GDT: [#54] Dallas Stars at Nashville Predators, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
i just realized i threw a random baseball reference at you but im not going to apologize because its a good parallel

Well i only watched like 1 baseball game . The game where the Cubs broke their insane streak and won and just because someone ticked me off i should watch it because its historic . I do get that you mean. Don't overthink everything and don't save your best players when you actually still need to win the game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Didn’t catch all of it, but I’m content with this.

Took a contender to OT in their own building. We outplayed them for a good portion of the game and, minus one unbelievable bounce, we (likely) win this.

The team played well. Can’t ask for much more than that. You aren’t gonna win them all.

Need to see that same effort next game too.

Also, it’s always good to see Heiskanen score.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Meh 5-0-1 in our last 6. I'll take it

On the bright side I like our chances against the Preds if we end up against them in the first round. They dont seem as good as the last few years. Obviously things can change, but for now I'd rather them then the Jets

The team needs added scoring to really have a chance in the playoffs against the Preds. 29 shots should result in more goals against a backup goalie.

That said, they actually have to make the playoffs. It's not like this 3rd in central is permanent.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team needs added scoring to really have a chance in the playoffs against the Preds. 29 shots should result in more goals against a backup goalie.

That said, they actually have to make the playoffs. It's not like this 3rd in central is permanent.

I do think Saros is better than Rinne at this point though. He certainly looks better and also has better overall numbers than Rinne. So in my mind we played against the Preds #1 tonight

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Saros is a good goalie @ZeHockeyFan. It's not like we didn't play a hell of a game. Nashville had their chances on us too.

I think if we manage to get 7 out of 10 points on this road trip I'll be happy. Tampa will be a tough game.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Didn’t catch all of it, but I’m content with this.

Took a contender to OT in their own building. We outplayed them for a good portion of the game and, minus one unbelievable bounce, we (likely) win this.

The team played well. Can’t ask for much more than that. You aren’t gonna win them all.

Need to see that same effort next game too.

Also, it’s always good to see Heiskanen score.
Nill has to add a forward who can score. Has to. This is crazy. He needs to do it as soon as possible. He needed to do it in July, August, September, etc.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way i think Nichuskin should slot in against Arizona. Ritchie hurts his line i feel unless we want him to goon up somebody against the Yotes again. Yeah Val is bad too but he usually doesn't hurt any line he's one . He's just kind of there.

First powerplay unit also needs a different look . Not sure who you put in for Ritchie but its not been good.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
For a 5-game road trip, I'd like the team to come home with at least 7 points, 6 at minimum. At least tonight they got 1.
Anything 8 or more is tasty topping. Go Stars!

The fire in their bellies is glowing right now!

...wisdom

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
By the way i think Nichuskin should slot in against Arizona. Ritchie hurts his line i feel unless we want him to goon up somebody against the Yotes again. Yeah Val is bad too but he usually doesn't hurt any line he's one . He's just kind of there.
This is the prime example of why Nill needs to make a move. Neither of those two should be playing on any NHL roster.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is the prime example of why Nill needs to make a move. Neither of those two should be playing on any NHL roster.

What the Boyle move for the Preds showed me is that prices right now are very high. Boyle was by the way dreadful tonight and everytime his line was on the ice Stars dominated it . I agree that the Stars need to make a move but i don't want them overpay while still ending up with the equivalent of Kris Russel on forward.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nill has to add a forward who can score. Has to. This is crazy. He needs to do it as soon as possible. He needed to do it in July, August, September, etc.

Totally agree. For what we have now, though, I think that game was fine.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Athletic had an article on acquiring Breadman. Basically, yes the price is going to be so high that only the true top contenders can justify paying it, a la TOR, TB, CAL and maybe a few others. Dallas not on their list of logical locations.

Makes sense, middle tier teams likely to not benefit by winning Cup, even with some more goals, and will also need the young assets to build up to top tier level, even if they luck out and win, since he is a rental.

I bet Nill feels the same way, although the Stars do seem to have the singular problem Panarin would solve, providing he fits in (the column says he is the type who fits anywhere and makes players around him better). Other teams with perhaps multiple problems would be better advised to find cheaper rentals.

The other problem is, CBJ still in race and would like a few right now players, plus others ready for NHL in a year max. Not sure we wouldn't have to send a first, Hintz, Guri and Faksa to get him for a month or three.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Athletic had an article on acquiring Breadman. Basically, yes the price is going to be so high that only the true top contenders can justify paying it, a la TOR, TB, CAL and maybe a few others. Dallas not on their list of logical locations.

Makes sense, middle tier teams likely to not benefit by winning Cup, even with some more goals, and will also need the young assets to build up to top tier level, even if they luck out and win, since he is a rental.

I bet Nill feels the same way, although the Stars do seem to have the singular problem Panarin would solve, providing he fits in (the column says he is the type who fits anywhere and makes players around him better). Other teams with perhaps multiple problems would be better advised to find cheaper rentals.

The other problem is, CBJ still in race and would like a few right now players, plus others ready for NHL in a year max. Not sure we wouldn't have to send a first, Hintz, Guri and Faksa to get him for a month or three.

Makes sense. If he gets to FA, I'm sure Nill will at least kick the tires, as he always seems to do with elite talent. Hard to know if he'd want to play here, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad