Post-Game Talk: #59| New York Islanders @ Colorado Avalanche | February 19th | 10:00 PM | F/L 3-1

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
This has nothing to do with the GDT but after my hockey game on Monday idk if I slept on my shoulder weird or if I took an awkward fall in the game but my shoulder hurts so bad the entire day today. Thank the Lord I have off from teaching.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I went to the avs board to find out about why the late start time. All i found was 5 pages of martin kaut puns. Apparently its his nhl debut.
I just took a look over there and could only get through 1.5 pages....but I like. My kind of board. I have no idea whether the kid can play but I do know that when you live in a state where recreational usage is condoned, his name can keep you occupied for hours.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Going to see our new shutdown pairing of Pulock and Greene against Mackinnon's line tonight. Greene looked good in game 1. Hopefully he has had a day to let it settle in, and go through what Pulock likes to do out there, and how Trotz likes his team's to play. It is a big challenge for any D man, nevermind a player just traded to a new team.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Going to see our new shutdown pairing of Pulock and Greene against Mackinnon's line tonight. Greene looked good in game 1. Hopefully he has had a day to let it settle in, and go through what Pulock likes to do out there, and how Trotz likes his team's to play. It is a big challenge for any D man, nevermind a player just traded to a new team.
He may not be the most dynamic or skilled Dman, but he seems like the kind of guy who can jump in without a practice and be OK. Can play a simple game and pick up on cues that he’s become attuned to over the years.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You make him sound like a rookie. Yes, it's a new team, but he knows more about how to defend than anyone we've got. Even so, it's COL and they're going to get some goals tonight, hopefully two or less. Can we get two is the question?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He may not be the most dynamic or skilled Dman, but he seems like the kind of guy who can jump in without a practice and be OK. Can play a simple game and pick up on cues that he’s become attuned to over the years.
He is a cerebral player, I always thought this going back to his NJ years. If anyone can be a quick study, it will be Greene. Going to need a big shut down game from Pulock and Greene.
You make him sound like a rookie. Yes, it's a new team, but he knows more about how to defend than anyone we've got. Even so, it's COL and they're going to get some goals tonight, hopefully two or less. Can we get two is the question?
Call it cautious optimism. Mackinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog are one of the best lines in hockey. I have a healthy respect for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad