GDT: #53 Canucks at Flyers, Monday Feb 04 7:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You act 1) like I conjured an opinion with no basis and 2) was wrong.

I expressed concern about Patrick & Lindblom in the preseason because they didn’t look good & the Flyers had them slotted as 2/3 of their second line.

My concerns proved correct — this wasn’t something I “decided” with no evidence & then got proven wrong.

In the first half of the season Patrick & Lindblom each had 11 points.

Robert Hagg had 12; Dale Weise had 11.

Patrick had a 24 game stretch with 2 points; Lindblom had a 23 game stretch with 1 point.

And the Flyers finished the first half in the bottom 3 of the league & ultimately had to move Patrick to 3C.

You are criticizing me for being right.

Now, they’ve looked much better so far in the last few weeks, & I’ve said as much, but unfortunately the playoffs are almost certainly out of the picture.

Lastly, your refusal to acknowledge that both Gordon & Howe were referring to Patrick needing to play with a more revved up motor consistently, is further illustrative of your sensitivity to objective criticism of Patrick. Right in line with your refusal to acknowledge that my preseason concerns about him as 2C were justified. You may say that you don’t believe he should be immune to criticism, but you seem to perform mental gymnastics to find ways to deem objective criticism as invalid.

And Patrick’s effort level has been significantly better lately. Sometimes players think they are playing harder than they are & need a fire lit under them. Maybe the recent comments woke him up. Maybe his conditioning was bad. But he’s now playing with much more consistent energy.

I know it can get confusing since you argue with everyone, but we are not in fact a hivemind. I haven't said shit about Gordon or Howe one way or the other. I thought people projecting Patrick for 60 points (to say nothing of topping Tavares) were out of their minds. I was perfectly content with Patrick working towards 40 points while growing into the 2C role, and assumed that there were going to be bumps along the way. I'm okay with the bumps, it's a young team!

My issue with you remains the same as it always is. You are confirmation bias personified. You saw Patrick struggle with certain things during preseason and decided he wasn't giving enough effort, because it's all you can fall back on, because you don't understand what you are watching. You have been on a mission since the season even began shitting on Patrick and his effort.

It's the same lazy bullshit analysis. Patrick isn't trying hard enough. Giroux's not a good captain. Ghost is weak on D. Blah, blah, blah.

It's not about working harder or some other prehistoric bullshit. It's about having confidence in his talent to make strong decisive plays. It's about figuring out how to create time and space for himself at the NHL level. It's about getting stronger so that he wins more puck battles. Effort's not the issue. Dude has plenty of hustle.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know it can get confusing since you argue with everyone, but we are not in fact a hivemind. I haven't said **** about Gordon or Howe one way or the other. I thought people projecting Patrick for 60 points (to say nothing of topping Tavares) were out of their minds. I was perfectly content with Patrick working towards 40 points while growing into the 2C role, and assumed that there were going to be bumps along the way. I'm okay with the bumps, it's a young team!

My issue with you remains the same as it always is. You are confirmation bias personified. You saw Patrick struggle with certain things during preseason and decided he wasn't giving enough effort, because it's all you can fall back on, because you don't understand what you are watching. You have been on a mission since the season even began ****ting on Patrick and his effort.

It's the same lazy bull**** analysis. Patrick isn't trying hard enough. Giroux's not a good captain. Ghost is weak on D. Blah, blah, blah.

It's not about working harder or some other prehistoric bull****. It's about having confidence in his talent to make strong decisive plays. It's about figuring out how to create time and space for himself at the NHL level. It's about getting stronger so that he wins more puck battles. Effort's not the issue. Dude has plenty of hustle.
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

TELL EM

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Why the f*** does it take the refs so long for them to blow the whistle when Hart has the puck?!?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Hart can get an early whistle if his life depended on it and that little puke drew that.

Fine that *****
And then he flopped trying to draw another one right at the start of the PP. That could have been called for diving. Losing respect for the kid with the weak cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad