Post-Game Talk: #59| FLYERS 3 at Canucks 2| Sunday, February 19, 2017

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Weise is the kind of player that drives coaches crazy, he can play, but he's just in one of those mind numbing offensive slumps after two solid seasons. He needs to play on a regular basis to get into a groove, but the Flyers were struggling to figure out three lines.

Voracek is definitely better with Couts, at this point in their careers, G & V are not a good pairing anymore. Weise is a mucker like Raffl and Read, but bigger and more physical. If this line works out, then you just have to figure who to put on LW with Cousins and Schenn until Konecny returns.

If Cousins settles in at 3C, you expose Read, and next year move Raffl to the 4th line.

Lindblom - G - Simmons
Weise - Couts - Voracek
Konency - Cousins - Schenn
Raffl - Laughton? - Luby
Leier

Manning didn't do a bad job paired with Provorov.
MDZ is such a headcase, everytime you think he's going to regain his form he makes another awful mistake.

Dale Weiss is not a 2nd line winger on a good NHL team. he has never scored 30 points... He is a 3rd line grinder at best. I know you are just moving around deck chairs at this point but coaches know he is not an offensive player and should not rely on him for any consistent offense. Raffl has been terrible this year and has regressed into a non-impact player really quick.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nice win. As much as I want them to tank and draft top 5 at this point, Iike Magua said, you want to see the guys enjoy themselves too.

Im going to look at games as win-wins the rest of the season. A win is fun but a loss helps our draft odds. Cant lose with this mindset! :laugh:

Also, Lol at that Manning slash.

Think we can trade him to Calgary for Brodie? :laugh:

antman12

Nov 27, 2016
Another step closer to picking 15th overall.

YwRte56.jpg

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Last night reminded me that our core is capable of more and that guys just havent been playing to their ability. Hard not to look at the coach when that happens.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I have faith in this team finding a good pick whether it be 4th overall or 15th. Ghost had a good game and was back playing d this game which is huge for him because he has been lost this season a lot of times. The Canucks on the other hand may have been the worst defensive team the Flyers played all season with all those odd man rushes. It was like Lavy was coaching the Flyers again and making Bob look bad.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Last night reminded me that our core is capable of more and that guys just havent been playing to their ability. Hard not to look at the coach when that happens.

No, it shows they can beat a mediocre team playing it's third game in four nights, after flying back from Calgary - and had to hang on by their fingernails to do so.

This team has some talent, but not nearly enough talent. Like most teams that have average talent (and below average goaltending) they'll have good nights and bad nights.

Though Neuvirth didn't give up a soft goal - which has been the team killer in a number of games this year.

And that's the problem, they have enough talent to squeeze out points when they get above average goaltending and sneak into the playoffs (like last season), but not enough to overcome below average goaltending.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Missed the game.

I heard they moved Ghost to Voracek's usual spot on the PP?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Never thought they'd take Voracek off the top PP unit, but I like the shake-up.

Jake just isn't much of a stationary threat from the right half boards, and as a result teams have been overplaying the point and left wall since the last couple of months of last season.

It will be interesting to see how teams readjust. Should ultimately end up giving Provorov more room to operate at the point.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Never thought they'd take Voracek off the top PP unit, but I like the shake-up.

Jake just isn't much of a stationary threat from the right half boards, and as a result teams have been overplaying the point and left wall since the last couple of months of last season.

It will be interesting to see how teams readjust. Should ultimately end up giving Provorov more room to operate at the point.

Bang on. This problem dated back to late last season really.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You could do Courturier - Read at the points, with Konecny/Weal - Weise - Cousins up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad