OT: 52nd Obsequious Banter Thread - Join the conversation, Cuz

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
On my 21st birthday I got naked jumped in my pool, missed and messed my knee up on the concrete around the pool. That was a great night.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My 21st was very tame. Occurred on spring break. Which is good, because with the way we were doing things at school the guys on my hall were distinctly worried that several of us would die if we celebrated it.

Being the only 21 year old on my floor was great though. Generally, a ton of people move out to the apartments after their first year in the dorm; my roommate and I did two years because it's cheaper and we were right next to food. So, there were four second year guys and all freshmen. Guys would hand me twenty bucks to get a twelve dollar case of beer and tell me to keep the change. It was an awesome racket. It was a five minute walk to 7/11, I was earning at a $40/hour rate :laugh:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
My 21st was very tame. Occurred on spring break. Which is good, because with the way we were doing things at school the guys on my hall were distinctly worried that several of us would die if we celebrated it.

Being the only 21 year old on my floor was great though. Generally, a ton of people move out to the apartments after their first year in the dorm; my roommate and I did two years because it's cheaper and we were right next to food. So, there were four second year guys and all freshmen. Guys would hand me twenty bucks to get a twelve dollar case of beer and tell me to keep the change. It was an awesome racket. It was a five minute walk to 7/11, I was earning at a $40/hour rate :laugh:

I can't believe the sixers and this thread are at about 1000.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD

If you were in Pritchard for both of those years you are either very brave or questionably sane lol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was in Barringer, Hokie Grill made me fat :(

I actually didn't gain any weight, really. I went from 155 freshman year, to 155 going into junior year. That's with all that Owens, Ho Grill and Cinnabon. I eventually went to 160 my senior year, and then got fat after graduating since I wasn't walking miles a day to get everywhere.

Once my pants stopped fitting comfortably, I figured I'd work out to get back into them. All I managed to do was bulk up heavily in the chest and shoulders, meaning my pants still didn't fit and to boot, neither did my shirts :laugh:

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
I actually didn't gain any weight, really. I went from 155 freshman year, to 155 going into junior year. That's with all that Owens, Ho Grill and Cinnabon. I eventually went to 160 my senior year, and then got fat after graduating since I wasn't walking miles a day to get everywhere.

Once my pants stopped fitting comfortably, I figured I'd work out to get back into them. All I managed to do was bulk up heavily in the chest and shoulders, meaning my pants still didn't fit and to boot, neither did my shirts :laugh:

Freshman year wasn't so bad because I was still playing hockey and doing a bunch of active stuff, but sophomore year I had to quit the team and get a job and also focus more on my major. I ended up working at West End, so that really didn't help any and neither did the boozing haha.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Freshman year wasn't so bad because I was still playing hockey and doing a bunch of active stuff, but sophomore year I had to quit the team and get a job and also focus more on my major. I ended up working at West End, so that really didn't help any and neither did the boozing haha.

Haha, I think everyone I knew worked at West End for at least a shift.

I had a friend who worked at Hokie Grill. Part of the reason I could eat so much of their food, was that I could get enough to feed a family of 19 and my buddy would charge me for a 10 cent water cup and nothing else.

The downside was that I had to burn through my meal plan at the end of the semester. I owned an oppressive amount of junk food and random crap.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I had gained a bunch of weight because of health issues over the course of the last few years (not the usual ******** excuses people use, actual stomach + digestive problems), but then a little while ago I decided to fix that and I'm now down 80lbs in the past year and right now I'm hovering around ~165. Not done yet but unfortunately current on hold because of those same health problems.

Hopefully I'll be able to start working out soon if my procedure next week is a success. Anyone ever hear of a fecal transplant...? I thought it was a joke when I first was told, but apparently not. :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I had gained a bunch of weight because of health issues over the course of the last few years (not the usual ******** excuses people use, actual stomach + digestive problems), but then a little while ago I decided to fix that and I'm now down 80lbs in the past year and right now I'm hovering around ~165. Not done yet but unfortunately current on hold because of those same health problems.

Hopefully I'll be able to start working out soon if my procedure next week is a success. Anyone ever hear of a fecal transplant...? I thought it was a joke when I first was told, but apparently not. :laugh:

Why are you trying to get below 165? Thats extremely healthy for any grown man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad