Post-Game Talk: #53 | FLYERS 2 at Hurricanes 1 (OT) | Tue., Feb. 6, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Replace Lethera with Lindblom and replace Manning with Sanheim.

Two simple moves and this team could challenge for a top 3 spot and maybe win a playoff series or two.

Its so simple yet so infuriating that Hextall doesnt see it.
I'm all for bringing these players up for experience and what not and they have more talent undoubtedly than the current roster players, but i think believing the prospects will play such a significant role in our seasons fortunes is foolish.

Reactions: hatcher

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
True, but whats weird is every time i actually have seen a canes game, he was really good lol i havent seen a whole lot of them, but every time i have, he was making some spectacular saves

A few years ago I was surprised when everyone here thought Holtby was good during his first great season. I hadn't been following his stats, just catching the occasional game. I thought he sucked.

As it turned out, when I checked his game log, I had managed to watch every game where he was pulled and only a couple others in addition, so my own sampling was garbage. :laugh:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I had to miss this game, but watching the OT highlights, I was thinking about how empty the lower bowl of the arena was. Then when Weal scored, it looked like 75% of the fans jumped up and cheered. Ouch.

Tell me you've eaten authentic poi. I have no clue what it is; it makes me think of The Flintstones, when Fred was in the beach movie and his only line was "Please pass the poi."

[Looks up "poi"]

Oh gag! Mushed corn. I dislike corn like Striiker dislikes Weal in all but the popped variety. The corn, not Weal. Blargh! One less reason to go to Hawaii.
It's pounded fermented taro, which is a root crop. I don't know if that makes it better or worse. I've eaten sea turtle eggs, tarantulas, snakes, balut, and all kinds of various weird shit in my life, but have never had the desire to even try poi in my 8 years in Hawaii. I doubt that will change before I ever leave here.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Hextall may very well be bailed out by his incredible stroke of luck in hitting a 1 in 20 lottery (or more, I think) chance at drafting Nolan Patrick.
There's a tiny chance I'm remembering wrong, but weren't all the expectations at the beginning of the season - from the organization to the media - to most likely miss the playoffs this season? And now people think Hexy's job's in any danger to speak of? I find it hilarious and baffling, and it seems like a case of taking for granted the hope the team's been giving us as the season wears on. Selective memory.

Reactions: marcsson68

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
7 minutes for Lehtera, 16 for Patrick. TK 20, continuing to look terrific on the top line. It's far from everything everybody wants, but those are more than baby steps, those are big boy steps.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
If Mac, Weise and Lehtera didn't have much term left I'd be inclined to believe the Hextall will be able to solve the remaining roster issues soon.
But in reality we will have to bear this some more.

Reactions: Rebels57

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
If Mac, Weise and Lehtera didn't have much term left I'd be inclined to believe the Hextall will be able to solve the remaining roster issues soon.
But in reality we will have to bear this some more.
Cap really is not issue for us for few more years. Buy out Lehterä, Keep AMac as #7/AHL and Weise as #13. Bring in ELC players. Problem solved.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I'm all for bringing these players up for experience and what not and they have more talent undoubtedly than the current roster players, but i think believing the prospects will play such a significant role in our seasons fortunes is foolish.

Taking Manning and Lethera out of the line up will be the signifigant impact. I dont expect either young guy to light the world on fire...but whatever contributions they make, even if small, will be a significant upgrade over negatives like Manning.

Reactions: Tripod

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Funny, they were patient with Patrick and now we are seeing the rewards as we had hoped in the second half. The potential was the same with Sanheim. If they had encouraged him and allowed him to work through growing pains, he would have been a difference maker by playoff time. Hagg has been allowed to work through his growing pains, but seems to be getting worse not better. AMac regressing hasn't helped.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
AMac is cooked. He tried to do a Ghost stutter step to lose a forechecker and landed on his butt lol. Also I just shake my head every time him or Manning have the luck stationary behind our net and end up rifling a slap shot pass up tonthe far blue line. It infuriates me so much, it was a bad option in minor hockey. I am so much more at ease when it is Ghost or Provy and they have the ability to skate it out rather than force it down the ice.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I had to miss this game, but watching the OT highlights, I was thinking about how empty the lower bowl of the arena was. Then when Weal scored, it looked like 75% of the fans jumped up and cheered. Ouch.

It's pounded fermented taro, which is a root crop. I don't know if that makes it better or worse. I've eaten sea turtle eggs, tarantulas, snakes, balut, and all kinds of various weird **** in my life, but have never had the desire to even try poi in my 8 years in Hawaii. I doubt that will change before I ever leave here.

Thanks for your expert insight, Winston. Sure, not-corn makes it better. And you, my friend, have an interesting palate! Were the tarantulas and snakes on a dare?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Funny, they were patient with Patrick and now we are seeing the rewards as we had hoped in the second half. The potential was the same with Sanheim. If they had encouraged him and allowed him to work through growing pains, he would have been a difference maker by playoff time. Hagg has been allowed to work through his growing pains, but seems to be getting worse not better. AMac regressing hasn't helped.

AMac is cooked. He tried to do a Ghost stutter step to lose a forechecker and landed on his butt lol. Also I just shake my head every time him or Manning have the luck stationary behind our net and end up rifling a slap shot pass up tonthe far blue line. It infuriates me so much, it was a bad option in minor hockey. I am so much more at ease when it is Ghost or Provy and they have the ability to skate it out rather than force it down the ice.
What is with this Amac regressing narrative? He is equally as bad as he was the day we got him. The only difference is that his ineptitude isn't being masked be provys or ghosts talents.

Disregarding quality of team mates is what leads you to believe Weise is a good 3rd line player or as BSH famously wrote Carle is the next Ryan Suter.
And it goes both ways. Just look at Provy and Couts without veteran presence of Umberger, Amac and their kind. Their scoring is through the roof, just by watching you can see their game picked up big time and probably even stats folk would say their corsis is up.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Huge 2 points. But not happy so much. AMac in OT? Filppula over Patrick again? I can't live with that anymore...

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
We're going to make the playoffs because the whole Metro is tanking.

Thus insuring another year of boring Hakstol hockey and crap veterans having big roles.

they are going to rely on elliot and trying to win playoff games by scoring one or two goals is not going to get you deep in the playoffs. one thing i learned from the eagles playoffs you have score more to win and that's why we won sb. if the eagles couldnt score we would have lost. if the flyers cant score in the playoffs which im sure they wont, it will be one and done.

Reactions: AdamParrot

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hagg will be a damn good 3rd pair dman but playing with Mac killed him too.

Reactions: marcsson68

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
they are going to rely on elliot and trying to win playoff games by scoring one or two goals is not going to get you deep in the playoffs. one thing i learned from the eagles playoffs you have score more to win and that's why we won sb. if the eagles couldnt score we would have lost. if the flyers cant score in the playoffs which im sure they wont, it will be one and done.
True! We have ZERO chance in PO with Haktard as a Head coach. No doubt.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lehner I think will be a flyer. It was talked about on Saturday and he would be good eith eilliot then with Hart when he comes up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Thinking Sanheim and Lindblom wouldnt immediately be improvements on Manning and Lehtera, while also getting them valuable experience that will grow their games, is foolish.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Lots of hitting type d in the league man. You can't have all puck movers on your team. He'll be a rock.
But if you can ONLY, ONLY hitting, that you really are not f***ing NHL hockey player! Never!

There are D hitting type D like Byfuglien, L. Schenn, but they can pass the puck too. And not only dump, dump and dump the puck. Hägg is really bad and never will be a good Dman in NHL. He really can ONLY hitting. Nothing more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad