GDT: #56 – Canucks at Sabres – Sun Feb 12, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Would be nice to see a bit more consistency from Jack, at least in hustling and using his ridiculous stride, speed, size, and reach to make things challenging for the other team when they've got the puck if the offense isn't there. Granted, playing 5 in 7 nights is challenging (and quite frankly awful scheduling), and you can't expect a guy to go 100% all out every game, but he doesn't always seem mentally locked in to me.

He's been pretty consistent. He's been consistently a little worse than yesterday's game(but still good) but way better than today's game. I'm not too worried about his consistency. Consistently he's been one of our better players, tonight not so much. He's 20 years old, it will happen.

Much like I expected, people over-reacting over one bad game.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
He loses his cool, and instead of a power play and potentially a 2 nothing lead the game is tied.

Consequently Burrows is in everyone's head the entire game.

What narrative?

Just the facts

Then apparently Lehner calls out the entire team after the game. Look in the darn mirror! I will say, to Lehner's credit though, that he has been much better this year with his temperament. He picked a bad time to regress however. Oh well, next year

This is a difficult one, you are both right and wrong at the same time. Lehner saw red when getting poked by Burrows and his brain stopped functioning, not even sure he realized it was a penalty, he wanted to give back, you are right in that. ;-)

We enjoy being entertained and Lehner is the second coming of Hextall. ;-) It's difficult not to like a player with tons of heart and emotion.

Falk made the situation confusing though. Lehner was taking care of business on his own and then Falk went crazy? ;-)

In general I feel that Lehner has been focused and stable though for the Sabres. Usually Lehner is playing better when a bit upset, perhaps not this time though.

Not easy keeping the calm when getting poked like that but of course it should have been smart.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad