GDT: #57 - 02/20/15 | New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres | 7:00 - MSG (READ POST #132)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #57 - 02/20/2015

vs
NYR: 34-16-6__________BUF: 17-37-4

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | 1ST NIAGARA CENTER - BUFFALO, NY TV | MSG, MSG-B

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; BUF@NYR 1/3/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - SABRES.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE:

februaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Any time you score four goals, you want to win the game.
Four goals should be enough most nights and that’s on me. Right now we need every point we can get.
- Cam Talbot

I thought we had a good first period. We took the lead, kept their chances down in the first.
Then they kind of played the way we want to play against teams there in the second. They really clogged up the neutral zone.
We did a bad job of getting through there and didn’t spend nearly enough time in the offensive zone, got caught on some long changes and they really made us pay there.
They definitely gained some momentum for themselves. It’s tough because we had a hold of the game there and couldn’t find a way to finish it off.
- Ryan McDonagh

Their top line had a real good night as far as puck possession and opportunities. their other line, Hansen’s had a good night also.
They forced us into a couple of mistakes they were able to capitalize on. We got caught with that very long shift at the end of the end of the third and they made us pay.
Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. They were short a couple of players, especially on the back end. A few of their players raised their level.
We had a lot of guys that played all right, but not good enough to win.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="BUFFALO SABRES"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 58 | GF | 108
W | 17 | GA | 197
L | 37 | GF/G | 1.74
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 3.36
Pts | 38 | PIM/G | 11.4
HOME | 11-17-2 | PP% | 11.8
AWAY | 6-20-2 | PK% | 73.8
L10 | 3-6-1 | FO% | 45.5
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 7-2

Division | 8th
Conference | 16th
League | 30th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Ennis, Girgensons | 14 Assists | Tyler Ennis | 18 Points | Tyler Ennis | 32 + / - | Zach Bogosian | +1 Shots | Tyler Ennis | 135 Hits | Nicolas Deslauriers | 188 Blocks | Josh Gorges | 148 PIM | Nicolas Deslauriers | 64 FO% | Torrey Mitchell | 46.8 TOI/G F: | Zemgus Girgensons | 19:18 TOI/G D: | Zach Bogosian | 28:48

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Stewart | Zemgus Girgensons | Tyler Ennis
Matt Moulson (A) | Torrey Mitchell | Brian Gionta (C)
Marcus Foligno | Brian Flynn | Nicolas Deslauriers
Johan Larsson | Matt Ellis | Cody Hodgson

LD | RD
Andre Benoit | Zach Bogosian
Nikita Zadorov | Rasmus Ristolainen
Mike Weber (A) | Andrej Meszaros

Scratched
Tyson Strachan|

STARTING GOALIE:

Neuvirth-Michal.png

Michal Neuvirth

GPI: 22 | W: 4 | L: 15 | OT: 2 | PIM: 0
SV% .913 | GAA: 3.09 | SA: 736 | GA: 64 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Josh Gorges | Lower body (DTD)
Patrick Kaleta | Lower body (IR)
Cody McCormick | Blood clot (IR)
Evander Kane | Shoulder (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 56 | GF | 178
W | 34 | GA | 141
L | 16 | GF/G | 3.14
OTL | 6 | GA/G | 2.43
Pts | 74 | PIM/G | 9.0
HOME | 17-7-5 | PP% | 19.4
AWAY | 17-9-1 | PK% | 82.4
L10 | 7-1-2 | FO% | 46.5
STREAK | OT1 | S/O | 2-5

Division | 2nd
Conference | 4th
League | 8th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 36 Assists | Derick Brassard | 32 Points | Rick Nash | 56 + / - | Rick Nash | +23 Shots | Rick Nash | 214 Hits | Dan Girardi | 152 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 116 PIM | Chris Kreider | 84 FO% | Dominic Moore | 54.5 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:12 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 23:11

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | J.T. Miller
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Kevin Klein
Matt Hunwick | Dan Boyle

Scratched
John Moore|

STARTING GOALIE:

8477084.jpg

MacKenzie Skapski

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SA: 0 | GA: 0 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Jesper Fast | Knee (IR)
Henrik Lundqvist | Upper body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'd give Skapski a go here. Talbot could use a rest, would rather have him fresh against CBJ - that game will be an absolute war.

The Rangers, as composed, should be able to handle the Sabres even with Skapski between the pipes.

2 points here. This is one of our 'games in hand'.

LGR

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Wait what? Evander Kane got traded.
He did ? (he is listed as injured). Can find nothing on nhl.com about a trade (then again, i guess that would be the domain of the twitterverse).

And yes, please put Carrot Top in for this one :D

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Still no one can explain to me why Rangers all of a sudden are able to score so many goals per game. IMO, they do it in the expanse of the defense. Enough said.

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
Go with the rookie. Give him a shot. Best time to do it in a back-to-back situation against a weaker team. Let Talbot get some rest.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Are people really not aware that Kane got traded to Buffalo?

I thought it was sarcasm tbh. Yes that happened on the 11th. It was all very strange with Kane showing up in a track suit to practice, byfuglien throwing it in the shower, giving him the finger etc. Kane is not known as one of character guys in the NHL.

0.jpg

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personally I'd go with Talbot. Skapski is a kid--hasn't played in a while and if he has a hard time tonight it might **** whatever confidence he's had playing in Hartford this year.

We need the two points anyway and the best way to get them is to play your best lineup--including your best available goalie. Rangers need to tighten the defense up a bit and take the Sabres seriously. Talbot gives us our best chance of winning this one.

To me Skapski gets in the lineup in a relief situation before he gets any starts. A little too young and a little too inexperienced to be starting NHL games.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Personally I'd go with Talbot. Skapski is a kid--hasn't played in a while and if he has a hard time tonight it might **** whatever confidence he's had playing in Hartford this year.

We need the two points anyway and the best way to get them is to play your best lineup--including your best available goalie. Rangers need to tighten the defense up a bit and take the Sabres seriously. Talbot gives us our best chance of winning this one.

To me Skapski gets in the lineup in a relief situation before he gets any starts. A little too young and a little too inexperienced to be starting NHL games.

I agree, good points. Plus Talbot will have plenty of time to rest when Hank comes back. Talbot didn't play much the whole season so he should have plenty of energy.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York

Go with Skapski. Talbot has been rocked in nearly every start. Rangers defense has been fine, it's just usually Henrik makes the big saves and doesnt kick his rebounds right to the slot for easy rebounds.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I want to see Skaps too. It's not like we'll miss the POs because of this. And as long as we don't play the Isle in the first round, I'll be damn pumped.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
I think the rangers have been playing from behind quite a bit lately. Naturally this would have an impact on style of play. There was a hint of desperation in vc's game last night and we just didn't match it. To my eye we sweep that team in four if it were playoffs so you tip your hat, say a prayer you see them in finals and focus on buff.

I would like to see lindberg or someone deserving in Hartford get a shot on the fourth line tonight. It is the perfect time to try and catch a little lightening in a bottle.

To my eye stepan is not 100%. His man was out working him. I know his vision and passing are good but he isn't all the way back.

I would start talbot with short leash. Put the kid in after first goal against alleviating the pressure of making his first start.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sabres are a historically bad team. They're on pace to well shatter the record for worst goal differential post-2005 lockout.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I'd like to see a hatty from Nash tonight to catapult him back into the scoring lead.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Talbot still gives us the best chance to win but I wonder if not being used to playing so many games in a row is hurting him?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I think the rangers have been playing from behind quite a bit lately. Naturally this would have an impact on style of play. There was a hint of desperation in vc's game last night and we just didn't match it. To my eye we sweep that team in four if it were playoffs so you tip your hat, say a prayer you see them in finals and focus on buff.

If you think we sweep the Fishsticks you're mad dude. It'll be close 6 or 7 games.

I would start talbot with short leash. Put the kid in after first goal against alleviating the pressure of making his first start.

After one GA? Way to kill Cams self-confidence.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Perhaps those who playin net will back me, 2nd game of a back to back after a high number of goals scored? Play the same guy, his mind is still in game mode and he has something to prove to himself.

Cam please.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Play Talbot, he needs to regain some confidence, what better team to do it against than Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad