Post-Game Talk: #58| Sabres at FLYERS | Thu., Feb. 19, 2015|

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
is it about time we start calling out this teams best players? Jake and Giroux have been very disappointing of late. I get the whole lack of offensive zone argument. fine. but bottom line is out 2 best players have not been good enough of late.
2 must wins games at home before the tough back to back and they get 1 point. They were very fortunate to win on Sunday as well.
24 wins in 59 games and some think this is a playoff team? REALLY? just ****ing stop. .

This weekend is going to be a ****ing train wreck.

You are right in general, but I thought last night both played well. Voracek especially.

G is not getting any puck luck right now, and Schenn was abismal last night. It seemed like Raffl was not getting all of the ES time there either. There was some weird combos at times.

Schmidty324

Sep 14, 2010
Philadelphia
You are right in general, but I thought last night both played well. Voracek especially.

G is not getting any puck luck right now, and Schenn was abismal last night. It seemed like Raffl was not getting all of the ES time there either. There was some weird combos at times.

At one point in overtime i'm pretty sure it was Giroux, Del Zotto, Luke, and Schultz on the ice.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I think White looked very good and not just because he scored. Him and Schenn were buzzing and creating opportunities but still have the white elephant on the line that hurt them just like coots and read.

I also think VdV gave G and Jake a little spark at the end.

Berube SUCKS..20 seconds left on the PP with a ozone draw and you put out PEB, Vinny and Vdv with Grossman and Coburn on the points WTF!!!! 20 seconds is plenty of time.

We will have 99% of the same forwards next year no question. I feel its time we find a new coach to start working with them because the line combos dont work. We have 2 potential lines and a 3rd line that mine as well be a 4th. Berube just cant make it work and it shouldnt be impossible to make 3 strong lines and 1 4th line

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I see a lot of comments about is this the whte flag that we will sell? Hextall has been on record now many times saying he is not buying at the deadline or selling any young kids or assets.
I don't think anyone at all has posted about selling "young kids" or "assets"

I think the overwhelming majority of posters are in complete agreement that they should be sellers and what they sell is some of the dead weight on the blueline-not youth or picks

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't think anyone at all has posted about selling "young kids" or "assets"

I think the overwhelming majority of posters are in complete agreement that they should be sellers and what they sell is some of the dead weight on the blueline-not youth or picks

It's more about the people talking about this will be the moment we sell instead of buy. We were never going to be buyers in the first place.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Interim that starts with what we hope is a new system could very well make the team worse all while giving us a jump on next season. ( see WPG)

Gerting a head start on next year is the exact opposite of short term thinking. Berube or no Berube we are picking 7-14. Give me a huge jump on next season over 7th pick everyday.

Mike Babcock is not available yet to teach them their new system. :naughty:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Missed this one... thankfully.

Boston keeps the door open for a playoff spot; the Flyers just aren't good enough to walk through it.

Very frustrating season (saying this too much in recent years).

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
For several weeks I've been disgusted with Hextall for not firing Berube. At this point, I want Berube for the rest of the season. Usually with a new coach a team gets a dead cat bounce and wins a few games. For this team that wouldn't be enough to make the POs and would only worsen the draft position. Keep Chief and keep sinking in the standings.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
if you are Mike Babcock why would you come to Philly? money?
that would be about the only reason.

It seems that it's why he's going to go where he goes regardless.

Not sure if it was talked about but Lecavalier didn't see the ice in overtime.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detroit has a better overall group of younger players.

Don't know enough about their young players to agree or argue against that.

Another thing in favor of the Flyers... Philly isn't Detroit so he wouldn't have to live near Detroit or go to Detroit. That's gotta be a + for Philly.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Until he makes a wrong turn in West or North Philly. :laugh:

Yeah, it's not the best place in the world, but it seems pretty good if you compare it to this picture of Detroit...

destroyed_city_by_shadowyingzhi-d3ee065.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad