Post-Game Talk: #55 | Flyers at Maple Leafs | February 15, 2024 | Loss 3-4 (OT) | York and Couturier injury updates (Friday)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
75a8f4a1b70642520cd5f3d5fa22ee27.gif

Last edited:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Good comeback and point. Not Erssons best game...need big saves to win a game like this.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Didn't like their chances 3-on-3 against a team like Toronto but I did like the defensive choice to have two players go after the puck carrier to leave Nylander wide open.
How do you justify startin Laughton on OT? Losing the fac-off set the table....

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Gutsy comeback at least. Matthews having one of the more dominant goal scoring seasons in recent history; he’s made many goaltenders look poor this season

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
To me, he has pretty limited offensive weaponry. His skating is his best attribute by a large margin.

He showed some seriously crisp passing early on. I remember some awesome 4v4 and 3v3 shifts; he and Sanheim did dirty things on the cycle together. His game has trended down. The 7D shit is wearing thin too. But it is curious that the more Tortorella hypes him up as a rover, the more passive he's gotten. Maybe he's banged up, who knows?

I do think he looks like the best PP QB of the bunch they have -- certainly, I prefer him to York, who is more limited. But I agree, I don't see high end shake and bake. It's good. His skating is good too, but even then, I don't think it's elite. We get to watch Sanheim be a f***ing monster off the rush every game -- I don't see that. Drysdale's burst is a bit better in the cycle.

I've said that if he's a top 4 guy, that's a win. We just always go through this song and dance (shoutout Ducks fans) where guys have to be 70 point Norris #1s or else.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
He showed some seriously crisp passing early on. I remember some awesome 4v4 and 3v3 shifts; he and Sanheim did dirty things on the cycle together. His game has trended down. The 7D shit is wearing thin too. But it is curious that the more Tortorella hypes him up as a rover, the more passive he's gotten. Maybe he's banged up, who knows?

I do think he looks like the best PP QB of the bunch they have -- certainly, I prefer him to York, who is more limited. But I agree, I don't see high end shake and bake. It's good. His skating is good too, but even then, I don't think it's elite. We get to watch Sanheim be a f***ing monster off the rush every game -- I don't see that. Drysdale's burst is a bit better in the cycle.

I've said that if he's a top 4 guy, that's a win. We just always go through this song and dance (shoutout Ducks fans) where guys have to be 70 point Norris #1s or else.

Charlie has said on the PHLY podcast that it's likely Drysdale is still fighting through the injury that kept him out for a good portion of the season.

I also think Drysdale just looks lost in the d-zone - not necessarily as in "bad", but definitely not on the same page as the rest of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad