#54 KINGS @ SHARKS , beat 'em 1-0

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Hopefully those Penguin scouts were watching...

178202089.r.jpg

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I can't take that.... :help:

9:40 and the game is over? I wish the Kings would start home games at 7:00 instead of 7:30.

haha.

I'm hoping this gets something going for the Kings. They didn't unleash the scoring, but hopefully a victory, especially @San Jose which you could just write off for the last 3 years might give them a little spark.

Hoping. Kopitar seemed really excited. Quick was pumped. I hope that feel spreads through the line up.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
That would require Brown to actually score goals and assist some himself. Like the Sharks fans, I booed Brown when he touched the puck too....Cuz I knew he wasn't going to do anything with it.

Yet it was Richards who fumbled away the best scoring chance that line had off that wonderful set-up by Williams.

Again, when factoring in all three zones of play, I think these are the lines the Kings are going to have to roll with. Carter and Kopitar belong together for many reasons. Now it's time for the rest of the players to follow suit.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Well done, boys! Quick was amazing but everyone else kept the SOG low for the first 2 periods and didn't give the Sharks much to shoot at in the third. This game should give them all a boost.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Matt Greene was effective for the first time since… hell, I don't know when. Solid game, actually used his best attribute, his physicality, and didn't play stupid.

Sutter, don't even dress Toffoli if you're going to play him on a line with Fraser and Nolan. Waste of talent on a 4th line with two idiots.

Quick is the difference in this one. I told you guys not to panic, all teams go through a slump. Let's get back in the W column now.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Well done, boys! Quick was amazing but everyone else kept the SOG low for the first 2 periods and didn't give the Sharks much to shoot at in the third. This game should give them all a boost.

I think Kopi scoring that empty net would have given the team a bigger one. It hitting the post just keeps them thinking nothing is going our way about going in.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The best part of that save by Quick in the first was his patented move afterwards - throwing the puck back like a boss.

KingKopitar11*

We won the game but overall anyone else not happy with the game. I miss the intensity this team had :(

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I am happy, but not holding my breath. I wanna see if they can string some wins together and get a positive boost going into the break.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Yet it was Richards who fumbled away the best scoring chance that line had off that wonderful set-up by Williams.

Again, when factoring in all three zones of play, I think these are the lines the Kings are going to have to roll with. Carter and Kopitar belong together for many reasons. Now it's time for the rest of the players to follow suit.

That was one where the remote almost went at the TV. Gotta bury that chance.
Hopefully he stops clutching his stick too tight, and just plays hockey like he is capable of

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The powerplay continues to infuriate all of us. As I pointed to earlier, that damn 7 minute failure of a powerplay against the Canucks has screwed with their heads. They just look so uncertain and timid when they have a man advantage. They clearly don't know what to do once they're inside the offensive blueline.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
We won the game but overall anyone else not happy with the game. I miss the intensity this team had :(

Huh? They played a great road game, goals still hard to come by, but overall game was very good, and I would have said same had they lost 1-0.

Powerplay still sucks, but we gave the Sharks no breathing room tonight, they were frustrated.

Given that this was their win won for Hertl game, thought they would have had a ton of shots and pressured us all night.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad