GDT: #57 - 02/14/20 | Rangers @ Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Friday night hockey - few more drinks than the weekdays for everybody!!!!

Let’s Go Rangers!!!!!!

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Georgiev in net again says alot about their confidence in Lundqvist at this point.
I think its more about building Geos trade value at this point.Lets face it,it will be near impossible to move Hank and they know it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Not sure Quinn has anything to do with it. This could be coming from Gorton. I know it's not the easy move but Hank leaving really is the right move for this team moving forward.
I disagree about this but I also don’t think Georgiev is as good as many people do. Trade him and get assets for him and run with Igor as starter. That way you get assets, have a stud starter and don’t need to trade or buyout your franchise icon who doubled down and tripled down (etc) committed to the team. It’s bullshit imo. Georgiev is a good backup possible fringe starter at his ceiling. Do we need that with Igor? I don’t think so. And he really hasn’t been that good most of this season he just gets a bump in perception bc he’s young.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I think its more about building Geos trade value at this point.Lets face it,it will be near impossible to move Hank and they know it.

Idk about you but I see a perfect landing spot for Lundqvist in Washington as a 1b mentor to Samsonov once Holtby leaves as a UFA.

The Sharks also needs a goalie, it would be hard to feel pity for Hank getting a year long vacation in SJ of all places.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I disagree about this but I also don’t think Georgiev is as good as many people do. Trade him and get assets for him and run with Igor as starter. That way you get assets, have a stud starter and don’t need to trade or buyout your franchise icon who doubled down and tripled down (etc) committed to the team. It’s bull**** imo. Georgiev is a good backup possible fringe starter at his ceiling. Do we need that with Igor? I don’t think so. And he really hasn’t been that good most of this season he just gets a bump in perception bc he’s young.

Don't wanna hijack the GDT so I'll leave it at this. That's exactly what you want behind Igor. I see more upside with him but if that's what he tops out at, it's the ideal guy to have behind an elite goalie. Paying a franchise idol 8.5 mil to be an elite goalie's backup is exactly what you don't want.

Reactions: AJL79 and Off Sides

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

If you're trying to boost Georgiev's stats, playing him back to back on the road behind a depleted defense is probably not the best way to do that. I think there is something else going on here, whether it's lack of confidence in Hank or trying to encourage him out the door.

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Not sure why we're calling Joey up to not play him when there's a Pack game tonight. I'd have Keane in regardless of the situation on D and scratch Smith. Everyone else can shuffle if needed.

Reactions: Krams

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Don't wanna hijack the GDT so I'll leave it at this. That's exactly what you want behind Igor. I see more upside with him but if that's what he tops out at, it's the ideal guy to have behind an elite goalie. Paying a franchise idol 8.5 mil to be an elite goalie's backup is exactly what you don't want.

Plus Georgiev's value might be at its lowest right now. We dont even know what he is, a year from now his value could be a 10X what it is now. To me taking that chance is worth more than whatever 2nd round pick we'd get at this deadline. That's the last thing we need more of.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Lundqvist is still better than Georgiev. Dumb decision tonight. Hope Georgiev picks it up, been pretty meh outside of those Islanders games.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Yep, the theory is becoming reality. Stupid move on Lundqvist part to not accept a trade at this point, he is leaving at least 20-30 more wins on the table to seal his HOF bid. In the right situation he could retire with the 3rd most wins in NHL history.

He's a HOF lock, even if he never plays another minute.

Reactions: DrewN

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Plus Georgiev's value might be at its lowest right now. We dont even know what he is, a year from now his value could be a 10X what it is now. To me taking that chance is worth more than whatever 2nd round pick we'd get at this deadline. That's the last thing we need more of.

I agree, and he's still younger than Igor. There's plenty of time for him to improve still.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If you're trying to boost Georgiev's stats, playing him back to back on the road behind a depleted defense is probably not the best way to do that. I think there is something else going on here, whether it's lack of confidence in Hank or trying to encourage him out the door.
Or he has a 40 save winning effort behind said depleted defense.it can work both ways.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Just seems wrong playing Georgiev in both games. We know goalies typically don't perform well on the 2nd end of a back to back, no matter who it is.

Definitely understand Hank was not good vs Dallas, but this is the opportunity to get him in a game, starting.

Really seems like there is something we do not know going on. He's never going to say anything about it, just not his style. It could be that he knows that they know what he can give and playing Georgiev let's them find out what they have and to showcase him.

It just doesn't feel like that. Feels more like he's getting the nudge to waive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad