Post-Game Talk: #54 | Canadiens 3 at FLYERS 5 | Thu., Feb. 8, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If you're referring to me, I was simply responding to Trout's question about if anyone knew what the Patrick line's Corsi was last night, and then his follow up question about if there was a way to see the difference in Corsi once Filppula took Patrick's spot.

I still think Corsi is a flawed stat that is useful with context but not nearly the magic, God-like rating that many treat it as.

When Weise and Read are in your top 5 in CF% last year, you know the stat isn't the end all be all.

And those who treat Corsi with God-like reverence tend to ignore that, and also ignore that Provorov has a below 50 Corsi (worse than Manning's) and a slightly negative Corsi Rel.
Corsi means shit it Caroline is the best team. Far from it.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I didn't get to watch because I was on standby for my nephew on Xbox and I miss the christening of Lehtera as TORGO??? I wish the team was as awesome as you guys are. :laugh: My friend probably still has his old Torgo screensaver saved on his computer. Let's see if we can get the arena's AV guy to play that theme every time Lehtera takes the ice.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Of course I was joking. I was an advocate for Sanheim to be here at the start of the season. Hagg is the one I wasn't sold on, yet here he is all season long. If, and that's a big if, Manning does come back next year it should strictly be in the #7 role filling in on occasion due to bad play or emergency injury. If he goes somewhere else, perhaps he can win the #6 role on a different team.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've been trying to photoshop Jori on Torgo, but it's hard to get right. All the pictures are low resolution, and his dumb hat and beard are making it difficult. The Master I can do lol.
I didn't do Lehtera, I thought it was too perfect to have the ManDog there. :laugh:

Reactions: Amorgus

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Which suggests to me while he's not good at possession, he may be good at suppressing good scoring chances when on the ice, which is what a defensive defenseman should do.

I get the thought process here. I truly do. Except we can measure that too and it’s not the case.

If you want to say that’s how you judge, then you have to say Sanheim was a better shutdown D or it’s a double standard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad