Post-Game Talk: #58 | FLYERS 2 at Blue Jackets 1 (OT) | Fri., Feb. 16 2018, 7:00 pm ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why would I bother with you Striiker, you have nothing interesting to say.
Just your opinions, which I don't respect anymore.
You don't even provide a scintilla of information or analysis, just bald statements of opinion presented as fact.
The Cap'n is as ignorant, but a lot more entertaining.

I don't block people, I'm a fast reader, and even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion (or have something interesting to say once a week).
But the two-thousandth rendition of "Hakstol is an idiot" from an amateur who has never played the game at a professional level or coached is kinda boring.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Also:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny have 3.39 ExGF/60

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek had 2.84 ExGF/60

Just insanity. Only one line in NHL with 250+ mins this year has better ExGF/60 (Perrault-Little-Ehlers)... and that line have got 53% OZ starts.

While Konecny is playing well, I think this is a tribute to both Giroux and Couts, and kinda of a knock on Voracek.

G & Couts are great at setting up their RW, but Voracek freelances and puck hogs a bit, and that actually reduces their contribution, whereas Konecny is great at creating play opportunities with his burst, and when he does, they get him the puck then follow up. Konecny's speed opens up the defense for G and Couts, and Konecny gets the puck back to them (too often at times, he needs to shoot more instead of forcing passes through traffic).

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I am ignorant!

zItnnv.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The sooner everyone blocks him the sooner he goes away ;)
I’ve never understood this — the desire to censor alternate viewpoints. Do you want to live in an echo chamber? Can you not handle well-reasoned opposing viewpoints that threaten to expose possible biases? Because rewatch the last 10 minutes of the game. Everything I said is correct. Or at minimum worthy of consideration. Part of the reason I post here is there are smart people, like Appleyard & Magua, who offer well-reasoned and well-supported opinions, even if I disagree. Sometimes I change my opinions — like Wade Allison. I would never think to block them because I disagree. And if you think my opinions are nothing but trolling & baseless, fine, but I try to be objective & supply evidence for my opinions, & I think if you rewatch the last 10 minutes of last night objectively you’ll realize my point that there was no system change into a “shell,” just icings, dzone & neutral zone turnovers, & dzone draws that made the ice tilted in CBJ’s favor, & it was ultimately Farmer’s icing that cost them.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
the Flyers are 26th in the NHL in 3rd period goals allowed.
Looks like a lot of teams are playing the 3rd period shell :sarcasm:

Minnesota has allowed 75 3rd period goals. that is insane. 7 more than the 1st and 2nd combined.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gee, I dunno, maybe it's because when teams are behind they play more aggressive and take more chances with their forecheck and pin teams in their defensive zone, whether they want to be aggressive or not?

Or are there 25 coaches dumber than Hakstol?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I would love to see where the Flyers rank blowing third period leads

Well I dont know. I am just looking at the scoring by period stats at NHL.com. But when 25 teams are ahead of you in goals allowed in the 3rd period they most likely have teams ahead of them in that regard.
Philly has allowed the 10th most 2nd period goals and the 15th most 1st period goals for anyone wanting to know.

Cant find shots per period anywhere, but the Flyers are allowing the 5th fewest shots per game.
Only Dallas, St. Louis, Carolina and Boston have allowed fewer.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Watching it again. It all goes downhill when Manning turns it over & then Gudas terribly ices it at 6:56. They escape, somehow, despite keystone kops in their own zone, actually get a great chance or two, then just under 4 mins a Neuvirth turnover & a MacD icing, lost dzone faceoff, tie game. No “shell.”

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
Thats my point...the stats doesn't support the Hak hate....the eyes do I know, me too...But the point here is to win and win it all not to please all fans with line and usage they want. I know the entertainment portion is important since we watch the game and buy tickets but I'm really satisfy this year in term of hockey skills and hockey play by this team in general. And when you see the stats without any other factor, I mean (SENSIBLE HEART, DIE HARD HAK HATERS AND STRIIKER:snide: BEWARE) he look like a genius :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Someone's going to need to find me these coach stats this guy keeps talking about.

Obviously he doesn't mean anything on the ice, since those are player stats, so there must be something else I don't know about.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Why would I bother with you Striiker, you have nothing interesting to say.
Just your opinions, which I don't respect anymore.
You don't even provide a scintilla of information or analysis, just bald statements of opinion presented as fact.
The Cap'n is as ignorant, but a lot more entertaining.

I don't block people, I'm a fast reader, and even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion (or have something interesting to say once a week).
But the two-thousandth rendition of "Hakstol is an idiot" from an amateur who has never played the game at a professional level or coached is kinda boring.
Nobody blocks posters unless Sissy's. Be men and women if any on this board and understand opinions are just that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad