Post-Game Talk: #54: Devils at Flyers, Saturday, February 13, 2016, 1:00 pm ET

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Phantoms play tonight, so I'm sure we will get a hint at who is coming up shortly.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Drewiske getting called up as #7 & Manning playing 20 minutes a game isn't a crazy idea. The problem is those in charge of decisions aren't using a higher draft pick as justification in doing so. :laugh:

I can't wait until Manning's extended this offseason. :laugh:
Yeah, it's kind of sad that they can't see that Manning doesn't belong in the NHL. I'm not worried about it long term, he'll be forced out sooner rather than later.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, it's kind of sad that they can't see that Manning doesn't belong in the NHL. I'm not worried about it long term, he'll be forced out sooner rather than later.

Yeah I could definitely see him back next year but get squeezed out by default. I expect Provorov to make the team & Morin to be a legitimate option to crack the roster at some point next year.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
**** sakes. Hate the loser point. Give me the win or the loss, especially at this point in the season where they have very little chance of making the playoffs.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope AMac being called up means they will still be looking to move Medvedev. Then they could call up Alt or Morin after the deadline.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
It's out of control this season. It's not even only us, half the league is complaining about reffing being the worst ever. No consistency at all.

Over the years we tend to see a period of time where the reffing is off. But this season may very well be the worst I have ever seen. Majors and misconducts that are not. Clean hits that are called while blatant spearing etc go uncalled. I do not know how they are going to be able to put together good officiating for the playoffs.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
Elliotte Friedman is backing up his report which is more important here. I doubt it would have even been posted if he didn't given his credibility.

Yes. I think my point was, I wait for much more credible sources than Tim P. to be informed on updates to the Flyers. He often times is on the outside looking in. Bill Meltzer from HockeyBuzz is perhaps the best beat coverage man for the Flyers.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Just got home from the game. Here are my observations. Coaching is a HUGE problem, every game lately we start out refusing to shoot. Our players prefer to pass to covered players than shoot themselves. Our defensive scheme means constantly backing into our own zone. We can't connect on passes. We drop pass and cross ice pass rather than getting it out of our zone. AND like I said before, Jake likes to skate behind the net rather than shoot. Other than that a completely boring, typical of late, Flyers game.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
If I had a nickel for every bad start the Flyers have had and will have this season

I would have 82 nickels

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Flyers played much better in the 2nd and 3rd, but man they try to many fancy shots/plays.

I know the Devils are good at cluttering the passing/shooting lanes, but we don't have the skill

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good game guys. Flyers are definitely better than there record says they are

The Flyers you saw today are not the best version of this team either. With Couturier in the lineup, we have a record of 21-10-7. Without him, 3-10-3. He is our 2nd most important forward behind Giroux, taking on maybe the toughest defensive assignments in the league and providing secondary scoring (16 points in his last 16 games before his recent injury). That said, all teams go through injuries. The best teams have the depth to overcome them, and depth is something we really lack right now!

And the Devils are a lot better than anyone thought they would be. Hynes has done a fantastic job and Schneider is firmly "elite" now. Much credit to Lou for trading that 1st round pick for Schneider. I strongly doubt Bo Horvat ever has the type of impact in this league that Schneider is going to have for the Devils.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As usual, the Flyers are what they are, nothing to get excited about here, fortunately Hextall knew this all along and hasn't panicked.

Manning isn't terrible, we've seen terrible, he's just doesn't belong on the ice except "break glass in emergency" situations as a 7th D-man, but I think he plays for the same reason Umberger plays, right now, outside of Gudas and Simmons (and he can't afford to enforce and get suspended) who is physical on this team? Not saying they need a goon, but if you're playing Weal and Gagner on the line you need someone who's stronger than tissue paper with them. This will change in a couple years when guys like Morin and Ghoul show up, AK is solidly built as is Lindblom, Myers and Sanheim should fill out. We'll have a nice combination of size and small, quick but feisty (Cousins, Leier, etc). One reason Laughton is probably sitting is he doesn't consistently use his size and like Gagner, plays smaller than he should. With Medvedev, it's a wakeup call, like MDZ last year, he's prone to mindfarts.

Weal and Gagner illustrate the difference between junior/AHL/NHL. Kocnecky is literally skating circles around guys in junior, and that's why guys like Gagner can excel there (and Druion as well). Lot's of space for guys with basic skills like skating and shooting. AHL is tougher, but if you're quick and smart like Akeson and Weal, you can learn how to compensate and take advantage of the step you have on lots of guys. NHL, forget it, either you can work in a crowd (have great puck control and vision, which is why Giroux is a star and Konecny will be despite their size) or all those skills are useless except for 2 on 1s and 3 on 3 situations - and no one makes a career of that. Even on the powerplay, against a good PK you don't have that much room or time.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead
So a Devils fan comes in, says that it was a good game, and indicates that we're a better team than our record suggests, and you respond like that? Grow up dude.

maxresdefault.jpg

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Nothing I've read here makes me sad I've missed this game.

Eh, whatever. I eagerly await the day that boring franchise gets moved to Las Vegas or Seattle.

Can't we have someone else? ANYone else??:laugh:
Calling the devils my new home team would be nauseating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad