Post-Game Talk: #58 | FLYERS 2 at Blue Jackets 1 (OT) | Fri., Feb. 16 2018, 7:00 pm ET

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Watching it again. It all goes downhill when Manning turns it over & then Gudas terribly ices it at 6:56. They escape, somehow, despite keystone kops in their own zone, actually get a great chance or two, then just under 4 mins a Neuvirth turnover & a MacD icing, lost dzone faceoff, tie game. No “shell.”
Bingo

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I’ve never understood this — the desire to censor alternate viewpoints. Do you want to live in an echo chamber? Can you not handle well-reasoned opposing viewpoints that threaten to expose possible biases? Because rewatch the last 10 minutes of the game. Everything I said is correct. Or at minimum worthy of consideration. Part of the reason I post here is there are smart people, like Appleyard & Magua, who offer well-reasoned and well-supported opinions, even if I disagree. Sometimes I change my opinions — like Wade Allison. I would never think to block them because I disagree. And if you think my opinions are nothing but trolling & baseless, fine, but I try to be objective & supply evidence for my opinions, & I think if you rewatch the last 10 minutes of last night objectively you’ll realize my point that there was no system change into a “shell,” just icings, dzone & neutral zone turnovers, & dzone draws that made the ice tilted in CBJ’s favor, & it was ultimately Farmer’s icing that cost them.
If you block you should f*** off of my opinion and it's a great one. Man or woman up.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
It's called team play stats....Defence stats...Offence stats...like some said here Lappy is a bad PK coach because the PK is bad and the stats support that.

But yeah rage kage it's "SUPER SECRET" shhhhh don't tell anyone!!!

I don't see the lasvegas games and I could easily say the coach must be real good to have those kind of numbers.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nobody blocks posters unless Sissy's. Be men and women if any on this board and understand opinions are just that.
I don't block anyone, but I can understand why some might, and it has nothing to do with opinions.

For example, I understand why some might get annoyed reading deadheads lies and no longer want to see it wasting space in threads.

If he could have real discussions with people and acted like a normal member of this board, they probably wouldn't have blocked him.

Imagine we're standing outside and it's a beautiful day, sunny and warm. You say "Wow it's really nice out right now" and I respond "No it isn't. The weatherman said it was going to rain all day. You're not a weatherman and I tend to trust him over someone who's never even been a weatherman".

You'd tell me to f*** off, right? :laugh:

There'd be no problem if you said the weather was nice but I disagreed and said I prefer it a little warmer/cooler... because then that's just a disagreement based on opinion.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Why would I bother with you Striiker, you have nothing interesting to say.
Just your opinions, which I don't respect anymore.
You don't even provide a scintilla of information or analysis, just bald statements of opinion presented as fact.
The Cap'n is as ignorant, but a lot more entertaining.

I don't block people, I'm a fast reader, and even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion (or have something interesting to say once a week).
But the two-thousandth rendition of "Hakstol is an idiot" from an amateur who has never played the game at a professional level or coached is kinda boring.

This is why people have a problem with you, its this holier than thou attitude. Just stop it

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
Striiker...Even if your post was funny. I see it being you saying its raining and us saying its sunny...cuz now the facts are Flyers in 3rd place, 2 points and a game in hand to 2nd place in the toughest division. But still you say it's bad coaching every game, I mean you could like you said in your last sentence dislike the coach cuz you like a coach more aggressive or whatever but saying he is the worst and seeing the standings and stats (5th best in Ga 5vs5, 5th best in SA/ga, better then half the NHL teams in GF and GA total) with all the anchors playing in this team. I just don't see it. I don't think a bad coach overall would do those defensive stats with this D lineup and goaltender.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Striiker...Even if your post was funny. I see it being you saying its raining and us saying its sunny...cuz now the facts are Flyers in 3rd place, 2 points and a game in hand to 2nd place in the toughest division. But still you say it's bad coaching every game, I mean you could like you said in your last sentence dislike the coach cuz you like a coach more aggressive or whatever but saying he is the worst and seeing the standings and stats (5th best in Ga 5vs5, 5th best in SA/ga, better then half the NHL teams in GF and GA total) with all the anchors playing in this team. I just don't see it. I don't think a bad coach overall would do those defensive stats with this D lineup and goaltender.

If you really believe that them being 3rd in their division is proof that Hakstol is a good coach then I don't know how to properly explain this in a way that make you see what I'm saying... I really don't.

You keep bringing up their spot in the rankings as "proof" of him being a good coach... well they were awful last year... was he a horrible coach then? Now suddenly they're in a good spot, so that means he is too? All last year we had the exact same complaints about him because he was doing the exact same things that hurt the team. Would you have agreed with us then, simply because of their spot in the standings?

You know what changed between last year and this year? It wasn't the coach. It was the players. Guys who had bad years last year, whether that's because of injury or slumps or whatever, are now playing incredible. That's why it's so obvious our top players are responsible for our position in the standings.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I am not an ardent Hakstol supporter.

It just seems that way because I’m one of the few willing to offer him a defense.

So to speak. (You’d say he’d send it to the minors.)

He’s about to steer this mediocre team into the playoffs again in 2/3 seasons.

Their even strength metrics are terrific. His moving Giroux to wing was huge, & Konecny & Patrick have blossomed, even if you want to argue it could’ve been sooner.

Maybe Hak isn’t the anti-Midas he’s made out to be, & there’s a middle ground.

Nah. Next time they get pressured when ahead in the 3rd it’s because of a “Hakshell” rather than icings and turnovers.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am not an ardent Hakstol supporter.

It just seems that way because I’m one of the few willing to offer him a defense.

So to speak. (You’d say he’d send it to the minors.)

He’s about to steer this mediocre team into the playoffs again in 2/3 seasons.

Their even strength metrics are terrific. His moving Giroux to wing was huge, & Konecny & Patrick have blossomed, even if you want to argue it could’ve been sooner.

Maybe Hak isn’t the anti-Midas he’s made out to be, & there’s a middle ground.

Nah. Next time they get pressured when ahead in the 3rd it’s because of a “Hakshell” rather than icings and turnovers.

I believe that you see it that way.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Hakstol f***ing sucks.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Even if I don't have the same explanation of what's happening and why....I fully understand the pain. Let's hope you have no reason to say FIRE HAK against the Rangers today.
I don't expect Hakstol to show that he can recognize our 3 worst forwards and 3 worst defensemen.

Until he does, he'll get the exact amount of hate he deserves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad