GDT: #52|Pittsmonton Oiguins|Edmonton Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins|February 4, 2015|6 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerInOttawa

Dec 8, 2014
I don't agree with a lot of what you blabber BUT I do agree with everything you say here GK

And its true, except when a player wants out and is a cancer in the locker room...it's a theme in Perron's career dating back to when he insulted Weight back with the Blues.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
And its true, except when a player wants out and is a cancer in the locker room...it's a theme in Perron's career dating back to when he insulted Weight back with the Blues.

what did he say about Weight?

I found this:

“It was such an honour for me to play with a guy like Doug. I always held in high regard…it’s amazing how great a guy he is. Still, when we play the Islanders, I go and shake his hand (Weight is assistant coach and assistant GM). I’m so impressed by him. He’s the reason I was able to play my first (NHL) year,†said Perron.

OilerInOttawa

Dec 8, 2014
what did he say about Weight?

I found this:

I'm sure he had plenty of nice things to say over the course of that year. He also had some cringe worthy moments.

I get the sense that you're still annoyed at me and trying to prove me wrong lol but I'll support what I said with a link. Give me a minute to dig it up.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Fasth still no wins at home. Played pretty well though.

Of course now the Oilers will play Scrivens on the road vs TO... even though Scrivens hasn't won a road game yet.

They've discovered the secret code to unlocking the McEichel bonus.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Yaks lack of hockey IQ goes back way before Eakins ever arrived.

I think he can be taught to be an effective player, he has to keep his game very simple, has to use his shot and quickness. I am totally blown away that scouts were so wrong about him regarding his speed, he is not that fast at all.

dobiezeke*

I think he can be taught to be an effective player, he has to keep his game very simple, has to use his shot and quickness. I am totally blown away that scouts were so wrong about him regarding his speed, he is not that fast at all.

He needs to pick up his game so he can be a solid trade at the deadline. He is not going to become anything more than he has shown for the Oilers.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
He needs to pick up his game so he can be a solid trade at the deadline. He is not going to become anything more than he has shown for the Oilers.

Well I'd like to think thats not true, but he sure needs to show more. I was rallying to trade him in his second year for Bjugstad and everyone thought I was nuts, man I wished that would have happened. I am not sure what we could get for him at this point, might be better to hold on and hope he comes around.

OilerInOttawa

Dec 8, 2014
Eh. We were missing 2 top six wingers. Makes it hard

To some people that's just a minor detail. I didn't expect to see us win this one with Malkin coming back but the impact of losing 2 top LWs was very evident.

I wonder how Nelson feels about the PacMan experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad