OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This was going to be the first CoD I didn't buy in 10 years if it still had the jetpack ****.

As soon as I saw it was WWII I got so excited to have a playable game again.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This was going to be the first CoD I didn't buy in 10 years if it still had the jetpack ****.

I stopped buying them after MW3 as it started getting more futuristic & eventually jumped the shark. This one is getting me back on board.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

I did not play a single minute of Infinite Warfare. I played all MWR last year just for the nostalgia

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I bought advanced warfare for ps3 and i kept getting a disk read error after only playing it like 3 times. Of course gamestop wont take it. Im skeptical about buying another disk again but dont like the fact that if i want to buy/download a game on playstation store, i have to continue to pay $59 a year to play

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I stopped buying them after MW3 as it started getting more futuristic & eventually jumped the shark. This one is getting me back on board.

Black Ops 2 was one of the best ones, in my opinion and the opinion of many others, but other than that you only missed one mediocre game (Black ops 3) and three seriously terrible games (Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, and Infinite Warfare).

I did not play a single minute of Infinite Warfare. I played all MWR last year just for the nostalgia

Since CoD4 I've always played a lot of CoD mutlplayer and even when I hated the other jetpack ones I toughed it out and played until max prestige... Infinite Warfare is the first one I've ever not finished. Just a horrible game.

Then MWR was good (CoD4 was tied for my favorite CoD with MW2, so I was crazy excited to hear they were remastering it) but I think they ****ed it up. Adding new camos is tolerable... adding new guns is stupid.

In my opinion, it goes CoD4+MW2>BO2>MW3+BO1>WAW>BO3>Ghosts>AW>IW

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I thought CoD4\MW "1" is the only game in the series I liked. It was fresh and the gameplay was great. MW2 was still OK but for whatever reason it started to rub me the wrong way at that point.

Now it's PUBG for life

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So my hockey team the Rebels just capped off an Undefeated season with a championship win tonight! First time we have won it in 5 years. This one was really special. We played incredible D all season. I ended up with 2 goals in the 7-4 win tonight..including a goal with 1 second left in the 1st period (think the Johnson goal for USA vs Russian in the Miracle on Ice!)

Feels great!

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
So my hockey team the Rebels just capped off an Undefeated season with a championship win tonight! First time we have won it in 5 years. This one was really special. We played incredible D all season. I ended up with 2 goals in the 7-4 win tonight..including a goal with 1 second left in the 1st period (think the Johnson goal for USA vs Russian in the Miracle on Ice!)

Feels great!

What rink do you play at?

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

Feels great!

Congrats dude. That's a cool accomplishment

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I thought CoD4\MW "1" is the only game in the series I liked. It was fresh and the gameplay was great. MW2 was still OK but for whatever reason it started to rub me the wrong way at that point.

Now it's PUBG for life

I built a computer and am in the process of learning keyboard and mouse for PUBG. I have 5 kills in 10 hours of play time and am having the time of my life. I haven't been this addicted to a game since CoD4 dropped in '07.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So we got a new puppy.

They are cute... but currently this is not fun LOL. I know people said that caring for a puppy is 5x as hard as an adult dog. Damn were they right.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I built a computer and am in the process of learning keyboard and mouse for PUBG. I have 5 kills in 10 hours of play time and am having the time of my life. I haven't been this addicted to a game since CoD4 dropped in '07.

Enjoy it. Your first win will be feel great. Definitely a huge transition if you don't have keyboard\mouse experience.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So we got a new puppy.

They are cute... but currently this is not fun LOL. I know people said that caring for a puppy is 5x as hard as an adult dog. Damn were they right.

The first couple weeks are rough. But then they aren't a puppy any more and you'll miss it. haha.

PUBG is GOAT.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Enjoy it. Your first win will be feel great. Definitely a huge transition if you don't have keyboard\mouse experience.

It's like learning a new language. I'm still struggling with getting stuck ADS. All of these years of holding down a button to ADS is screwing me up.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
It's like learning a new language. I'm still struggling with getting stuck ADS. All of these years of holding down a button to ADS is screwing me up.

Not sure but you may be able to change it to a press and hold instead of a toggle?

IMO the hardest thing to pick up on is the bullet drop and leading targets. That's not something you will experience in console shooters and even though I have experience with it in ARMA mods on PC, it's still hard to master.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Not sure but you may be able to change it to a press and hold instead of a toggle?

IMO the hardest thing to pick up on is the bullet drop and leading targets. That's not something you will experience in console shooters and even though I have experience with it in ARMA mods on PC, it's still hard to master.

No dice on changing it as of yet. I've searched forums and it's a known grief, but I'm sure they'll patch it at some point. I played H1Z1 a little and that is press and hold, which felt more comfortable.

Yeah I shy away from gun fights at long range right now as we typically just give our position away and then proceed to get annihilated. It would be nice if they had skill based servers. Although, the only way to get better is to repeatedly get your ass kicked in.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
PUBG is sweet, so far I've won about 8 solo games and 1 each of duo/group. Definitely harder to play with other people then go about it as a lone wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad