duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Alright, ready for a nap now

ST-BearClipped.jpg

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Really sad/scary thing is that he's our 5th highest point-getter currently.
Strome is absolutely fine as a 3rd line vet presence. He also has around 6 fights since becoming a duck, and each fight as I remember lit a fire under our team. We are losing silf Henrique and probably carrick too. We need some veterans in the lineup. Also isn’t guaranteed that Vatrano resigns after his current deal.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Strome is absolutely fine as a 3rd line vet presence. He also has around 6 fights since becoming a duck, and each fight as I remember lit a fire under our team. We are losing silf Henrique and probably carrick too. We need some veterans in the lineup. Also isn’t guaranteed that Vatrano resigns after his current deal.
Yeah I'm just commenting that we slam Strome (and sometimes rightfully so) but he's still one of our highest scorers. I also do think he's a great locker room presence and it's definitely nice that even as he's not an enforcer he definitely sticks up for his teammates. Agreed we need some vet presence and with other guys potentially on the outs (sad for Uncle Rico), we can't really afford to move a lot of others at this point.

And they need to prepare for the future when the kids need raises, can't just go grabbing a bunch of guys from free agency, and I hope they don't start moving our prospects or any more young kids yet (outside of Groulx).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I'm just commenting that we slam Strome (and sometimes rightfully so) but he's still one of our highest scorers. I also do think he's a great locker room presence and it's definitely nice that even as he's not an enforcer he definitely sticks up for his teammates. Agreed we need some vet presence and with other guys potentially on the outs (sad for Uncle Rico), we can't really afford to move a lot of others at this point.

And they need to prepare for the future when the kids need raises, can't just go grabbing a bunch of guys from free agency, and I hope they don't start moving our prospects or any more young kids yet (outside of Groulx).
The guys im worried about is Lundy. Was hoping hed be more of a lock as our future 3c, but right now hes lookin more like a 4c.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The guys im worried about is Lundy. Was hoping hed be more of a lock as our future 3c, but right now hes lookin more like a 4c.
He looked good for a few games with Mac and Silf. Maybe wing is the longterm solution for him. Either with McTavish if we run 3 scoring lines or Gaucher if the 3rd line is a defensive line. I like Carlsson, Zegras, McTavish down the middle, but seems like Cronin wants Z on the wing with Carlsson.

Reactions: Kalv

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Strome as a 3rd liner really opens up options. Dare I say:
Killorn-Carlsson-Offseason addition
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Gauthier-Zegras-Strome
Jones-Lundy-Carrick
McGinn
Johnston.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Good to see them get a win despite not looking very good.

Vatrano has looked like the best duck in years this season. He and McTavish should be glued together, they just get it done.

Reactions: Kalv

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
It really goes to show how bad the Senators and Sabres are. Does it make me feel a little better about Anaheim? Not really, lol.
I feel for the Sabres-fans. That team has been such a tirefire for so long now and nothing ever seems to change.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I'd actually like to see a Vatrano-Lundy-Strome. That kinda reminds me of Comtois-Lundy-Rakell. Lundy can do the heavy work and be defensively responsibly with anyone he plays with. He's one of five Ducks who have played at least 10 games to be +0 or above. Gudas, Lindstrom, Silf, and Vaak are the other four.

As for position, I think Lundy is our best 3C and probably our best defensive forward who has improved his FO Pct to 52.4%. And with the presumed departure of Silf and Rico, we're gonna be missing some defensive savvy forwards. I don't want to gamble on gifting Gaucher the 3C position at the NHL level next year.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I'd actually like to see a Vatrano-Lundy-Strome. That kinda reminds me of Comtois-Lundy-Rakell. Lundy can do the heavy work and be defensively responsibly with anyone he plays with. He's one of five Ducks who have played at least 10 games to be +0 or above. Gudas, Lindstrom, Silf, and Vaak are the other four.

As for position, I think Lundy is our best 3C and probably our best defensive forward who has improved his FO Pct to 52.4%. And with the presumed departure of Silf and Rico, we're gonna be missing some defensive savvy forwards. I don't want to gamble on gifting Gaucher the 3C position at the NHL level next year.
Sure…let’s take the one guy who’s been somewhat consistently scoring goals this year and put him with 2 offensive duds.

Vatrano needs guys who can open up space for him and get him the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad