Post-Game Talk: #55| FLYERS at Blue Jackets | Fri., Feb. 13, 2015

Jaraco

Mar 13, 2014
California
Never let any Flyer go to the All-Star game ever again. Ever since G and Jake got back from that thing they have not been good, more so Jake. Hopefully Raffl is the spark they need to get going.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Never let any Flyer go to the All-Star game ever again. Ever since G and Jake got back from that thing they have not been good, more so Jake. Hopefully Raffl is the spark they need to get going.

Reminding me of Bobby Abreu after the 2005 Home Run Derby.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I don't know that he's scored on breakaways either. If he has it's on only a handful. It used to be an instant goal for the most part. Now seemingly nobody can do them.

I think most of the guys are gripping their sticks a little bit too tight. In the midst of a season like this, I'm sure that the guys aren't as confident as they could be, and are probably overthinking it.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
how is that funny? you're happy with the coach and the free agent signings and the lineup and their record?

I'd put an cute emoticon in here as a response but I guess I'm too old for that stuff

I'm not sure what you want Hextall to do. He's been put in a terrible spot by the previous GM. He isn't going to make any splashy free agent signings. He correctly has realized that isn't how you build a team. He is looking towards the long run and has correctly deduced that this team isn't close to being a contender. He will sell off what bad contracts he can (Hartnell) and keep building. The coaching situation will most likely be dealt with after the season.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
It's pointless to get angry or upset over this team this year. It's just one of those seasons.
tumblr_inline_n1f48uVOgx1ri7scy.gif

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Missed the game but saw the highlights. The OT goal was something else. Two Blue Jackets in front of the net and no one besides Emery from the Flyers. :help:

Oh well, seemed like a typical Flyers game.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany

Oh really Smartass?!

I know it's a lost season and they hang on to this clown until Hexy finds his own headcoach. That's fine.

But don't call your best players in the media out when you are too dumb to give them proper TOI. Just hold on, 1 more game and you get your toy Zac Rinaldo back. He'll show them all what it means to play hard and with intensity :shakehead.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
But don't call your best players in the media out when you are too dumb to give them proper TOI.
I can't help but wonder if you realize that if he did give them the ice time you consider proper, there is approximately a one hundred percent chance (give or take a few thousandths) you would be screaming that the problem is he's overplaying them when they're quite obviously tired.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Going back to what someone said in the GDT --

Simmonds has improved his skating, I agree.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I can't help but wonder if you realize that if he did give them the ice time you consider proper, there is approximately a one hundred percent chance (give or take a few thousandths) you would be screaming that the problem is he's overplaying them when they're quite obviously tired.

If you believe I'd be mad when they play regularly 20+ minutes because they are the 2 undisputed stars of the team and the guys who, together with Mase, carried the team a couple of months, you don't know me at all.

BTW, they are in their prime years. If the Flyers really want to make the play-offs, they better use their big guns properly. I am sure Giroux and Voracek can handle some more minutes under right circumstances.

For example, Voraceks TOI the last 6 games

Feb 13 '15 PHI @ CBJ 20:00
Feb 10 '15 PHI @ MTL 18:58
Feb 08 '15 PHI @ WSH 15:12
Feb 05 '15 NYI @ PHI 18:50
Jan 31 '15 TOR @ PHI 15:58
Jan 29 '15 WPG @ PHI 15:49

He was recently the leading scorer of the whole league. But it's ok. We need more Vinny. Maybe we can gauge some interest.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Good to see Berube is still questioning the effort level of our best players.

I have no words for the OT goal. Jesus, CC.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I know it's become the go-to that losses are on Berube and his awful line use -- goodness knows I've spent some of my best cynicism on him this season -- but plays like the OT group-fail cannot be simply laid at his feet. That was just inexcusable for a midget squad, and yet such fundamental hockey plays are consistently being messed up by the Flyers. Yes, yes, "aggressive defense" and all that, but hockey isn't football-level Xs and Os; you make smart plays within your zone and play off your linemates to make sure opponents are covered and lanes are blocked.

So we continue down the road to mediocrity this season, in that uncoveted position of being out of both of the important sweepstakes at the same time.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Right now it's 22 degrees outside with a windchill and this team is *******.

Cany wait for June when Im sitting by the pool in the warm sunshine getting updates on who the newest draftee of the Flyers will be.

amen

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The OT goal happened because Craig "Worst coach in Flyers history" Berube had our 8th defensemen on the depth chart on the ice in overtime.

How in the **** do you put a rusty and barely used Colaiacovo on the ice in overtime?!?!

Of course he's going to overplay a shot and leave the front of the net unguarded.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good to see Berube is still questioning the effort level of our best players.

I have no words for the OT goal. Jesus, CC.

I have no problem with calling them out because they have lost a gear since the All-Star break and both respond well when called out.

That said, it isn't effective coming from such a peice of **** coach.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The OT goal happened because Craig "Worst coach in Flyers history" Berube had our 8th defensemen on the depth chart on the ice in overtime.

How in the **** do you put a rusty and barely used Colaiacovo on the ice in overtime?!?!

Of course he's going to overplay a shot and leave the front of the net unguarded.

Well, Colaiacovo should already be playing over Grossmann and MacDonald, so you should really be faulting him for the fact that he is rusty and not used.

Raffl has been the best 1LW we've had this year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well, Colaiacovo should already be playing over Grossmann and MacDonald, so you should really be faulting him for the fact that he is rusty and not used.

That's debateable..it's close but all 3 kind of suck.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good. Simmonds scored one off the rush and Couturier batted a goal in out of mid air. Other goal was Simmonds on the PP.

Simmonds belongs on that line, no doubt. I'd like to see Schenn replace Read, Raffl move to the 1st line, and then Read can play on the 3rd with Laughton and Umberger or something.

No, Read was not good.

He tripped over his ****ing feet and fell face first into the boards causing a goal against. He has become an abomination as a hockey player. Just terrible in all aspects. Doesn't score and drags Couturier down. Coots must feel like he's playing with an anvil around his neck with this bum on his line.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
No, Read was not good.

He tripped over his ****ing feet and fell face first into the boards causing a goal against. He has become an abomination as a hockey player. Just terrible in all aspects. Doesn't score and drags Couturier down. Coots must feel like he's playing with an anvil around his neck with this bum on his line.

Would've been tough to find a bigger Matt Read fan on here than me in the previous two years. The high ankle sprain limited him, but that issue is no longer an excuse. He's been outright brutal outside of a few good shifts against the Habs. Coots just needs to be more decisive when attacking, he's patient to a fault offensively.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, Read was not good.

Read struggled but overall the line did well and scored two 5v5 goals, plus I'm assuming he's mostly interested in how Couturier and Simmonds played together.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Colaiacovo plays like **** and you still want him in the top 6. :shakehead MacDonald is a much better player than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad