#53 Stadium Series, Kings lose to Ducks ... by some score.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Been waiting for this! :laugh: :handclap:

Getzlaf: "You still have more hair than me"
Brown: "Yeah, I think I've got enough for a while"

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2005
CA
We were sitting to the left of the volleyball court, were those people paid actors? We watched them take orders from the TV people and some of them appeared to be needing exercise rather than the fit So Cal stereo types they were portraying. The yoga chicks gave me ****** chills, guys throwing frisbees, it was really obnoxious but I guess that's what people think we're like. Why aren't they doing this in the New York games?

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
We were sitting to the left of the volleyball court, were those people paid actors? We watched them take orders from the TV people and some of them appeared to be needing exercise rather than the fit So Cal stereo types they were portraying. The yoga chicks gave me ****** chills, guys throwing frisbees, it was really obnoxious but I guess that's what people think we're like. Why aren't they doing this in the New York games?

Paid actors would be even *more* "LA". :)

Los Angeles is best at putting on a show, and that outdoor game will be remembered as one of the best, most fun, most "authentically local" the NHL will have ever done. Yoga, beach volleyball, red carpet, an actual A list celeb or two, inline skating, Vin Scully, Gretzky, KISS, Five for Fighting... holy crap! It had everything going on in LA any given day all happening at the same place at the same time - that was the point! So well done from that perspective.

If the Kings had actually shown up it would have been even more memorable. That was the only (huge) disappointment of the entire evening for Kings fans. If the Kings had made the game competitive or won it would be fondly remembered as one of the all-time highlights for the organization. Now it'll just be remembered as a great event - not a bad thing, just not as good as it could have been.

Captain Mittens*

I am with you. For consistency, they should have substituted in muggings where the volleyball court was in the NY game

Captain Mittens*

I think between you and me we would've offered a more genuine feel for the LA lifestyle.

Should've also had hot dog street vendors all over the field and in concessions.

The homeless wiping visors was a NY idea

My LA idea was to have people trying to sell bags of oranges to the players as they were walking on to the ice.

They also should have recreated the OJ chase in the outfield

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The homeless wiping visors was a NY idea

My LA idea was to have people trying to sell bags of oranges to the players as they were walking on to the ice.

They also should have recreated the OJ chase in the outfield

:laugh:

Should've also had Reggie Jackson in the outfield, muttering "I must kill the queen."
Naked-Gun8.png

Captain Mittens*

Speaking of Naked Gun, did they play any Randy Newman at all during the game?

the USC marching band played "I love LA" as the teams came out.

I was hoping they would play "South of heaven" , but "I love LA" is a classic

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
My co-workers husband is on the tear down team at doyer stadium and hooked my up with these posters. Definitely going up on the wall, sans duck poster..my wife will not be happy.

[IMG[/IMG]

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3