GDT: [#54] Dallas Stars at Nashville Predators, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Stars call up Landon Bow to be backup, since Bishop "tweaked" something. OMG< I hope that this is the truth, and its not the start of the annual Ben Bishop injury season. We are a bit better prepared this year, if that happens to be the case.

Behlster

Jun 27, 2018
Excited for this game. Should be a game with a lot of post whistle action. Would love to see P.K and Benn square off at center ice. Highly unlikely though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well the plan was for Khudobin to start anyway . Hope Bishop isn't too serious . Kind of need him on the 5 game roadtrip . We did get one of the better and more expensive backups in Khudobin because Bishop is a bit injury prone but Bishop is still the better goaltender.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well the plan was for Khudobin to start anyway . Hope Bishop isn't too serious . Kind of need him on the 5 game roadtrip . We did get one of the better and more expensive backups in Khudobin because Bishop is a bit injury prone but Bishop is still the better goaltender.

Monty said Bishop should be fine by Saturday

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I wonder how long it will take for McLeod to drop the gloves . I think a big part of getting him and Boyle was partially because of how much the stars pushed them around .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well lets just say i'm sceptical and it depending what the injury is it might be better to give Bishop more days off so he won't miss any extended time. Thats the most important thing. To keep Bishop as healthy as possible.

Yeah I like the idea of that as well. I mean unless Khudobin is just dreadful tonight, we have 2 top 5 goalies currently and there should be no reason he can't start twice in a row to give Bishop some time

Bishop wasn't anything special against Arizona anyways

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
If Khudobin sucks tonight they should give bow a shot against Arizona . He was awesome when he played the 3rd against Pittsburgh .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Yeah I like the idea of that as well. I mean unless Khudobin is just dreadful tonight, we have 2 top 5 goalies currently and there should be no reason he can't start twice in a row to give Bishop some time

Bishop wasn't anything special against Arizona anyways

Top 5 statistically :laugh:

Bishop is absolutely a top 5 netminder for this season. I don't think Khudobin is anywhere close, but he may well be earning himself a starting job somewhere at the end of this contract if it continues.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Top 5 statistically :laugh:

Bishop is absolutely a top 5 netminder for this season. I don't think Khudobin is anywhere close, but he may well be earning himself a starting job somewhere at the end of this contract if it continues.

I would be a bit confused if someone signed a 34 year old Khudobin in 2020 as their starting goaltender no matter how good he is for us. 1a/1b or with a young guy or premiere backup to an injury prone goalie like right now sure but not as fulltime starter.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I would be a bit confused if someone signed a 34 year old Khudobin in 2020 as their starting goaltender no matter how good he is for us. 1a/1b or with a young guy or premiere backup to an injury prone goalie like right now sure but not as fulltime starter.

If he keeps playing like this, it honestly wouldn't surprise me. Some teams can be desperate for goaltending.

Maybe not a 60 game starter, but a 1A/1B situation.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This 5 game road trip starting tonight determines everything for this season from Nill's actions at the deadline to the Stars playoff hopes

I'm nervousss :laugh:bad flashbacks of last season

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kyle Turris is back for the Predators tonight

Brian Boyle and Cody McLeod also in the lineup

Surprisingly different team since we last played them lol

Reactions: Multigrain

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Monty said Bishop should be fine by Saturday

Saturday == 8 more weeks of injury, rite? Hopefully Bishop didn't see his own shadow!
tumblr_m9pjcfWLHt1rdutw3o1_500.gif

justkidding!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad