GDT: #57 – Sabres at Senators – Tue Feb 14, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Bailey has great speed and parks himself in front of the net to score dirty goals. He can stay there to with his size. Count me a fan.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I think Jack's going to have a career like Perrault's, Perrault was never the top center in the NHL but for a good number of years the most exciting. They both play/ed and skate/d in such unique styles, McDavid and Eichel both share similarities to Perrault, McDavid more so.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I think Jack's going to have a career like Perrault's, Perrault was never the top center in the NHL but for a good number of years the most exciting. They both play/ed and skate/d in such unique styles, McDavid and Eichel both share similarities to Perrault, McDavid more so.

Just one difference... Jack wins a Cup!

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Nope. Our style may somehow work into your team's weaknesses, but Ottawa is most definitely a better-structured team that is more consistent, believe me. The standings are correct.

What do you mean, all teams play the same system with slight variations.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Congrats guys. You are better than us.

The Sabres have Lehner.

Robin averaging 40 shots is nothing comparing to his psycho dad shooting thousands of hard shots from the shooting machine in the garden with the neighbors calling child security. ;-)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't think this paints an accurate picture. Outside of that breakdown at the end of the 2nd and good ol' score effects at the end, this was a pretty even game.

45bc0597bb8b04af17e2094397378599.png

They started outplaying/outpossessing us after THEY took the lead not us.

As an aside, the score effects argument from some during the season has always been a bit of a cop out to explain us getting buried with the lead. We are the worst possession team in the NHL when leading. With a SAT% (NHL.com's version of CF%) of 39.52%. http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?aggre...r=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=shotAttemptsPctgAhead So when posters say it feels like we do worse than any other team possession wise with a lead. Their feelings are correct.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
They started outplaying/outpossessing us after THEY took the lead not us.

As an aside, the score effects argument from some during the season has always been a bit of a cop out to explain us getting buried with the lead. We are the worst possession team in the NHL when leading. With a SAT% (NHL.com's version of CF%) of 39.52%. http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?aggre...r=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=shotAttemptsPctgAhead So when posters say it feels like we do worse than any other team possession wise with a lead. Their feelings are correct.

Yes, that was the horror ending to the 2nd.

I do agree that we're too passive when holding the lead.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It's a rare quality. You remember how fans would get up out of their seats when Perreault would begin his wind up in his own zone. I'm sitting on the couch at home now :laugh: but Eichel gives me that same feeling when he's on his game....

The difference right now is that Burt was almost ALWAYS on his game! But Jack is young and he will get more consistent as he matures

Younger Sabre fans need to realize Perreault, and all players back then were drafted later, before Ken Linesman challenged of the NHL/CBA.

Age-wise, this season is the equivalent of Perreault's rookie year for Eichel.

From very early watching him, Eichel's carries up the ice with the puck reminded me of Perreault - the wide leg stance, very errect head and torso, wide elbows, and powerful acceleration in just a couple strides.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Younger Sabre fans need to realize Perreault, and all players back then were drafted later, before Ken Linesman challenged of the NHL/CBA.

From very early watching him, Eichel's carries up the ice with the puck reminded me of Perreault - the wide leg stance, very errect head and torso, wide elbows, and powerful acceleration in just a couple strides.

I love the Legends of Hockey episode for Perreault. Watching that more and more, I just see a more modern version of Perreault each time. They are eerily similar

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

Jack's not far off Perrault's 20 yo rookie season - Perrault was .92 PPG
and Jack this year is .83 PPG - factor in Jack coming off an injury and there were more goals scored per game in 70/71 than this season 6.24 vs 5.57 they aren't far apart. Perrault though was playing on an expansion team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad