Post-Game Talk: #57| New York Islanders @ Vegas Golden Knights | February 15th | 10:30 PM | F/L 1-0

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
This is no longer about a top 6 scorer. They can't even play there system properly anymore. They miss Pelech badly. To many players playing in spots they can't handle. Need Zeeker and Clutter back, that's really the difference. This team was never going to win a Cup without upgrading the scoring...but they are going to miss the playoffs if they don't get another defensemen

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
This is no longer about a top 6 scorer. They can't even play there system properly anymore. They miss Pelech badly. To many players playing in spots they can't handle. Need Zeeker and Clutter back, that's really the difference. This team was never going to win a Cup without upgrading the scoring...but they are going to miss the playoffs if they don't get another defensemen

I was gonna say Cal & Casey are guys you want against this kind of team. I still think they could squeak in a wildcard spot but I do think we should be concerned. They have been awful vs the West on the road.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Probably don't deserve to be there when they have barely a point on West Coast.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Trotz blames underperforming top lines.

He's right. Lee hasn't been good, nor Eberle. Barzal has struggled at times. Nelson has gone MIA compared what we saw in Brocktober. Bailey has been okay-ish, but was bad tonight. Beauvillier is the only one I'm not annoyed with right now in the top 6.

I still want to see the Lee Nelson Bailey line reunited. It just creates such a problem on the top line because I don't like Beauvillier playing with Barzal.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I do love Butch saying they're OK as long as they win next two. We haven't scored in six periods and barely had a a chance in the two before that.
Rarely looked likely to score since leading 3-0 at end of first period against Flyers.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Waive Kuhnhackl and call up Ho-Sang. Nothing to lose. We need the offense. Maybe he helps spark something or maybe he doesn’t. Might as well give him a shot and see if he can help this team. If he doesn’t, let him walk in the summer if you don’t want to qualify him.

Also, Martin just isn’t as effective without Cizikas and/or Clutterbuck. He’s barely effective with them.

no need for both Johnston and Martin to ever be in the line up the same game.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
He's right. Lee hasn't been good, nor Eberle. Barzal has struggled at times. Nelson has gone MIA compared what we saw in Brocktober. Bailey has been okay-ish, but was bad tonight. Beauvillier is the only one I'm not annoyed with right now in the top 6.

I still want to see the Lee Nelson Bailey line reunited. It just creates such a problem on the top line because I don't like Beauvillier playing with Barzal.

Why not? Is it not "heavy" enough for you?

Beau can snipe and has proven chemistry with Barzal. Lee-Nelson-Bails is a proven trio too.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
I was gonna say Cal & Casey are guys you want against this kind of team. I still think they could squeak in a wildcard spot but I do think we should be concerned. They have been awful vs the West on the road.
I mean I agree. But its getting tight in the standings. Casey and Cal get those chippy clutch goals. We really miss them. Martin is basically a blackhole without them. I think we will see Aho in the next game, Noah needs a breather.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Thats Trotz style of game right there...42 hits and the low scoring grind out type of game....and Varly with his best game in forever in net...but 19 shots on goal is just pathetic. Barzal, Beau and Bailey followed their ZERO shots on goal from our last SHO loss with each chipping in one....:eek:

Lee is the ONLY forward who has been shooting and put up an astounding 0 for 12 in the two goose eggs....

Reactions: BTrotts19

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why not? Is it not "heavy" enough for you?

Beau can snipe and has proven chemistry with Barzal. Lee-Nelson-Bails is a proven trio too.

I think Beauvillier is a worse player when paired with Barzal because he watches and defers too much to Barzal. He's more valuable elsewhere, I think. That trio gets too much into a "look for the perfect play" and overpass the puck. I guess you could argue the team is currently doing that, but I think it gets worse and Lee does provide a unique element/size to that line even though he's an ill fit (partly because of how he's trying to play instead of just accepting he doesn't have hands).

Reactions: bigtim1988

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I think Beauvillier is a worse player when paired with Barzal because he watches and defers too much to Barzal. He's more valuable elsewhere, I think.

Beau has demonstrated the ability to set the pace for a line and be the motor, but he's also really good at getting to open ice, receiving a pass and firing it quickly , with accuracy. This team has a hesitance to them that is annoying to watch, Beau is really the only guy who consistently gets shots off quick.

I respect your perspective but being shutout in two straight games, it's time to shake it up. I do hope Beau is on Barzals line and believe if they played together from game 1 they'd both have 6-8 more points at minimum.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Beau has demonstrated the ability to set the pace for a line and be the motor, but he's also really good at getting to open ice, receiving a pass and firing it quickly , with accuracy. This team has a hesitance to them that is annoying to watch, Beau is really the only guy who consistently gets shots off quick.

I respect your perspective but being shutout in two straight games, it's time to shake it up. I do hope Beau is on Barzals line and believe if they played together from game 1 they'd both have 6-8 more points at minimum.

They go through periods where they look lights out, then they slump. I think it's just a problem with the lineup because no matter what combinations are tried the same slumping happens after a stretch. I wouldn't hate it, I just want Beauvillier to be the player he is right now while playing with Barzal instead of watching him.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
They go through periods where they look lights out, then they slump. I think it's just a problem with the lineup because no matter what combinations are tried the same slumping happens after a stretch. I wouldn't hate it, I just want Beauvillier to be the player he is right now while playing with Barzal instead of watching him.

I personally think you'll see less slumps with this...

Beau-Barzal-Eberle will give you more odd man rushes
Lee-Nelson-Bailey will cycle the puck and slow the game down, wearing out oppositions D.

I'd like a more complete guy than Eberle for the top line, especially some muscle to protect Barzal but we don't have anyone who fits the bill.

Also I thought the line of MDC-Brassard-Bellows actually looked like there could be something there.

We need changes and we need them now, this is the home stretch and they look dead in the water.

Reactions: Finnislander

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018

I am for switching Lee and Beau....

Anders is 1 for his last 30 and that one came on an empty-netter:thumbd:

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
Waive Kuhnhackl and call up Ho-Sang. Nothing to lose. We need the offense. Maybe he helps spark something or maybe he doesn’t. Might as well give him a shot and see if he can help this team. If he doesn’t, let him walk in the summer if you don’t want to qualify him.

Also, Martin just isn’t as effective without Cizikas and/or Clutterbuck. He’s barely effective with them.

no need for both Johnston and Martin to ever be in the line up the same game.

Ho-Sang has only played 11 games, is he still hurt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad