Post-Game Talk: #57| New York Islanders @ Vegas Golden Knights | February 15th | 10:30 PM | F/L 1-0

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
Unfortunately, putting in Johnston and Kuhnackle is not the way to alleviate the Islanders scoring woes!! Hard to believe. I expect the Isles will be making some moves (trades) during the next week so pay attention Isles friends!

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
There's such thing as being too defensive....I think we were just that last night...That goal was from an error and right place at the right time. You can't avoid those goals..they happen. We could have played anoth 10 periods with no goals..exciting game for no goals though.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Dobson was not good last night. I am all for giving Aho a well deserved shot.
I’m expecting Dobson is going to be sent down after the road trip. I would love to see Wahlstrom or Ho-Sang called up to rattle the lineup. We’ll see what happens.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That must be it. 6D is the reason we can't score.
If you spend major stretches of the game pinned in your own end 6D is part of the problem. So is everyone else.

You’ll never score if you can’t get out of you own end.

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
I’m expecting Dobson is going to be sent down after the road trip. I would love to see Wahlstrom or Ho-Sang called up to rattle the lineup. We’ll see what happens.

Dobson can't be sent to the AHL and sending him to the Q doesn't seem likely!

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
If you spend major stretches of the game pinned in your own end 6D is part of the problem. So is everyone else.

You’ll never score if you can’t get out of you own end.
Dobson played all of 10 even strength minutes last night. It's not just his fault they couldn't get out of their end.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Dobson can't be sent to the AHL and sending him to the Q doesn't seem likely!
I thought he could go back to the Q, but his junior team Acadie-Bathurst isn’t a playoff team this year. So Dobson is on his way to becoming one of the Black Aces.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Dobson played all of 10 even strength minutes last night. It's not just his fault they couldn't get out of their end.
And I said, it was everyone else’s problem too. But Dobson is one of the issues lately and Trotz isn’t going to bench Nick Leddy so here we are.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
And I said, it was everyone else’s problem too. But Dobson is one of the issues lately and Trotz isn’t going to bench Nick Leddy so here we are.
And my point is replacing the 6D isn't going to magically fix the lack of scoring.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
And my point is replacing the 6D isn't going to magically fix the lack of scoring.
Fixing anything that has to do with defense can help with scoring. Last 2 games we’re being outchanced. That has everything to do with getting pinned in your own end.

No, replacing Dobson in the lineup won’t make Anders Lee bury the rock, but if it helps us spend more time out of our D zone it can lead to more scoring chances.

This is a change that’s available to Trotz today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->