GDT: #56 – Canucks at Sabres – Sun Feb 12, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't even blame Bylsma for this one.

Dumb penalties and poor individual performances are the culprit today.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Maybe Risto and ROR haven't dominated a game in ages because they're out of gas?

Should definitely ride Falk, Fedun, Gorges and Kulikov harder like you know, no other coaches in the NHL would do.

If you're blaming on coach on this loss, I'm not even going to continue this discussion because you'd have to be so ****ing agenda driven.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
this team is frail.. that Burrows "incident" pretty much turned the momentum and won them the game.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
If Nielson starts, it's a different game. Burrows knew how to get to Lehner. Surprised we haven't seen more of that this year. Oh well, always next year.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Should definitely ride Falk, Fedun, Gorges and Kulikov harder like you know, no other coaches in the NHL would do.

If you're blaming on coach on this loss, I'm not even going to continue this discussion because you'd have to be so ****ing agenda driven.

Because making your best players shells of themselves is a winning strategy. NHL coaches do stupid things all the time.

I'm not blaming Bylsma for the loss, I'm blaming everyone for it. Except ERod, he gets a pass.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
If Nielson starts, it's a different game. Burrows knew how to get to Lehner. Surprised we haven't seen more of that this year. Oh well, always next year.

^^ this, if i'm an opposing team I'm just going to skate close by/brush lehner.. get in his face and throw the team off their game.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
This team got frustrated and committed way too many penalties.

Some how I have allowed myself to think they had a shot. Win and out by 3? Horrible loss. It's happened probably 5-6 games this year and they lost them all. Just an all around horrible effort.

Calling ROR...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Canucks. Devils. Bruins. Hurricanes.

Teams the Sabres have been swept by. Earned 2 of a possible 24 points versus those powerhouses. Obviously, those teams earned 24 of a possible 24 points against us.

You go 3-7-2 against that group and you're sitting in a playoff spot right now. Pathetic.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

It's fairly obviously the point was the grind those two have had ALL season. No matter who is dressed that is the case.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It's fairly obviously the point was the grind those two have had ALL season. No matter who is dressed that is the case.

Thanks captain obvious. I know that they play a lot, everyone knows they play a lot. Back to my original point, this game was not lost because ROR and Risto are playing to much or because Bylsma. They lost because they simply did not show up and execute, they thought they could just show up and beat the Canucks. These are professional athletes, they need to be ready every game.

Last edited:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Teams the Sabres have been swept by. Earned 2 of a possible 24 points versus those powerhouses. Obviously, those teams earned 24 of a possible 24 points against us.

Yep. There's obviously always more than one cause for failure, but you can definitely point to just **** effort as a reason this team isn't in playoff contention. They don't ****ing care when easy points are on the table. They'll show up when they kinda feel like it. Maybe if it was a 40 game season, we'd be fighting for the division.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Just when this team makes you think the playoffs are a slim possibility, they go and crap the bed against a bad team. Frustrating.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

You go 3-7-2 against that group and you're sitting in a playoff spot right now. Pathetic.
My favorite thing all season has been watching Buffalo lose to other bad teams only for those said teams to turn around and get picked apart by teams like the Leafs and Hurricanes just a few nights later. This is just a very bad roster with a very bad coach.

I know some find the thought of a potential playoff push exciting but it's manufactured by the league. Teams like Buffalo should have been eliminated from any hopes of making the playoffs weeks ago. And yet we're going to likely be going through this until mid March.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
this team is frail.. that Burrows "incident" pretty much turned the momentum and won them the game.

No, it didn't, and 29 of the other 29 teams in this league would have the same response.

Shoddy play by our best players, poor ability to adapt to the poor ice conditions on your home ice, poor lazy penalties, and Vancouver being able to read what our guys were going to do before they did anything, turned the momentum and won Vancouver the game.

This team played horrible and didn't deserve a point, and didn't get one rightfully so.

Eichel went from his best pro game to quite possibly his worst pro game.

I personally would've liked to see Nilsson play this game, but change in goaltender would've done nothing for what was really the problem of this team. There was nobody who played well.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
No, it didn't, and 29 of the other 29 teams in this league would have the same response.

Shoddy play by our best players, poor ability to adapt to the poor ice conditions on your home ice, poor lazy penalties, and Vancouver being able to read what our guys were going to do before they did anything, turned the momentum and won Vancouver the game.

This team played horrible and didn't deserve a point, and didn't get one rightfully so.

Eichel went from his best pro game to quite possibly his worst pro game.

I personally would've liked to see Nilsson play this game, but change in goaltender would've done nothing for what was really the problem of this team. There was nobody who played well.

It wasn't about goaltending, it was about losing your cool and creating a bad situation out of what should have been a great one. Goodness, did you see the incident?

It literally set the tone for the entire game.

Does Niilson react that way? I have no idea. All I know is that Lehner did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad