GDT: #57 ⋅ ANA @ LAK ⋅ 7:30 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Great effort. Fowler and Gibson had much better games. McT was flying and that line was good again. 44 looked good and energized. Minty good again. All around, dudes played hard.

Just can't give up that many shots.

I think lybushkin served his purpose but now he’s holding Mintyukov back. Overall team played solid… still giving up too many shots but I’ll take the overall effort

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I thought Killer had a really good game. He's been good since like December. I think a big factor to his slow start is how long he was in TB. Dude really had to learn a while new culture and role, had to adjust his game and expectations, is playing with a much younger group. It's not like a veteran going Cup hunting like Perry who is going into really good clubs for the most part and just has to kind of fit in and roll. He finally is starting to look comfortable

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I enjoyed that game more than I've enjoyed any Ducks game in the last couple months. I know they gave up a ton of shots, but a lot of them were from outside.

If the Ducks are going to lose, this is the type of losing I'm ok with. On the road, against a tough team, where the only thing separating them from a victory is just the kids being like 5% better. If Carlsson or McTavish bury on of their many chances, they win this game. And they played tough.

Also, I would like Lundestrom to grow a pair of hands at some point. But I'm losing hope that it will happen.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Why would you give Killorn the last penalty, when you have proven snipers like Terry, Silfverberg, or Vatrano available?
This is one of those things where we have no choice but to trust coaches. They practice this stuff a decent amount and my guess is that Killorn does really well in practice. And, aside from facing different goalies, shootouts in practice are almost exactly like shootouts in games. Killorn isn't a usually a sniper in game situations, but he might be the best option for shootouts and we have only a small public sample to judge him by.

Of course, Darryl Sutter chose Nick Ritchie for a shootout, so...

Reactions: Kalv and Rybread86

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
- Amazing game by Gibson.
- Fire whomever decided to put Killorn in the shootout.
- Corrupt and/or incompetent officiating.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Why would you give Killorn the last penalty, when you have proven snipers like Terry, Silfverberg, or Vatrano available?

This is one of those things where we have no choice but to trust coaches. They practice this stuff a decent amount and my guess is that Killorn does really well in practice. And, aside from facing different goalies, shootouts in practice are almost exactly like shootouts in games. Killorn isn't a usually a sniper in game situations, but he might be the best option for shootouts and we have only a small public sample to judge him by.

Of course, Darryl Sutter chose Nick Ritchie for a shootout, so...

Agreed with JAHV. We don't know the reason why, but you would hope/expect that the choice was made off data they have that we don't. Or, possibly, it was a reward for a good game.

There is so much we will never know in so many different facets of the game, we have to assume the coaches have a method and reason for their decisions to a certain standpoint.

*this does not include any decisions made by Newell Brown, as he is a moron and needs to be fired

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It’s time to upgrade mintyukovs partner.

I’d love for us to go hard on Roy in the offseason… don’t think the kings can keep him(specially with their rhd coming up)…. He’d be a solid fit for Mintyukov or fowler
This has been my hot take for a while. One way or another a physical rhd that can play top pairings minutes will be signed/traded for this summer

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Kings are such a fraud team lol
ending their rebuild prematurely to satisfy kopitar/doughty was stupid, but then going out and making the PLD trade was even dumber. they would've been a lot better off keeping those pieces they traded. they're incredibly lucky that their core from a decade+ ago is still playing at a high enough level to keep them a playoff team

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
ending their rebuild prematurely to satisfy kopitar/doughty was stupid, but then going out and making the PLD trade was even dumber. they would've been a lot better off keeping those pieces they traded. they're incredibly lucky that their core from a decade+ ago is still playing at a high enough level to keep them a playoff team
Their core will take a major drop off starting next season is my guess.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad