Post-Game Talk: #53 |New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | May 4th | 7:00 | F/SOL 4-3

scott99

May 13, 2005
Our superstar has to be taught a lesson ? At age 23 ? Making 7 mill a year and he gets benched. I love Barzal, but I’ve been saying for years, he’s very good, not great, not elite. Has 21 million dollar elite skills, but a $5 brain.

Reactions: Quickdraw2828

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Figures.. Lazy team tonight. get your heads out of your asses and score here.. I would don't be surprised to see Barzal get the game off tomorrow, and that is a serious. comment. If Trotz is going to rest some guys. Barzal has looked like dog crap all game.

I said this yesterday.. 5 games this week, so both rest and a message being sent. Barzal did not look good yesterday.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
The obvious trap game after the Rangers series is over. The weird vibe of playing a guy who hasn't played in the NHL is over. If Isles don't win tonight they just aren't that good and they'll be one and done in the playoffs.

scott99

May 13, 2005
The obvious trap game after the Rangers series is over. The weird vibe of playing a guy who hasn't played in the NHL is over. If Isles don't win tonight they just aren't that good and they'll be one and done in the playoffs.
Unfortunately the Islanders aren’t playing the Rangers in the playoffs. I don’t see any indications from this team that they can avoid a 1st round sweep. Was so happy at the trade deadline, but those 2 guys brought the Jersey stink with them. The team has been complete shit since then (except vs the Rangers).

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Our superstar has to be taught a lesson ? At age 23 ? Making 7 mill a year and he gets benched. I love Barzal, but I’ve been saying for years, he’s very good, not great, not elite. Has 21 million dollar elite skills, but a $5 brain.

I thought he had the most ridiculous turnovers last night, until Leddy's assist on the empty netter.

Reactions: scottywiper

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Unfortunately the Islanders aren’t playing the Rangers in the playoffs. I don’t see any indications from this team that they can avoid a 1st round sweep. Was so happy at the trade deadline, but those 2 guys brought the Jersey stink with them. The team has been complete shit since then (except vs the Rangers).
Please. They looked like shit entering the playoffs last 2 years. Then destroyed their opponents.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
After yesterday's loss, the last 4 games are essentially meaningless. Rest who needs to be rested, and use them as extended practices.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Agreed. Some of those guys earned a night in the press box.

I love Barzal but he mailed it in yesterday for parts of the game. So whether it is a message or a breather , or some combination, this works for me. I had a feeling and posted after the game yesterday that Barzal sits tonight.

Martin could use a blow as well.

I think we come out with some energy today (we'd better) and this is a blow out. Normally I would never say something like that and realize it will look stupid if I am wrong but just have that feeling. Let's get this thing right for the playoffs.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Perreault and Martin are killing us, and we can't solve Hajt and Playfair. We're screwed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad