Post-Game Talk: #55| FLYERS at Blue Jackets | Fri., Feb. 13, 2015

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Someday the Couturier will have 3 players instead of 2 and an anchor.

I can't decide if the same is true for the Giroux/Voracek duo because they're so damned good anybody they're with will pale.

And Berube needs to retire from coaching and take a job as a cement truck.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That is the exact lineup I want.

Laughton isn't scoring anyways, so let him focus on D and be in a shutdown role.

This would be just one of several proposed lineups through the year that make infinitely more sense than nearly everything Berube has hauled out.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I hate Berube as well, but he's right. Voracek particularly played like dog **** tonight. One of his worst games as a Flyer. Schenn has been horrible for weeks so not much change there.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This would be just one of several proposed lineups through the year that make infinitely more sense than nearly everything Berube has hauled out.

Would give us 25 games to work on chemistry for next year too, but some reason keeping this dip **** as coach is a good idea ?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I hate Berube as well, but he's right. Voracek particularly played like dog **** tonight. One of his worst games as a Flyer. Schenn has been horrible for weeks so not much change there.

Has he ever called out Gross ?

Simmer was a difference maker today and that beauty played Chris Vandevelde more than him , yet first blame is the 2 best players. God forbid they go into a slump and don't single handedly carry the team.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I'm starting to get disgusted with Hextall. Enough already with these god damn tough guys. They all do this "I'm so serious I won't laugh during interviews and give you that stupid, tough guy stare so you can't tell if I have crap for brains or if I'm tough". I think he's falling into that Clarke/Holmgren mindset. That special on the draft the Flyers did when Morin was picked was a perfect case in point. Holmgren asking guys questions and then looking at them like "oh yeah? think ur tough or something?"

I'm tired of this team. It isn't lack of effort - it's lack of ability in 1/3 of their lineup signed by the idiot Holmgren and just god awful coaching. I stopped watching at 3-2. I didn't want to waste my time watching them get outcoached and beaten by a far less talented team. I hope they lose both games to Buffalo. Anything to get this idiot fired. Golly I'm mad and I didn't even watch the last 30 minutes of the game.

FlyerSithLord

Aug 31, 2007
Tinicum
www.delvalparanormal.org
I want Berube gone, but he's not wrong about the Giroux-Voracek line. They were pretty bad tonight and on the ice for the 3rd and 4th goals against.

Also, say what you want about Couturier's linemates and offensive zone starts, but the guy needs to start burying his chances. I know he did score tonight, but he's had 5-6 full or partial breakaways in the last few games and hasn't buried one.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm starting to get disgusted with Hextall. Enough already with these god damn tough guys. They all do this "I'm so serious I won't laugh during interviews and give you that stupid, tough guy stare so you can't tell if I have crap for brains or if I'm tough". I think he's falling into that Clarke/Holmgren mindset. That special on the draft the Flyers did when Morin was picked was a perfect case in point. Holmgren asking guys questions and then looking at them like "oh yeah? think ur tough or something?"

I'm tired of this team. It isn't lack of effort - it's lack of ability in 1/3 of their lineup signed by the idiot Holmgren and just god awful coaching. I stopped watching at 3-2. I didn't want to waste my time watching them get outcoached and beaten by a far less talented team. I hope they lose both games to Buffalo. Anything to get this idiot fired. Golly I'm mad and I didn't even watch the last 30 minutes of the game.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what? :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Ok...so maybe take Schenn off the line again. Don't just keep decreasing one of our best players minutes! What I said in the Art Ross thread:

In his last 12 games, he has played more than 19 minutes 1 time. Meanwhile,

Kane has played over 19 minutes in 8 of his last 12 games.

Voracek also had 2 games under 14 minutes and 8 games under 16 minutes out of the last 12 played.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I want Berube gone, but he's not wrong about the Giroux-Voracek line. They were pretty bad tonight and on the ice for the 3rd and 4th goals against.

Also, say what you want about Couturier's linemates and offensive zone starts, but the guy needs to start burying his chances. I know he did score tonight, but he's had 5-6 full or partial breakaways in the last few games and hasn't buried one.

I'm wondering about this team on breakaways in general. Not just Couturier...all of them. Even Giroux has been lackluster comparatively.

What the hell is Berube telling these guys during their supposed shootout practices, which you would expect to bear fruit in breakaways as well? It's just another aspect of the team that has steadily eroded under Berube.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

What a strange post.

For the record though, I dont think Hextall comes off in any way like Holmgren.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Maybe because the coach Hextall wants for next year is not available yet.

That is completely understandable. If true, get an interim to start putting said new coaches systems or any system Hexy plans on using to work.

Getting a 25 game jump on training camp would be a huge benefit.

Keeping players playing like they did on the gwg does nothing for player development.

FlyerSithLord

Aug 31, 2007
Tinicum
www.delvalparanormal.org
I'm wondering about this team on breakaways in general. Not just Couturier...all of them. Even Giroux has been lackluster comparatively.

What the hell is Berube telling these guys during their supposed shootout practices, which you would expect to bear fruit in breakaways as well? It's just another aspect of the team that has steadily eroded under Berube.

True, I think Giroux is something like 1-8 in the shootout this year. I actually don't remember the last clean breakaway we scored on.

FlyerSithLord

Aug 31, 2007
Tinicum
www.delvalparanormal.org
That is completely understandable. If true, get an interim to start putting said new coaches systems or any system Hexy plans on using to work.

Getting a 25 game jump on training camp would be a huge benefit.

Keeping players playing like they did on the gwg does nothing for player development.

I'm just hoping they don't repeat the same thing they did with Lavy. Fire Berube now, or at the end of the season. But don't waste a training camp and then fire the guy 3-5 games into the next season.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
True, I think Giroux is something like 1-8 in the shootout this year. I actually don't remember the last clean breakaway we scored on.

I don't know that he's scored on breakaways either. If he has it's on only a handful. It used to be an instant goal for the most part. Now seemingly nobody can do them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
how is that funny? you're happy with the coach and the free agent signings and the lineup and their record?

I'd put an cute emoticon in here as a response but I guess I'm too old for that stuff

What's funny is that your entire first paragraph there is unintelligible babble.

I have no clue what you're talking about and it looks like you don't either.

I'm also very, very sorry that the laughing face hurt you, I didn't mean to cause distress.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Maybe Berube has been coaching bad because Hextall told him to tank, so he's been playing the fourth line more and more minutes and playing terrible matchups more and more to try and get this team to lose, but this team just has too much ****ing heart and picks up points anyway?

(not serious)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1