Post-Game Talk: #59| New York Islanders @ Colorado Avalanche | February 19th | 10:00 PM | F/L 3-1

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
One player who impressed me a lot from the Avalanche was Samuel Girard, Beauvillier's former teammate with Shawinigan. I wish we could have picked him up too. A player who fell back during the draft because of his small size, but in my eyes he is clearly superior to Bellows (our first pick in 2016, the same year as Girard). And I could also add: a lot better than many of the other first picks in this draft!

I know that it's easier to criticize the choices after the fact (and that we are already good in defense), but to have Girard would definitely have allowed the Islanders to be able to trade a player like Leddy (because the two are left-handed unlike Dobson).

Leddy traded for an attacker and on left defense (when everyone is healthy), we could have:
Pelech
Girard
Greene
Toews

Even much better!

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Back home. At the Coliseum. John Tonelli Night. Against the worst team in the league. Everything is aligned for a big, feel-good win and snap this losing streak. A loss tomorrow would be downright depressing and I'd encourage the mods to shut this place down for a day or two.
no, this is fortunately not your board - if you don't get it with other postings then please stay away for a day or two. As I regularly read this board I feel in most of your postings you are really upset about other opinions. Only you can solve your problems. I will not answer if you react to this message (and I am sure you will).

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
no, this is fortunately not your board - if you don't get it with other postings then please stay away for a day or two. As I regularly read this board I feel in most of your postings you are really upset about other opinions. Only you can solve your problems. I will not answer if you react to this message (and I am sure you will).
Zkurvenej skopčák...

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Team doesn’t deserve for Lou to go out and get a scorer.

trim the fat and let the young guys get some games. Khunackle Komorov Brassard all waste of space. Martin I will always love but he’s not needed. Call up Koivula and Ho-Sang.
They are a waste of space but that IS the point......they are here just TO take up space.
Certainly not for their NHL quality talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad