Not open for further replies.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
8RxzUT1.png

NHL.com said:
RANGERS (31-24-3) at PENGUINS (40-15-2)

TV: NHLN-US, MSG 2, ROOT, RDS

Last 10: New York 7-3-0; Pittsburgh 7-3-0

Season series: The New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins play for the final time. Pittsburgh has won the past two games, once in a shootout, after losing the first 5-1 at Madison Square Garden.

Big story: The Penguins announced Friday defenseman Kris Letang suffered a stroke last week, from which he is recovering. The stroke is not believed to be career- or life-threatening; however, Letang will miss at least six weeks, after which he'll be reevaluated.

New York has ascended to second place in the Metropolitan Division with a 15-6-1 stretch but trails first-place Pittsburgh by 17 points. The Rangers have not won in Pittsburgh since Jan. 6, 2012, but are 5-4-1 in their past 10 games there. The Penguins are an NHL-best 23-4-0 at home this season.

"The Rangers have been playing strong recently, been scoring a lot, [Henrik] Lundqvist has been standing on his head a few times, and it's a divisional rivalry," Penguins defenseman Rob Scuderi said after an optional practice Thursday. "So I think that there'll be more than enough motivation for us to play."

Kunitz-Crosby-Gibbons
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Glass-Sutter-Megna
Zolnierczyk-Adams-Engelland

Orpik-Martin
Maatta-Niskanen
Scuderi-Bortuzzo

Fleury

VS.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Klein

Lundqvist

YR2W41h.png
6zVvpAQ.png

x3HkTfg.png

Good Luck at the Olympics, boys and get well soon Letang!

Last edited:

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
figured I'd do a more conventional GDT for once :P

Fake Edit:
*sigh*

forgot to put the GDT at the beginning of the title again... Thank you in advance whichever mod fixes that :)

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Nice work! I'd love for Kunitz to have a big game for all the Olympic hate he's getting.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Nice GDT. I nearly missed this though as it didn't have the GDT thread prefix, can a mod put that on?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Nice GDT.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Tonight's #Pens D: Orpik-Martin, Maatta-Niskanen, Scuderi-Bortuzzo. Fleury in net.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Tonight's #Pens lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Gibbons, Jokinen-Malkin-Neal, Glass-Sutter-Megna, Zolnierczyk-Adams-Engelland

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is it me or is it an indictment of Scuderi's play that he is on the bottom pairing with Bortuzzo? Or just that Maatta-Niskanen has been incredible.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Is it me or is it an indictment of Scuderi's play that he is on the bottom pairing with Bortuzzo? Or just that Maatta-Niskanen has been incredible.

Maatta-Niskanen has been a consistent line and that likely played into the decisions. up until recently, Bortuzzo has been holding the spot for Letang (and i guess he still could be)

His play might have something to do with it but I think theres a few other factors that Bylsma would consider first

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Not a problem. It wasn't a criticism. I just wasn't sure if Niskanen was hurt. With this club, you just never know.

now that i think about it, the fact that I had Engelland at both D and Forward shoulda given my mistake away lol

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Frankly I'd prefer Crosby not to play in this game, go to Sochi to be there for the Opening Ceremony. Of course if he scores a hat-trick my stance will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad