Post-Game Talk: #54| FLYERS at Canadiens | Tue., Feb. 10, 2015

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
mdz's pass was right on the mark.

By trying or just by luck in missing #32? In any case I agree that it was on MDZ and that Vinny was not going to stay on the ice and make a play when he was about to get off.

People complain about Jake not getting the TOI in the OT but expected Vinny to stay out at the end of his shift... I don't get that.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Did people think that pass was meant for Vinny?

I assumed that he knew he was at the end of his shift and getting off the ice. In a perfect World that puck never gets to Vinny's feet and he gets of clean without a hitch.
I watched the sequence multiple times now and it is nearly impossible to tell if it was meant for Streit or Vinny.
If it was meant for Streit, it was a bad pass. If it was meant for Vinny, it was miscommunication, because Vinny clearly didn't expect the puck. Though in my opinion Vinny should at least be aware of it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I watched the sequence multiple times now and it is nearly impossible to tell if it was meant for Streit or Vinny.
If it was meant for Streit, it was a bad pass. If it was meant for Vinny, it was miscommunication, because Vinny clearly didn't expect the puck. Though in my opinion Vinny should at least be aware of it.

thats the way i look at it. I mean the pass was right on the tape , that makes me think it was meant for vinny but vinny and mdz clearly werent on the same page. very odd sequence.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Berube logic: Game tied in the final minutes, throw the 4th line out in the defensive zone!

Did my eyes deceive me or did we get 3 breakaways in that game and get ONE SHOT on net with them?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
In real time I was thinking that had Vinny touched it, it would have been a too many men call... I think he, as I, expected Jake to come on... at that point Vinny had to continue to get off the ice or there ultimately would have been a call (had they not scored). I'm no so sure that he did see Voracek was not off the boards.
You're right. He had the linesman between him and Jake as well who could've blocked the view. When he realized about the puck he probably didn't want to take the risk and I can't blame him for that.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
What I think happened:

image.jpg

I think DZ wanted to hit Streit but realized Pacioretty would cut him off at the last second, so he just dumped it ahead into what he believed would be a safe area. Bad luck that it hit Vinny's skate. If it would have gone 2 inches to either side, it would have hit the boards and bounced ahead harmlessly.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be more concerned that Del Zotto listed at 6'0" 195 lbs. let Desharnais at 5'7" 176 lbs. get to the net like that while being right there with him. You need to play the body there not the puck as we're not exactly talking about Lucic there.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I hate Lecavalier. He had one of his worst games of his career with that pathetic decision to throw away a 2-on-1 just because he was tired and lazy. Absolutely puke-inducing. Plus there were a bunch of other minor things that added up to one great pile of ****.

But yeah, no, that last play was not on him. He was ready to jump the bench. His stick was inverted, the blade was up by his head lol. Plus you could clearly see his body resonate with the surprise of the puck hitting his skates, which were less than a half a second from jumping over. The first thing he did in reaction was to do a 180 and face the ice. The second thing was to readjust his stick so he could get the blade closer to ice level. He only had time to get it half way there.

If MDZ was trying to hit him, he made a bad decision. If MDZ was going for Streit, he missed and luck found one of Vinny's skates. Either way, not Vinny's fault.

So let's put that one to rest now.

This is exactly what happened. People just seem to want to blame Vinny for everything. There's so much else you can blame him for, the GWG was all on MDZ and his terrible pass and his terrible recovery.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Does anybody keep track or know how to figure out how many of that damn too-many-men-on-the-ice penalties they have taken this season already?
Must have been a dozen. Can't happen.:shakehead

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Looks like travelling saved me some frustration. Fat, slobby frustration.

Who scored our goal?

Read, like a minute in. This team, especially G and Voracek, are having some real problems scoring lately. Hopefully this stretch against CBJ and Buffalo gets them going again.

MadFerIt95*

I turned the TV off the second the Canadiens scored so I'll take the diplomatic route and just blame everybody.

Jaraco

Mar 13, 2014
California
Vinny had nothing to do with that OT goal. And I'm someone who hates Vinny on this team and would love to have a reason to **** on him. It's pretty much all on Del Zotto.

Now, my real issue is that Vinny had one of his worst games of the year (an extremely scary thought) and he actually was allowed to play in OT. Berube gunna Berube.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Does anybody keep track or know how to figure out how many of that damn too-many-men-on-the-ice penalties they have taken this season already?
Must have been a dozen. Can't happen.:shakehead

imo it was a bad call. If thats the way they are going to call too many men, teams should start practicing throwing the puck at the benches during changes. Too many men is like off sides, its almost a guideline, if you watch most plays the non puck carrier goes in slightly before or a stride before. Refs call it as fit. Same with too many men, no ones was in the play, a guy going to the bench.

Just my thoughts

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It seemed like the linesman could have done a better job of getting out of Vinny's way as he came to the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad