Post-Game Talk: #53| Kings 1 at Flyers 0 | OT | Saturday, February 4, 2017

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
So Ghost and TK learned what not to do by watching PP2 and OT? Or were they as bored as the rest of us and fell asleep?

The are probably learning that they will get ice time when they can be relied upon to not make as many terrible decisions.

And the "but Hakstol isn't benching the scrubs!!!" refrain totally misses the point, which is that those guys shouldn't be held to the same standard as guys who the team sees as integral parts of its future. The team isn't made or broken by guys like TK and Ghost at this point.

They also could very well be a little banged up, but otherwise "healthy".

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
I do not understand scratching TK and Ghost in back to back games. How could you watch every game and think MacDonald deserves to be a top pairing defencemen and Ghost deserves to sit? Hextall needs to step in and crack some skulls.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Refuses to put his best players to start OT and goes with checkers vs Kings top guns. King third shift is best players again, College boy decides now not to check and puts his 3 worst options out.

Berube > Haks

sadly you might be right by the end of the season..

this team seems to be trending to regressing under Haks watch compared to even Berubes watch... which is terrifying

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
"Going defensive" with AMac, Couturier and Simmonds in OT is just plain stupid. Going at all with Manning, Weise and Schenn is just plain ********. Especially how all three had played to that point.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
wouldn't count on it, our coach is an idiot. probably will blame them for the loss. didn't pay attention enough in the press box.

First he will need to praise PEB and VDV.

Listen to these buffoons praise the scratching of TK and Ghost. Insinuating we wouldn't of got to OT with them , ****ing Haks loving pukes.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Goals scored = 0
Points = 1

Only in Bettmans NHL :laugh:

I would have been furious if I payed to attend that game.

MacDonald on ice to start OT :laugh:

Good thing we had Weise and Manning out in OT instead of TK and Ghost.

Our offense is lit AF under Davey. Cool coaching dude. :laugh:
I did pay to attend and it just further cemented my belief I'm not renewing until Hak is gone. i wont spend a dime on this team if he is here next year. I'd rather ****ing wipe my ass with that money than pay to see another game like this. really can't wait for my rep to ask me to renew so I can give this organization a piece of my mind.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If either Ghost or Konency are scratched again, I am 100% not watching.

They don't watch much anyway. I was at game earlier this year where I was upstairs right next to their pressbox. It was like Del Zotto, Raffl, Cousins, & Laughton. They were playing with their phones most of the time just like anybody else these days.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
"Going defensive" with AMac, Couturier and Simmonds in OT is just plain stupid. Going at all with Manning, Weise and Schenn is just plain ********. Especially how all three had played to that point.

Bang on, its idiotic.

Schenn got paid and has turned into his brother

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I did pay to attend and it just further cemented my belief I'm not renewing until Hak is gone. i wont spend a dime on this team if he is here next year. I'd rather ****ing wipe my ass with that money than pay to see another game like this. really can't wait for my rep to ask me to renew so I can give this organization a piece of my mind.

Im only going to games if invited for free. Ill be there Monday for free. Havent spent a dime on the team all season.

As for the Berube comparison..

We are actually worse than Berubes 2nd year at ES already.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I knew this was lost when OT started. Ghost is a weapon in OT. Not to play him will cost them points down the road.
Ghost scratched, MDZ injured...impossible to make up for that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I knew this was lost when OT started. Ghost is a weapon in OT. Not to play him will cost them points down the road.
Ghost scratched, MDZ injured...impossible to make up for that.

All they have to do with Ghost is give him limited minutes and ozone starts until he finds his game. This way he can still be in the lineup for PP1 and OT (the only times we score anyway). Hak doesnt understand it doesnt have to be all or nothing with him.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
All they have to do with Ghost is give him limited minutes and ozone starts until he finds his game. This way he can still be in the lineup for PP1 and OT (the only times we score anyway). Hak doesnt understand it doesnt have to be all or nothing with him.

Exactly. Whomever is sitting, goes instantly back to playing the same minutes. You can send a message so many different ways.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
They don't watch much anyway. I was at game earlier this year where I was upstairs right next to their pressbox. It was like Del Zotto, Raffl, Cousins, & Laughton. They were playing with their phones most of the time just like anybody else these days.

I don't think you quite understood what I tried to say. I was just saying, I am not going to watch the game if they aren't playing. Just a waste of time.But, what you said doesn't particularly surprise me either.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Stuff to do at home with last change , yet he scratches them at home. I swear he has no ability to coach the young kids and scratching is his go to move.

Like Bill said above, he has no ability to adjust his coaching. It's benched or 20 mins per night for Ghost. He's an idiot.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Their big guns came through while ours did not. Everyone is *****ing about OT while without Neuvirth we do not get a point! Raffl ( who I like) is not a 1st line winger. Our 3rd and 4th lines are blah. Sean does a good job but I wish he would put pressure on the other lines trying to STOP him. G needs a horse on his left, one who can open the ice for him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Their big guns came through while ours did not. Everyone is *****ing about OT while without Neuvirth we do not get a point! Raffl ( who I like) is not a 1st line winger. Our 3rd and 4th lines are blah. Sean does a good job but I wish he would put pressure on the other lines trying to STOP him. G needs a horse on his left, one who can open the ice for him.

If G and Jake got to play OT vs Manning Weise and Schenn we win also. That's was a Christmas morning gift to the Kings.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
And either trade Schenn or end this center experiment.

Jets may trade Matty Perreault , he could be real good with G but doubt anything makes sense and he's injury prone.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think you quite understood what I tried to say. I was just saying, I am not going to watch the game if they aren't playing. Just a waste of time.But, what you said doesn't particularly surprise me either.

Oh yeah I definitely did then. I mean watching games in the pressbox doesn't make you a better player. So I'm not trying say they're not committed or anything though. If it did Biznasty would be Wayne Gretzky by now.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That OT goal was mostly Manning completely blowing his coverage (Carter was his man, he sagged), even though your worst defensive player, your lowest scoring winger, and your worst defenseman against the best OT 3 man unit in the league is disastrous to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad