GDT: #53 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders | January 23rd | 7:30pm | F/L 6-4

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
well wouldnt be a final nail on the head without an amac giveaway. Can we start a thread on how awesome Amac is so other fans can beg their team to trade for him and maybe we can get a 1st pick for him?

I turned the game on with 2 min left - just in time to see amac give away the puck and a goal. This guy sucks so bad - you just can't make this stuff up. I hope he stays in the division and implodes on one of our rivals next year.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
That was one of the most torturing games I have ever had to watch.....especially with those announcers.....

The announcers were absolutely terrible. They were drooling over Maata the entire game.

Anyway, I don't think it was a "torturous" game, we had lots of chances, but the Pens played some solid D and Zatgoff came up with some big stops when he needed to.

Defensively we were terrible. There is absolutely no way to sugar coat it. Literally every defenseman, aside from Hickey, was subpar tonight.

Last edited:

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
We win with offense and lose because of our D. It's still our problem but all the goals we score have been hiding it a bit as of late. Tough loss but the effort is there.

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
That 5 on 3 was horrendous. The just stood around there hoping for an goal. Pathetic.

the reason this team has a pathetic powerplay ....... THEY DON'T CYCLE.

that's why the pens scored an their powerplay (the defencemen, dropped down the forwards moved back to blue line, they execute give and go's, one timers, everything the isles don't

when you're up one man let alone two you're supposed to get the opposing players out of position.

three of the goals by pens shouldn't have happened either. Especially the 2nd one. and the 5th. pathetic defence and a useless offense

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Next time we get up by two goals I'm just turning the tv off! Seriously, have we won a game this year when lading by two goals??

CLUTTERSTACHE*

Feels like playoffs all over again.

And I called 2-2 at end of 1st after it turned 2-0. Also called down 1 with 10min left in 3rd. This team is so predictable. I'm gonna have to put some wagers on them.

And can anybody just say it? F-ck you Andrew MacDonald. Man that feels good.

Tpkc2

Jul 19, 2013
Hickey was +4 and amac was -4 and was on the ice for a pp goal! His playing time must be reduced or eliminated!!!

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I feel bad for whoever signs Amac this summer.

Even if it's the Rags, I'd feel bad for them.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
I turned the game on with 2 min left - just in time to see amac give away the puck and a goal. This guy sucks so bad - you just can't make this stuff up. I hope he stays in the division and implodes on one of our rivals next year.

If he holds the puck for one more second, the game would have been over. He made a desperate play because of the situation. Have a Marlboro, a Budweiser, and relax.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Getting rid of amac and getting Viz back will be a huge improvement. Add one more good D to fill the hole...and the D will be better than good. Throw in a goalie and look out.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
If he holds the puck for one more second, the game would have been over. He made a desperate play because of the situation. Have a Marlboro, a Budweiser, and relax.

Desperate play at the end of the game? Like he's never done that before. That must be it :sarcasm:

Duanesutter12

Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
And he's asking for $5M per! At some point your agent needs to deal with reality because that kind of request will work against you. Trade him for whatever we can because he is flat out not a good player.

I feel bad for whoever signs Amac this summer.

Even if it's the Rags, I'd feel bad for them.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
This PP will kill this team.

Fun game to watch, too bad isles lost. Love the way Tavares stepped up the intensity in the 3rd, but not enough. First line was crap for much of the game, Vanek especially bad. Both he and KO need to shoot more.

Hickey was somehow a PLUS FOUR. I think he's outstanding by the way. Such a smart defenseman with and without the puck, he battles hard and he doesn't play small. More than anything, he continues to get better. DeHaan and Hickey with Visnovsky and Hamonic coming back - those four will make this team far better. Possibly too late though.

Nice to see Bailey have some life to his game! Grabs too. But those defensive lapses killed the Isles tonight.

Donovan has looked much better of late as well. Great sign.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Hickey was +4 and amac was -4 and was on the ice for a pp goal! His playing time must be reduced or eliminated!!!

AMac looks like a rookie out there, it's unbelievable. Garth had better be listening to every deal and any deal worth a 1st rounder--take it, I would almost rather see a rookie out there (why can't Griff be in BP :cry:), at least you could somehow justify it and say its a learning experience.

Duanesutter12

Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
I hate watching games against the Penguins. They're like a boxer with speed and knockout power! Befor you know it they rattle off ten punches and you're laying on the canvas!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad