#56 KINGS lose to PENGUINS 4-1 in Regulation

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It all fell apart when we traded Westgarth.

Nope.

image_drewiske.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Remember when we could have had LW Jokinen for free? Then for half price?

Not that he's our saviour, but gawd.

I bet if the Kings did get him he'd be wasting away doing nothing. Just as I'd expect the same if they had Kunitz. Those guys tend to use the middle of the ice, whereas the Kings' game is glued to the boards.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings have have scored 3 goals in 5 games and we are talking about Dan Carcillo?

The guy was in the pressbox eating popcorn last spring when Chicago won.

That should be emblematic of how bad this stretch is, no?

KingKopitar11*

This guy thinks the problem is the defense. He says the kings need another Robyn Regehr :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not gonna lie, part of me misses the self-deprecating humor of the pre-playoffs Kings. Looks like we're starting to recapture that version of ourselves :laugh:

Expectations suck. But I cant be crazy in thinking this roster is too talented to look this horrible.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Not gonna lie, part of me misses the self-deprecating humor of the pre-playoffs Kings. Looks like we're starting to recapture that version of ourselves :laugh:

Expectations suck. But I cant be crazy in thinking this roster is too talented to look this horrible.

Hey, if you can't take a dump on our own chest, WHOSE chest CAN you take a dump on... :)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Anyone thinking that Dean is just sitting back smoking a cigar and saying "2012, *****es" right now is out of their gourd.

Well when people say stuff like..

"Brown and Richards are going nowhere" or "This core has proven they can win" it sure seems like fans are looking more backwards to 2012 than forward, especially with their contracts.

I don't know what to think with Lombardi, sometimes I feel like he would trade his mother to win, other times I feel like he is way to loyal to players and coaches.

Remember, this is the guy who told the media he didn't want to trade Ryan Smyth after the 2011 season, I mean come on, anyone who saw Smyth play knew he was washed up. And had Smyth wanted to stay and Dean didn't buy him out the Kings don't win a championship in 2012 because they were to cap crunched.

It hurts me as a fan to go to capgeek and see the 2020 and 2022 numbers next to Richards and Brown's contracts, I can only imagine how the guy who has to maintain and grow the team must feel. That is why I am optimistic Dean can find a way to get rid of atleast one of them.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's a little annoying that opposing teams seem to find a little extra motivation for the Kings but that it doesn't work in reverse. Judging by the postgame quotes of every game since 2012, I mean.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Remember when we could have had LW Jokinen for free? Then for half price?

Not that he's our saviour, but gawd.

I petitioned for him back then. But he probably would be garbage here.

Anyone thinking that Dean is just sitting back smoking a cigar and saying "2012, *****es" right now is out of their gourd.

Many people do. Say what you want about players and even the coaches, but Dean is one HELL of a GM.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wow, I thought for sure Lang was one. Totally forgot Stratka was even a King. He must have been a trade deadline acquisitions or something. I don't recall watching him very much.

How could you forget the little engine that could? Loved Marty Straka!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Kings and Pens always had many players that played for both teams.

Robitaille, Coffey, Sandstrom, Lang, Stevens, Tocchet, Straka, Murray. And ofcourse Jim Paek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad