GDT: #52: Pittsburgh Penguins at Dallas Stars | 8:00 PM ET | ROOT, FS-SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think he's going to look good anywhere...I mean, where does he fit when we're healthy? The rest of the top 9 all have legit shots to play in those positions.

Kobasew's merely a placeholder IMO.

I agree with that. I'm just saying, the argument that he is being given the best chance to succeed like D'Ags was doesn't work for me. D'Ags is the type of guy who is supposed to be able to score. Kobe isn't. Playing with Sid isn't going to help Kobe, its going to make him look even more out of place. I'd rather Ebbet there, at least he can skate.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I agree with that. I'm just saying, the argument that he is being given the best chance to succeed like D'Ags was doesn't work for me. D'Ags is the type of guy who is supposed to be able to score. Kobe isn't. Playing with Sid isn't going to help Kobe, its going to make him look even more out of place. I'd rather Ebbet there, at least he can skate.

Keep in mind that our coach thinks the scoring lines somehow benefit from Glass and Adams seeing shifts with our stars. :laugh:

If DB wants to see Megna audition on the 3rd, there aren't many attractive options for Sid's RW right now.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
DB's not going to play Megna in the top 6 in the playoffs. I'm happy he's getting shifts in a role he might have a chance to keep.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Keep in mind that our coach thinks the scoring lines somehow benefit from Glass and Adams seeing shifts with our stars. :laugh:

If DB wants to see Megna audition on the 3rd, there aren't many attractive options for Sid's RW right now.

I would rather see Glass in that spot. That's how bad Kobasew has been.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am starting to figure out why the Pens spazz so much during the postseason. All Dan says is play "Fast fast fast" and I get what he's saying. I totally understand he wants them to start fast. You can play controlled and fast at the same time. He should preach CONTROL and play FAST. You can do both.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I am starting to figure out why the Pens spazz so much during the postseason. All Dan says is play "Fast fast fast" and I get what he's saying. I totally understand he wants them to start fast. You can play controlled and fast at the same time. He should preach CONTROL and play FAST. You can do both.

I'd like to see what an injection of youth and ideally some more size/speed on the wing will do for us in the playoffs.

Still a very good chance this team decides to spot a team a couple games again. But lord knows this system relies on speed. At least ice the right lineup.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I can't imagine he suggests otherwise, man. :laugh:

The problems probably come back to what Lovejoy said about the system after he was dealt to Anaheim. It's beautiful when it works, but it's complex and imprecise execution can cause the whole thing to break down.

As I've said before, I'm not a systems guy, but I would hope that Martin's influence/tweaks here will prevent similar problems this post-season.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For any wrestling fans here.... Simon Despres is the Dolph Ziggler of the Penguins. Uber talented, the fans want him, he knows he's better, he says he's better, and management hates him for some ****ing reason.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't imagine he suggests otherwise, man. :laugh:

The problems probably come back to what Lovejoy said about the system after he was dealt to Anaheim. It's beautiful when it works, but it's complex and imprecise execution can cause the whole thing to break down.

As I've said before, I'm not a systems guy, but I would hope that Martin's influence/tweaks here will prevent similar problems this post-season.

When they are trying to rush through their complex system, they make it look ****ing ugly. But he keeps preaching fast. The players want to listen. They will just do things as fast as they can. Fast work does not equal great execution.

You have to remember, RRP, that these guys are still kids. IF you are playing and they keep saying fast - what do you do?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
For any wrestling fans here.... Simon Despres is the Dolph Ziggler of the Penguins. Uber talented, the fans want him, he knows he's better, he says he's better, and management hates him for some ****ing reason.

He reminds me of a much younger Kurt Russel.

kurt-russell.jpg

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
When they are trying to rush through their complex system, they make it look ****ing ugly. But he keeps preaching fast. The players want to listen. They will just do things as fast as they can. Fast work does not equal great execution.

You have to remember, RRP, that these guys are still kids. IF you are playing and they keep saying fast - what do you do?

I think the org's made identifying players who can play their system with pace a priority, but there have still obviously been issues the last few years. Kids, vets, whoever.

I seem to remember an article where DB recalled Martin asking him whether the defense was being asked to do too much, and then subsequent tweaks to simplify aspects of the system being implemented, but I might be misremembering.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
How long is Kobasew going to get on the first line before Dan realises he isn't working?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I have FoxSports SW so....I'll get the Dallas feed tonight....they have Arkansas/Auburn college basketball game on now...still over 5 minutes left. Will probably miss the first period of the Pens game...

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I like the 3rd line pretty much! These guys have some speed, size and a little playmaker with Sutter. Imagine when BB comes back they will have a deep lin up beside the 4th line. Glass - Vitale looks ok but Adams, good God, just get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad