, Wilson/Blueger or waiving Ruhwedel and hope he sneaks through. If it is a depth D-man I don't even care.
Not advocating for it, but why would it be too late?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Summer makes more sense. That way they don't need to rush coach interviews or worse...naming Recchi interim headcoach without the gonads to actually strip him of the coaching title next year.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Because meaningful changes at coaching happen earlier typically with success. I know MT was fired around this time, TDL was also in early march then, but I don't see where there is a uproar from the players.

They have already made changes, and one more is probably in the cards. That shouldn't be at head coaching. Who's gonna take over? Recchi?

I mean, there isn't much to go with, and none leaking about, it'd be silly to do it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I just realized that Horny has gone 11 games without a point, that's awful, especially for a player that plays on the top PP.

It breaks my heart. I love Horny. But he's making the people who hated the re-sign have ammo. :(

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It breaks my heart. I love Horny. But he's making the people who hated the re-sign have ammo. :(
I love Horny but hated the re-sign. He’s a smaller guy that plays the role that much bigger players normally play. He gets the shit beat out of him night in and night out and his body is wearing down quicker and quicker. And even the heart that he normally brings to the team hasn’t seemed to be jumpstarting them to many wins lately...

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Riikola has been at worst our 3rd best dman most nights he has played. This coaching staff really needs a new set of eyes, because they're not objective in evaluating their own talent.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
But I thought Wilson was totally going to stay in the line-up until the end of the season?!?

I am not too sure that Simon on Line 4 is a great idea, to be honest, but let's see.

Kessel really needs to wake up, Malkin needs to produce 5 on 5. Mostly, we need to stop playing down to the opponents.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
now you have your 12 best forwards in the lineup and still looks like hot mess, that fourth line will see a significant drop cause Simon will bring nothing there, Second line is ill concived, unless Geno get into that divine mode (fat chance) that line wiill continue to be meh...third luine at best can thread the waater....

Reactions: KIRK

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

It's impossible not to like Hornqvist (I've been a fan since before he was a Penguin, actually) but anyone who didn't think that contract potentially had "Kunitz 2.0" written all over it is lying to themselves at least a little bit, IMO.

Glad to see Wilson scratched.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's impossible not to like Hornqvist (I've been a fan since before he was a Penguin, actually) but anyone who didn't think that contract potentially had "Kunitz 2.0" written all over it is lying to themselves at least a little bit, IMO.
same here, biggest fan of his forever, just no place for him as constructed right now, he brings nothing unless his line has >55% possession and throwing shots on goal...thats not third line, its not second line...maybe with Sid? really tough to place him anywhere

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I just realized that Horny has gone 11 games without a point, that's awful, especially for a player that plays on the top PP.

Horny needs to be on one of the top to lines. He is best when he gets minutes and is involved in the game. He just doesn’t fit on the lower lines with less skill right now.

He’s a net front presence for goal scorers. Which the third line lacks right now.

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Always torn on these heart ripping stories. I use hockey as escapism to get away from reality and enjoy a little entertainment. Seeing young men/women go through so much is difficult.

Nice stories. Good stories. But always a little torn.

Reactions: Dark Ambient

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
But I thought Wilson was totally going to stay in the line-up until the end of the season?!?

I am not too sure that Simon on Line 4 is a great idea, to be honest, but let's see.

Kessel really needs to wake up, Malkin needs to produce 5 on 5. Mostly, we need to stop playing down to the opponents.
Wilson is colaterall damage...Sully has no idea what to do, players are not performing, he is looking for anykind of spark...

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
now you have your 12 best forwards in the lineup and still looks like hot mess, that fourth line will see a significant drop cause Simon will bring nothing there, Second line is ill concived, unless Geno get into that divine mode (fat chance) that line wiill continue to be meh...third luine at best can thread the waater....

If at first you succeed in ******* over Geno, just keep doing it . . .

But, hey, Sid gets the RW he wants, so it's all good . . .

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Horny needs to be on one of the top to lines. He is best when he gets minutes and is involved in the game. He just doesn’t fit on the lower lines with less skill right now.

He’s a net front presence for goal scorers. Which the third line lacks right now.

He should be playing with Sid because he doesn’t help G at all unless he’s in God mode...but Sid doesn’t want to play with him, so again, why did we pay him as a top 6 wing...imo, he should be with Sid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad