GDT: #53 Canucks at Flyers, Monday Feb 04 7:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Vancouver Canucks (23-22-6) @ Philadelphia Flyers (23-23-6)

The quest for 8 begins!

Van_Boxmeer_Schultz2__3__medium.JPG

nhl_g_schultz_b1_300.jpg

Possible Lineups:

gdt.jpg

gdt 2.jpg

gdt 3.jpg

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
How long have you been hoarding those POG helmet pics for this moment AHD? :laugh:

I was officially back on board at the end of the Edmonton game. Jumped off the couch and screamed "f*** YEAH" as loud as I could. Make it 8, and keep rolling on.

Also, that pic of Lindblom wearing the POG helmet he looks scarily like B. Schenn.

Last edited:

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Awesome job!!

How long have you been hoarding those POG helmet pics for this moment AHD? :laugh:

I was officially back on board at the end of the Edmonton game. Jumped off the coach and screamed "**** YEAH" as loud as I could. Make it 8, and keep rolling on.

Also, that pic of Lindblom wearing the POG helmet he looks scarily like B. Schenn.

Thanks guys. I've been saving the POG pictures since it started. It's so horrible I thought it would make a fun GDT.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

I was officially back on board at the end of the Edmonton game. Jumped off the coach and screamed "**** YEAH" as loud as I could. Make it 8, and keep rolling on.

had no idea, before now, that you call your partner the coach. must have been a wild ride if it made you scream like that.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Can they make the playoffs? Well yeah, technically it's still a mathematical possibilty. However, barring a miracle, they won't. They are going to trade Wayne Simmonds. If they weren't, he'd already have been extended by now. We can all criticize him (and rightly so) for his play on the ice for most of this season, but I don't think that anyone can question his popularity among his teammates and the respect they hold for him. No matter what the specifics of the deal are, I think they stumble a bit after it is made.

So let's look at the standings from a purely rational perspective. Even if all of these teams stumble and/or struggle quite a bit, based on their roster, health and recent track records, here are the lowest reasonable point totals (and my estimated actual point totals) we can expect from them:
Montreal 92/95
Islanders 96/101
Capitals 96/101
Pittsburgh 95/100
Boston 95/100
Columbus 90/94
Carolina 86/90
Buffalo 85/88

They need to pass at least three of these teams, so at best they need to go something like 19-8-2 to get in. However, more realistically, they'll need to go more like 20-7-3. Also, to actually have a chance to win in the first round (they ain't beating Tampa), they'll probably need to go 23-5-2 or better.

Sadly, I just can't see it happening.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
They need to pass at least three of these teams, so at best they need to go something like 19-8-2 to get in.
I hate mathematics. But I think there is solid chance.

But we have to win next 4 home games. Then it will be about 15-8-2, what is really pretty good chance. But yes, we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad