Post-Game Talk: #59| FLYERS 3 at Canucks 2| Sunday, February 19, 2017

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Realistically, they'll still lose their share of games, and they have some real tough ones coming up, minus the Avs. This one was an easier one against a tired team. But they looked good. I may root for a higher pick right now, but seeing my favorite players in distress and spiraling down the drain isn't fun. Still have to get some wins, or at least show good compete, and get some positive morale. And pretty much every single top player had a good game, some guys stepping up big league.

Couturier was flat out dominant on both ends. One of his best games of the year. That line killed it, with Weise showing he can still provide something and why sitting him and not using him on the 4th line at least is moronic. Giroux had a ton of jump and was really involved in creating chances this game. He might be getting older and struggling, but the drivel I've had to read about trading him for spare parts like he's a year away from becoming Lecavalier 2.0, when he's still a capable 60-65 point player who is just in a rough spot, has made my eyes bleed. I want him to re-find his game. And Ghost, surprise surprise, may be starting to find that positive regression to the mean that's eluded him this season so far.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That Voracek goal was great. Awesome pass by Ghost, and great smart shot to send a rebound right to Jake. Two smart plays and Jake actually hitting the net!

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Good game.

This team is too talented to sink to rock bottom. They will keep on losing ground while going at a .500 pace and then start to upset some of the better teams as soon as they are definitely out and pressure is off.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I would hope that they can beat a team like Vancouver. Do you really want them to be like Colorado??

Not at all.

It's just frustrating to see this team swimming in mediocrity.

I know it's called patience but it's hard to watch when they perform on such a irregular basis.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Nice one tonight, especially the first period and half.

Forwards had jump. Simmonds in particular was dominant.

Two concerns - Raffl (soft) and MDZ (cooked). They really need to move MDZ.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Provorov-Manning got the bulk of the Sedin-stopping minutes and they bent, but didn't break. The goal they conceded was a great deflection and Provorov was covering his man as well as you can without taking a penalty. Can't ask for much more than that on the road.

Provy - 8:55 vs Henrik, 8:51 vs Daniel
Manning - 7:25 vs Henrik, 7:13 vs Daniel

Couturier was flat out dominant on both ends. One of his best games of the year. That line killed it, with Weise showing he can still provide something and why sitting him and not using him on the 4th line at least is moronic. Giroux had a ton of jump and was really involved in creating chances this game. He might be getting older and struggling, but the drivel I've had to read about trading him for spare parts like he's a year away from becoming Lecavalier 2.0, when he's still a capable 60-65 point player who is just in a rough spot, has made my eyes bleed. I want him to re-find his game. And Ghost, surprise surprise, may be starting to find that positive regression to the mean that's eluded him this season so far.

Win + a point for Couturier = small post-game thread. :snide:

The WCV line dominated the Canucks top pairing all night.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weise is the kind of player that drives coaches crazy, he can play, but he's just in one of those mind numbing offensive slumps after two solid seasons. He needs to play on a regular basis to get into a groove, but the Flyers were struggling to figure out three lines.

Voracek is definitely better with Couts, at this point in their careers, G & V are not a good pairing anymore. Weise is a mucker like Raffl and Read, but bigger and more physical. If this line works out, then you just have to figure who to put on LW with Cousins and Schenn until Konecny returns.

If Cousins settles in at 3C, you expose Read, and next year move Raffl to the 4th line.

Lindblom - G - Simmons
Weise - Couts - Voracek
Konency - Cousins - Schenn
Raffl - Laughton? - Luby
Leier

Manning didn't do a bad job paired with Provorov.
MDZ is such a headcase, everytime you think he's going to regain his form he makes another awful mistake.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Luby has upside left, first season in the NHL, size, speed combo who can get stronger.
Problem is I think his ceiling is Weise the last two seasons before he came here, but his expectation is more Weise this year.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Brandon "Destroyer of Superstars" Manning....he strikes fear in the heart of opponents around the league.

Don't mess with the Dog!!!! His bite is much worse than his bark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad