GDT: #53 ⋅ ANA @ OTT ⋅ 4 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014

:ducks

Tyler Durden - Almost - the Ryan we deserve, not the one we need right now
Frankie 🤌 - Masoff - Drinks with Dogs
Minimum Jones - Robin - Silverberg, right ahead!
Johnstoff - Carrie - Guéroult

Jacksoff - Cameroff
U – Rad
V - Lube

Gibsoff

vs

:sens

Chuck - Norris - Bath
Joseph - Diving Champion 2024 - Always Sunny
Morgan Reilly - Pinto - Feelin' Blue
Cuba - Kastelic - Kelly

Chaboat - Waivers
Chickring - Hamonica
Mark Stone - Guénette

Korpisalo​

All-time (regular season) record vs OTT: 22-12-3-4. Most goals for: 5. Most goals against: 4.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lineups coming later.

All-time (regular season) record vs OTT: 22-12-3-4. Most goals for: 5. Most goals against: 4.
All-time playoff record vs OTT: 4-1

Ott has some really nice young pieces, I wonder what is not working for them

Reactions: Ducks DVM

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
All-time playoff record vs OTT: 4-1

Ott has some really nice young pieces, I wonder what is not working for them

By far their biggest issue is goaltending, they have been downright bad. Their team and individual goalie stats are downright ugly and the eye test matches. Just a lot of shots that just can't be leaking through on NHL goalies. It's so deflating for a bench when they can't trust their goaltending.

Secondary issue is team defense. They rely so heavily on younger players and just don't have enough strong defensive vets to support them. Sanderson has become their best D but he's young and still a bit raw, also not yet as physically strong as he will be in his prime. Chabot is way more geared towards offense and a bit of a gambler, Chychrun never quite as good as people built him up to be. Zub is a decent low event minute muncher but they could really use a stout right shot defender to help mask some of their other issues. Their forward group could use a couple guys like Silf who primarily focus on defending.

I'd probably say leadership is their other concern. I like Brady Tkachuk, he's gritty as heck and willing to answer the bell with no hesitation. Does most of his scoring from the toughest areas of the ice. He's clearly the team's emotional leader and I just don't know if he's quite mentally mature yet to handle that. Just often seems to caught up in the bullshit. Not trying to rip the kid, he's still just trying to grow into the role and doesn't have enough veteran support around him. Giroux was probably a big help. Stutzle is another key player who is just still so young, he's going to get so much better in his overall game still. There will always be some risk/reward with a player that highly skilled, but he has to learn to clean up his decision making in certain areas of the ice

Reactions: Kalv

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
By far their biggest issue is goaltending, they have been downright bad. Their team and individual goalie stats are downright ugly and the eye test matches. Just a lot of shots that just can't be leaking through on NHL goalies. It's so deflating for a bench when they can't trust their goaltending.

Secondary issue is team defense. They rely so heavily on younger players and just don't have enough strong defensive vets to support them. Sanderson has become their best D but he's young and still a bit raw, also not yet as physically strong as he will be in his prime. Chabot is way more geared towards offense and a bit of a gambler, Chychrun never quite as good as people built him up to be. Zub is a decent low event minute muncher but they could really use a stout right shot defender to help mask some of their other issues. Their forward group could use a couple guys like Silf who primarily focus on defending.

I'd probably say leadership is their other concern. I like Brady Tkachuk, he's gritty as heck and willing to answer the bell with no hesitation. Does most of his scoring from the toughest areas of the ice. He's clearly the team's emotional leader and I just don't know if he's quite mentally mature yet to handle that. Just often seems to caught up in the bullshit. Not trying to rip the kid, he's still just trying to grow into the role and doesn't have enough veteran support around him. Giroux was probably a big help. Stutzle is another key player who is just still so young, he's going to get so much better in his overall game still. There will always be some risk/reward with a player that highly skilled, but he has to learn to clean up his decision making in certain areas of the ice
I would trade anyone on the ducks but carlsson for Brady tkachuk

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
We'd have to win 14 straight games just to get to NHL .500

The Eric Andre Show GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

Reactions: Kalv and Arthuros

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

1708019188432.gif

Reactions: Leonardo87

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Lacombe healthy scratched. Ty Cronin 🫡 this will start to happen regularly now. That’s my prediction

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Leason must really be in the doghouse to not get in after that horseshit two nights ago.
They must also see a decent amount of potential in him if they’re putting him through it.

Either that or it’s Cronin’s way of pushing back on Pat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille