GDT: #57 - 02/14/20 | Rangers @ Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Georgiev in net again says alot about their confidence in Lundqvist at this point.

Reactions: bl02

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Why is Georgiev starting back to back? He wasn’t even good last night.

Im starting to believe the theory that they’re trying to force Hank out.
Maybe there seeing a huge decline in hank? Maybe its apparent in scrimmages ? I dunno, I’d hope they wouldn’t force him out like this. But I guess what can you do?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Why is Georgiev starting back to back? He wasn’t even good last night.

Im starting to believe the theory that they’re trying to force Hank out.

Yep, the theory is becoming reality. Stupid move on Lundqvist part to not accept a trade at this point, he is leaving at least 20-30 more wins on the table to seal his HOF bid. In the right situation he could retire with the 3rd most wins in NHL history.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Maybe one of the best writers could ask Quinn why he started Georgiev in both games? That would require them doing their jobs though so I won’t count on it.

Three goalies on the roster you’d think one of them being hurt and a back to back set would give you a chance to play the other two. I guess I’d understand Georgiev playing back to back if he was stellar last night. But he wasn’t. He looked shaky for most of the game.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This one has to cut hank deep. Second half of the back to back with Shesterkin still hurt and he doesn’t get the start? There’s no way he’s coming back next year. Feels like this is coming to a head

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Wow, I was very much expecting Hank to get the start.

If this isn't a showcase, which I expect it's not, then there's a definite intent to going with Geo. Something behind the scenes with Hank, or they are genuinely trying to force his hand into accepting a trade or retiring.

Either way, it's an ugly look.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
This one has to cut hank deep. Second half of the back to back with Shesterkin still hurt and he doesn’t get the start? There’s no way he’s coming back next year. Feels like this is coming to a head
I mentioned in another thread. I met him yesterday before the MIN game and he looked shattered emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad