Post-Game Talk: 58: Flyers at Maple Leafs, Saturday, February 20, 2016

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
I think Delmore is arguable.

I don't think he is a better skater than Howe... he does not have the top end speed Howe did/still does going off alum game! And Howe also had absurdly good edge-work and was a fantastic skater backwards too.

Yeah Howe could do it all, in open ice and along the boards. And guys twenty pounds heavier than him used to bounce off him.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Shouldn't forget Desjardins.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Was at the game. Great flyers presence which surprised me. Alot of people my age (mid 20s) wearing orange, even had a lets go flyers chant in the upper 300s

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Mason's injury:

From Dave Isaac:

From Sam C.:

It was very strange watching Mason on the bench. He took two pills right when he got on the bench. I thought maybe a head ache or something. He didn't take his helmet off for a while too almost like he wanted to get back out there

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Great game to be at, I'm sure the coaches hated it.

Flyers nation was alive and well tonight. If any of you saw a tall guy barking at the officials all night wearing a white Mason jersey, that was me :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
all those guys ahead of him, Suter aside played in a era when scoring was higher than it was now. Not taking anything away from those legends, its just a fact.
That would be Gary Suter in 1987-88, not Ryan Suter.

I'd put a young Pitkanen ahead of Desjardins, purely skating wise.
I remember going to Pitkanen's 2nd ever NHL and watching him haul ass in an OT game against Pittsburgh quite similar to what Gostisbehere did tonight. It was a WOW moment for me. Unfortunately he didn't finish the chance like Shanye did.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Great game to be at, I'm sure the coaches hated it.

Flyers nation was alive and well tonight. If any of you saw a tall guy barking at the officials all night wearing a white Mason jersey, that was me :laugh:

I loved the ass hole chant after he Streit no goal lol. The season ticket holder beside me said he hasn't seen so many jersey for a away USA team ever. They even had a sign by one of the exits that said Flyers is Canada's Team and Canada flag in orange (maybe with flyers logo) during warm up.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Schenn smoked Kadri at the faceoff dot tonight. He went 13/16 against him. Giroux usually takes Kadri to town on the dot every time we play the Leafs so Schenn filled the void tonight. :laugh:

Last edited:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Someone on the Leafs GDT said "Flyers suck, maybe they should start a long rebuild" Pretty sure our rebuild is going just as well if not better

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Just checked the TOI and it's interesting that without G, the lowest F was RJ at 13 min. The whole group looked good at times with more icetime. Thought Laughton played one of his better games, for example.

Also wondering how bad Medvedev's injury is. Anyone see what happened?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
It feels so good to see Schenn playing like this. Really curious about his new contract.

Ghost is exceeding everything! Need to keep his streak alive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad