GDT: #53 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders | January 23rd | 7:30pm | F/L 6-4

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
I feel bad for whoever signs Amac this summer.

Even if it's the Rags, I'd feel bad for them.

The problem is I fear it will be us. My most likely scenario is:
No move at the deadline
He hits UFA with no compensation
We re-sign him for 5yrs, 18 million
Isles fans rejoice at what a bargain we got, saying Amac took the hometown discount. Meanwhile we outbid ourselves.
We are stuck with this hot piece of garbage for the next five years.

This is what I expect. Garth please prove me wrong.:help:

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Not to be negative but we're not getting a first rounder for him! He's a bottom two defenseman. I would gladly take a 3rd for him.

AMac looks like a rookie out there, it's unbelievable. Garth had better be listening to every deal and any deal worth a 1st rounder--take it, I would almost rather see a rookie out there (why can't Griff be in BP :cry:), at least you could somehow justify it and say its a learning experience.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
No move at the deadline
Isles fans rejoice at what a bargain we got, saying Amac took the hometown discount. Meanwhile we outbid ourselves.

Only thing that made me laugh tonight. But the 5yrs for 18 mil made me sad because that sounds like it may actually happen.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
No move at the deadline

How do you get 5 mil for sucking at your job?

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
I hate the Penguins so much. If Satan had a hockey team, I'd for them them if they were playing the Penguins. :rant:

I don't blame MacDonald for the empty-net goal given the circumstances, but it did seem like an "appropriate" way for him to end the game. He better not get $5 million/year because I don't think I could stand living in a world where AMac makes that much money.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Only thing that made me laugh tonight. But the 5yrs for 18 mil made me sad because that sounds like it may actually happen.

Hence why I said my most likely scenario. Just remember when it happens people will spin it like he is a discount at that price.

I'd let him walk for nothing and not look back. Time for this organization to move forward, not backwards.

Re-signing Amac is moving backwards for not only the Islanders but my overall well being.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
Hence why I said my most likely scenario. Just remember when it happens people will spin it like he is a discount at that price.

I'd let him walk for nothing and not look back. Time for this organization to move forward, not backwards.

Re-signing Amac is moving backwards for not only the Islanders but my overall well being.

I would eat a homeless mans ass if someone just took him for a bag of pucks and a white castle burger. I just hate the #47 now. I don't even play it in powerball anymore.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I dont understand this mentality when the majority of this board is on the "playoff push" train.

Not saying I wouldnt like to see this team make the playoffs, but EVERY game and point counts until April. With other teams being ahead, with other teams having games in hand...they have to find a way to win. Any loss should be viewed as unacceptable.

EDIT: Not directed at you, solely, Yearly.

They are going to lose games though, they have 30 left and probably need to win 20 just to get to 90 points and be in playoff picture. What can't happen is a 5 game losing streak now. They just have to bounce back Saturday

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I would eat a homeless mans ass if someone just took him for a bag of pucks and a white castle burger. I just hate the #47 now. I don't even play it in powerball anymore.

damn bro thats a lot of hate ...lmao...leave that talk for Pierre! dude addresses everyone with a y at the end ...a puck should hit him right in the teeth ...

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013

You MIGHT hate his play more than myself. Great post and thanks for the giggles.:help:

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

The problem is Amac being exposed as a top pair guy, as a 2nd pair 18-20 minute a night guy he would be better fit. If 5 million a year is what he wants then he is gone but he is an NHL defenseman and someone is going to pay him at least 3 million a year.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
They are going to lose games though, they have 30 left and probably need to win 20 just to get to 90 points and be in playoff picture. What can't happen is a 5 game losing streak now. They just have to bounce back Saturday

Agree 100%.

But, this game was lost on mistakes and lapses that have plagued this team all year long. To say that you (not you, specifically) can "live with this loss" shouldnt be the mentality that you have. It's a damn shame that this team still plays like **** for 85% of games. It's a direct issue of coaching and an inability of a GM / Owner to field a winning roster. If this team is serious about a push, they need to address these issues quick. No loss should be acceptable, even though we all know we are going to lose some.

As someone else mentioned earlier, it doesnt matter how great JT, KO, and Vanek have been. If we dont get a #1 goaltender (not Nabby), secondary scoring, and a defense, we are going NOWHERE.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Amac and Donovan players of the game for Pittsburgh...that should about sum it up

Donovan is a disappointment, i mean you would like to be patient and see but he struggles with puck decisions. I'm not sure he is a NHL regular. Looking at guys who are below him at pro level(Mayfield, Pedan) and junior guys who turn pro next year(Reinhart, Pulock, Pelech etc) he could be not here much longer

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Really I'm surprised this game was that close. We were outplayed in pretty much every zone.

Our defence stood around all night. Cdh looked awful on the 5th goal. Amac was brutal all night. Poulin was standard below average. Okposo, Bailey, just a couple names who didn't show up...why doesn't KO shoot...that line is way to cute..

Also...I hate pierre mcguire

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Agree 100%.

But, this game was lost on mistakes and lapses that have plagued this team all year long. To say that you (not you, specifically) can "live with this loss" shouldnt be the mentality that you have. It's a damn shame that this team still plays like **** for 85% of games. It's a direct issue of coaching and an inability of a GM / Owner to field a winning roster. If this team is serious about a push, they need to address these issues quick. No loss should be acceptable, even though we all know we are going to lose some.

As someone else mentioned earlier, it doesnt matter how great JT, KO, and Vanek have been. If we dont get a #1 goaltender (not Nabby), secondary scoring, and a defense, we are going NOWHERE.

Its not acceptable but its going to happen. I think next year they are going to forced to spend some money with cap floor going up along with the holes they are going to have on D and in goal. Honestly up front they don't need much(keep Vanek hopefully)

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
Its not acceptable but its going to happen. I think next year they are going to forced to spend some money with cap floor going up along with the holes they are going to have on D and in goal. Honestly up front they don't need much(keep Vanek hopefully)

Unfortunately, this is what we all said last year. And, the year before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad