Post-Game Talk: #54| FLYERS at Canadiens | Tue., Feb. 10, 2015

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
image.jpg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If Vinnys cap hit was league min but you had to play him 8 mins per night , does more than 1-2 teams take him, or do any ??

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
What I meant was, it's an indisputable fact that the Flyers are 5-0-2. It's an indisputable fact that they earned a point against the (almost) best team in the league. And for some reason, 90% of the posts are angrily screaming how bad the "team sucks". I think it's kind of ridiculous. Also a real fun-killer.

Hope that clears things up.

Sorry... I'm a bit paranoid at this point.

I agree and was thinking the same thing... This team is playing well and may actually do what was once almost impossible and still a very long shot... but they are going it a shot and yet people want to fire the coach and point fingers at people... enjoy the situation... it may be a long Summer where we will have planty of time to lament.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
If Vinnys cap hit was league min but you had to play him 8 mins per night , does more than 1-2 teams take him, or do any ??

Somebody would pay it because of his name, but I wouldn't. The guy doesn't play defense, doesn't hit, doesn't bring any intensity off the puck, seems like a waste of a roster spot. And that's at the cap minimum!!

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Sorry... I'm a bit paranoid at this point.

I agree and was thinking the same thing... This team is playing well and may actually do what was once almost impossible and still a very long shot... but they are going it a shot and yet people want to fire the coach and point fingers at people... enjoy the situation... it may be a long Summer where we will have planty of time to lament.
It's only natural that people are frustrated after losing a game, especially with the way they lost.
When you get to OT, you want to win.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

So that pass was meant for Streit? Jesus, that's awful. I need to rewatch the play.

Edit: Rewatched it, he put it wayyyy too far ahead of Streit for how quick he was going. The entire goal is really on MDZ, terrible outlet and terrible recovery. It's amazing how he lets DD just reach around him to score.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I see no logic in keeping him. Get an interim in and start changing to the system we will run next year. Thinking a new coach can change things in 3 weeks is foolish.

^^^this x 10000^^^^

thats what ive been saying..

get a new coach and start turning this ship around.

every game they give Berube is wasted time and effort

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If it wasn't for Streit, then he was passing to an out of gas Vinny who had his back turned and was clearly just trying to get off the ice. Either way, he made a very costly mistake.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
We have around a 7% chance of playoffs right now. Have lost in 7 games. And are about to go against the bluejackets and buffalo twice. We still have at least one game against the Bruins. Goaltending is the only thing I am worried about long term. I could stolarz going on a beginners luck run if he gets a shot. We know Zepp looks good. There's still an outside chance that we can keep up this clip.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dude you are reaching here. Vinny should've dumped it in deep to get a line change.

Voracek was already sitting on the boards about to jump on the ice when the pass arrived. Vinny never had the chance to dump the puck in because he never saw it coming. Del Zotto could have easily hit Streit in stride but he took the wrong option.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
For who for what? This team is going nowhere this season. Specially with blockhead on the bench. I hate losing as much as the next guy, but i'm also realistic.

I hate losing... but the idiotic NHL Rules makes teams that go into OT not really 'losers'... I'm sorry, but gaining a point at this juncture when you need points is not really a loss -- more like and old fashion Tie for the eventual loser of the two points -- Right now, if you're not going to win, you better take the point they are handing you. I hate that they lost but, to be honest, I was apprehensive going into the game... So I'll take it.

... And who knows? They may go somewhere and leap over the Panthers and catch the Bruins... and once your in the Dance you can do a lot of damage... ask 2010 Flyers and the Kings Cup Teams... or even the Rags last Season who went to the SCF after the Flyers took them to seven games. You never know... and the Flyers are playing well lately.

Some year maybe they will get a good start to the Season and make it easy on themselves.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Voracek was already sitting on the boards about to jump on the ice when the pass arrived. Vinny never had the chance to dump the puck in because he never saw it coming. Del Zotto could have easily hit Streit in stride but he took the wrong option.
But Vinny must have seen that Voracek wasn't on the ice. It was just odd. He refused to play the puck and left it for the Montreal player.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
It's only natural that people are frustrated after losing a game, especially with the way they lost.
When you get to OT, you want to win.

I understand... I just don't like scapegoating, and there has been so much of that in here tonight. I want to win every OT and get frustrated also... I guess I just vent this way, and they vent that way.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
So that pass was meant for Streit? Jesus, that's awful. I need to rewatch the play.

Edit: Rewatched it, he put it wayyyy too far ahead of Streit for how quick he was going. The entire goal is really on MDZ, terrible outlet and terrible recovery. It's amazing how he lets DD just reach around him to score.

Did people think that pass was meant for Vinny?

I assumed that he knew he was at the end of his shift and getting off the ice. In a perfect World that puck never gets to Vinny's feet and he gets of clean without a hitch.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Did people think that pass was meant for Vinny?

I assumed that he knew he was at the end of his shift and getting off the ice. In a perfect World that puck never gets to Vinny's feet and he gets of clean without a hitch.

In a perfect world Vinny is on the Pens and Berube is the Rangers new coach.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
:laugh: Oh please, don't pretend the cherry picking comments are wrong. He does it all the time, which is why he goes offsides so much.

Lecavalier doesn't have the speed, skill, or brains to play like a decent player so he tends to cherry pick.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
But Vinny must have seen that Voracek wasn't on the ice. It was just odd. He refused to play the puck and left it for the Montreal player.

In real time I was thinking that had Vinny touched it, it would have been a too many men call... I think he, as I, expected Jake to come on... at that point Vinny had to continue to get off the ice or there ultimately would have been a call (had they not scored). I'm no so sure that he did see Voracek was not off the boards.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I hate Lecavalier. He had one of his worst games of his career with that pathetic decision to throw away a 2-on-1 just because he was tired and lazy. Absolutely puke-inducing. Plus there were a bunch of other minor things that added up to one great pile of ****.

But yeah, no, that last play was not on him. He was ready to jump the bench. His stick was inverted, the blade was up by his head lol. Plus you could clearly see his body resonate with the surprise of the puck hitting his skates, which were less than a half a second from jumping over. The first thing he did in reaction was to do a 180 and face the ice. The second thing was to readjust his stick so he could get the blade closer to ice level. He only had time to get it half way there.

If MDZ was trying to hit him, he made a bad decision. If MDZ was going for Streit, he missed and luck found one of Vinny's skates. Either way, not Vinny's fault.

So let's put that one to rest now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1