#55 KINGS lose @ COYOTES, currently down 3-0

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I agree...but I'm disappointed in Lombardi too. It's his job to see these issues in advance (to have a crystal ball of sorts). You can never stand still with a team, no matter how much success they've had. Players and coaches are always saying, even after good games, it wasn't perfect, there are always things we have to clean up and work on, keep bad habits for forming, etc.

Well personnel is the same way. Detroit was always tinkering, Chicago was forced to tinker (cap issues) but it worked, They even brought back Versteeg, Boston tinkered (Seguin deal). You never have enough depth, you never have a perfect team and when the guys you've counted on for offense, especially the one's you're paying large percentages of your cap space to, leaving you with very little space, aren't asserting themselves, you find yourself desperate at the time everyone's looking to deal.

Dean's not going to be dealing from a position of strength like Bowman was when he dealt for Versteeg. He's going to be in arguably the worst position of ANY current GM. His team can't score, he's in a win now mode, he has little or no cap space and many of his top $ players are not producing. He's lucky he doesn't have too many injuries right now, or he'd really be in a bind.

Lombardi made bets with himself that didn't pan out.

Frattin providing secondary scoring, is the big bet Lombardi lost.

How would the kings record look if Frattin had say 8-10 goals ?

Lets say what if Frattin had a stat line like this 10G 15A 25P in 55G......

I bet that would count for a few more wins...

Matt Frattin was all Lombardi did basically to help with secondary scoring, and it's been a massive flop.

Brown having a career worse year , has just added to the fact Frattin hasn't provided any offense form either side LW/RW.

Had Frattin put up 10G 15A 25P or something like that, Brown's year might not sting so much.

Lombardi screwed himself with secondary scoring, and left himself with little to no options if ANY of his top Six or Offensive Defense men had an off year.

The Kings have both happening Slava/Brown, having career worse years..

Last edited:

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
All four of Brown's kids are under 5.

No wonder he's having a bad season. Kids are a damn handful.

They are, no doubt...but they don't travel with him, so half the time he gets a break from them and can sleep like a normal human being. And I'm thinking he's not the only professional athlete with that many kids..maybe their result suffer somewhat from it, but I doubt they suffer like his results have. I'm just sayin'. Maybe in a few years when they're all in first grade or higher, he'll be a better hockey player. We have that to look forward to. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad