GDT: #53 ⋅ ANA @ OTT ⋅ 4 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Man how many times has gibson left the game early due to injury this year.

it’s crazy to me how bad the sens have been… on paper I thought they had a legit shit at playoffs

Korpisalo just wasn't a good gamble for them. Their goaltending has been so sub par for the majority of the year.

Korpi in particular, really seems to fight the puck when a shooter on the right side (his blocker side) shoots low/mid far glove side. For whatever reason he struggles with his quick decision whether to catch those or kick them away. Have noticed this several times throughout the year, but there was one in particular last night. A very harmless wrister from out near the blueline that he managed to fumble into a very dangerous rebound.

It's hard for a team to settle in and play their game, when a goalie is looking that shakey behind them. Forsberg just hasn't instilled any more faith with his performances, and Sogaard when called up, hasn't looked nearly NHL ready. It's a huge sore spot for them

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
nice to know we aren't the only terrible ones out there. Also glad to see the team respond after an embarrassing effort. At least they haven't tuned out Cronin yet.

Would love to see what this team looks like healthy and with another legit 2 way top4 defenseman.

I think we could climb out of the Bottom 5. Could actually be better next month with Zegras and Killorn returning, and some call ups from SD. That Montreal game was a no show, and we played well enough to win last night, but think could have done better. Our kids looked great, and the vets contributed nicely. Just can’t expect to win games with only 20 SOG. It worked last night because Ottawa’s goalie was Swiss cheese.

Could give a crap about draft position. We draft from like 3-10 going to get a similar level player. We need to start playing .500 hockey and build from there. 4-5-1 in the last 10 is not far from that. We should have gotten at least a point against Edmonton if the refs didn’t ref Like they usually do to screw us over.

Enough is enough with the tank (which is know it’s not intentional) , it’s time to start building and not worry about selling off everyone.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
nice to know we aren't the only terrible ones out there. Also glad to see the team respond after an embarrassing effort. At least they haven't tuned out Cronin yet.

Would love to see what this team looks like healthy and with another legit 2 way top4 defenseman.
ya would be nice to see the forward group at full health (with gauthier at the end of the season). Last couple games if healthy may be looking at

Killorn mctavish terry
Gautheir carlsson zegras
Vatrano Lundy strome
- maybe swap gauthier and Vatrano or zegras and strome

Defense wise idk that we’ll see that this year, but I’d like to see zellweger get some more games.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I think we could climb out of the Bottom 5. Could actually be better next month with Zegras and Killorn returning, and some call ups from SD. That Montreal game was a no show, and we played well enough to win last night, but think could have done better. Our kids looked great, and the vets contributed nicely. Just can’t expect to win games with only 20 SOG. It worked last night because Ottawa’s goalie was Swiss cheese.

Could give a crap about draft position. We draft from like 3-10 going to get a similar level player. We need to start playing .500 hockey and build from there. 4-5-1 in the last 10 is not far from that. We should have gotten at least a point against Edmonton if the refs didn’t ref Like they usually do to screw us over.

Enough is enough with the tank (which is know it’s not intentional) , it’s time to start building and not worry about selling off everyone.
Selling off vets that you aren't going to extend is building. Are you advocating extending guys like Henrique, Silf, Bush, etc? Any assets acquired are part of the build.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Selling off vets that you aren't going to extend is building. Are you advocating extending guys like Henrique, Silf, Bush, etc? Any assets acquired are part of the build.

No I’m talking about potentially keeping guys like Vatrano and Bush around to help support our kids.

Rico is a no brainer to move, and Silf is likely done after this year. If they can get a return go for it .

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No I’m talking about potentially keeping guys like Vatrano and Bush around to help support our kids.

Rico is a no brainer to move, and Silf is likely done after this year. If they can get a return go for it .
Vatrano is fine… you also have killorn/strome/terry and Lundy who are basically vets at this point. bush is prob okay to resign but I’d prob move him for a middle round pick and figure that out next year.

If we resign him cool, but I think there are better options out there Than lybushkin who is easily our worst dmen

Reactions: DuckRogers10

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Vatrano is fine… you also have killorn/strome/terry and Lundy who are basically vets at this point. bush is prob okay to resign but I’d prob move him for a middle round pick and figure that out next year.

If we resign him cool, but I think there are better options out there Than lybushkin who is easily our worst dmen
Lacombe is our worst dman and it’s not close. Again, just because he has a moment or 2 where he looks good on the rush. Does that really put to the side the countless turnovers that happen over and over again?

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Love the drive by Minty on the first goal. Nice rush by Carlsson as well. Ridiculous snipe by McTavish on his first and a beautiful setup by Terry on his second.

Last edited:
Reactions: lwvs84 and Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lacombe is our worst dman and it’s not close. Again, just because he has a moment or 2 where he looks good on the rush. Does that really put to the side the countless turnovers that happen over and over again?
Lacombe is put in the worst situation, he should be playing 2nd/3rd pairing and get limited reps on special teams…. But right now he’s put on top pairing playing off hand side, which isn’t ideal for someone that should be playing limited mins.

I think lacombe is fine as our 2nd lhd or 3rd pairing lhd, I like him over Vaaks long term

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Lacombe is put in the worst situation, he should be playing 2nd/3rd pairing and get limited reps on special teams…. But right now he’s put on top pairing playing off hand side, which isn’t ideal for someone that should be playing limited mins.

I think lacombe is fine as our 2nd lhd or 3rd pairing lhd, I like him over Vaaks long term
I do agree that there will be much better options this summer over labush though. For me, it’s a complete tossup on lacombe/vakks. I will say that verbeek traded for vakks where as lacombe seems to be as many say “ thrown with the wolves “ which to me would indicate a strong reasoning of them not seeing him as a long term fit( game theory would be we are sacrificing his development so all other youngsters aren’t rushed either onto the team from the gulls, or rushing current other youngsters to play their offsides or with fowler etc

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It’s probably too late already.
A team might take a risk if we retain on him a bit, but they arnt gunna give us much.

New Jersey for vanecek + holtz and a pic based on how deep they go is prob best we can hope for

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
For what it's worth, Vaakanainen's giveaway/takeaway rates are both much worse than LaCombe's. I know he and Gudas have been solid as a pairing, but I think Gudas is a positional wizard. He's doing a lot of the heavy lifting on that pairing, even though Vaakanainen has been better than I expected.

Long-term, I think we've got:

Mintyukov - Fowler/Luneau
Zellweger - ???
LaCombe/Vaakanainen - Gudas/Warren/Moore/Hinds

I'm not opposed to LaCombe and Vaaks fighting for that 3D spot and the other one being the 7th defenseman.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Vaakanainen, Gudas, Fowler, and Lybushkin all have higher GVA/60 than LaCombe.

Lybushkin has a worse SAT% in spite of getting 4% higher offensive zone starts.

Lybushkin has taken 51PIM vs 16, with many of those bring the “I’m beaten gotta grab/hook the guy”.

Lybushkin is a 6-7D. LaCombe is probably a 4-5.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I don’t think LaCombe is terrible, just that his usage has been difficult. Has offensive upside that we haven’t seen much of. Problem is, he’s clearly behind Mintyukov and Zellweger in the puck moving LHD hierarchy.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

Lybushkin has taken 51PIM vs 16, with many of those bring the “I’m beaten gotta grab/hook the guy”.

If I’m wrong about lacombe then good. I hope I am. Truly

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Bush filled a role for sure, but he’s def the worst dmen we’ve iced this year…. He makes a living off blocking shots and not being afraid to play physical but that’s all he really does.

He’s been a nice security blanket for minty, but ultimately I think he’s def a vet posistion we can either try to upgrade with a legit top 4 or even bottom pairing dmen.

I’d love to throw a 3 year high money deal at Matt Roy

Mintyukov Roy
Fowler lacombe/luneau
Zellweger gudas

I guess a lot depends on who we draft this year and what the plan with fowler is going forward and luneaus health .

If I’m wrong about lacombe then good. I hope I am. Truly
You are wrong about him, he’s much better than what you’ve suggested in this thread…. Just unfortunately put in a situation he really shouldn’t be in

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Bush filled a role for sure, but he’s def the worst dmen we’ve iced this year…. He makes a living off blocking shots and not being afraid to play physical but that’s all he really does.

He’s been a nice security blanket for minty, but ultimately I think he’s def a vet posistion we can either try to upgrade with a legit top 4 or even bottom pairing dmen.

I’d love to throw a 3 year high money deal at Matt Roy

Mintyukov Roy
Fowler lacombe/luneau
Zellweger gudas

I guess a lot depends on who we draft this year and what the plan with fowler is going forward and luneaus health .

You are wrong about him, he’s much better than what you’ve suggested in this thread…. Just unfortunately put in a situation he really shouldn’t be in
Alright hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad