GDT: #52|Pittsmonton Oiguins|Edmonton Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins|February 4, 2015|6 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'm sure he had plenty of nice things to say over the course of that year. He also had some cringe worthy moments.

I get the sense that you're still annoyed at me and trying to prove me wrong lol but I'll support what I said with a link. Give me a minute to dig it up.

Haha naw, I was legitimately curious. In fact I was kind of hesitant asking you because I didn't want it to come off that way. That's why I went looking myself but was only able to find that nice quote I linked earlier.

This has the Weight quote but not the original link I saw with more examples of what made him unpopular in the Blues dressing room at times:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2013/07/2...says-he-was-misunderstood-during-blues-tenure

Good find Throttlehead. Not the one I was looking for but just as good:

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/7/23/4550920/david-perrons-troubling-lack-of-professionalism

Thanks for the links (thank you as well Throttlehead).

Sounds like it wasn't too inflammatory, just a young kid not being careful enough with the media.

Asked during his first Blues’ development camp what he planned to work on upon returning to juniors, Perron indicated that he would make the NHL roster.

A first-round pick telling the media (and fans) that he intends on making the roster as a rookie is unheard of. It demonstrates an arrogance of enormous proportions and should have been a tell to Blues management - danger ahead.

Lol I'm surprised the writer is so rattled by this quote. I don't really see that as a bad thing, confidence is huge in sports. Good on the kid imo. (and didn't he end up making the team anyways, so he was in fact correct)

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I was at this one and my God it was boring. The best part was the first intermission bubble hockey and when the cute girl behind me spilled her beer on my lap and wiped it off :naughty:

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I think he can be taught to be an effective player, he has to keep his game very simple, has to use his shot and quickness. I am totally blown away that scouts were so wrong about him regarding his speed, he is not that fast at all.

His acceleration is top notch... not sure about his top end speed.

dobiezeke*

Take your own advice. The only "disgusting" post in this thread has been yours.

In all fairness to his post i understand how someone becomes frustrated with HFOil continually bashing the team. I have been an avid fan for 35 years and through all the adversity in the past 15 years have supported the team.

I also get how people are sick of the team being run like a clown show. I do believe that Nelson has brought some semblance of stability to the team however management has repeatedly pooped the bed in bringing in the necessary pieces to support the young stars.

This team would be hard pressed to beat the top teams in the AHL based on their lack of understanding of how the game should be played. It's a sad day when the third/fourth line of Gordon/Klink/Hendricks are consistently the best line this team can throw on the ice.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I was at this one and my God it was boring. The best part was the first intermission bubble hockey and when the cute girl behind me spilled her beer on my lap and wiped it off :naughty:

It was boring and lifeless on TV too. You'd think Crosby and Malkin would bring some excitement but no that game sucked. At least you had some fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad