Post-Game Talk: #52| Islanders at FLYERS | Thu., Feb. 5, 2015

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
it worked in 11-12 .

12-13 was the lockout and everyone played horrible
and then he lasted 1 week the next season.

I dont know how you can chalk that up to lavy.

The lockout affected everyone. But that year the Flyers were one of the worst (if not THE worst) teams in the league 5 on 5. And the reason was that their transition game was god-awful (as in non-existant). And the reason their transition game was so horrible was that for the most part the defensemen couldn't get the puck past the hashmarks, and Lavi never adjusted. Until near the end of the season when we had half an AHL lineup, and then he finally got the forwards coming back to help in transition.

He followed that up with a training camp that even Snider said was awful, and then some embarrassing hockey to start the regular season. Lavi reached his expiration date in Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if it happens again in Nashville.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The outing tonight was brutal. Mason earned us the point. It's amazing how you could get outplayed that bad and pick up a point. Watching VL on the shootout I was thinking if he moved any slower I would expire of old age and I'm like 40. I was never a great skater when I played hockey but I would have skated circles around Vinnie. I would hate to see that in slow mo, would be like watching paint dry.
What made his attempt especially bad was the combination of slow skating and then just shooting it. When you skate slow you need some moves. He couldn't have made it any easier for Halak.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The forward group would be fine if it were used in a non-Pejorative Slured fashion.

Everything is being made 100x harder than it needs to be by the dumbass coach and people are also forgetting/ignoring what a massive impact that having atrocious defenders has on the forwards in all three zones.

I get the need to vent, but don't ignore reality to do it.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
What I am trying to bring to the attention of everyone is that our 4th liner is tied for 3rd in even strength goals for this year.

Our forward group sucks

Aside from two to three players, not by any stretch. To each their own though, I guess.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
FLyers Even strength Goal leaders.....

12 - Raffl
10- Couturier
10 - Voracek
8 - Vande Velde

gross.

Good thing the coach puts our players in the right situations.
Our team (hopefully) will not make the playoffs. I feel this team lacks a lot of character. I watched the game last night first one in 2 months - Still the same team - watching the play, not initiating any contact (minus a few people), not getting after it.

In other words: going through the motions - which is one of the worst things I can say about anything.
I get it if they suck and are trying.... that would be one thing, they aren't. Lifeless. Gross.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
gross.

Good thing the coach puts our players in the right situations.
Our team (hopefully) will not make the playoffs. I feel this team lacks a lot of character. I watched the game last night first one in 2 months - Still the same team - watching the play, not initiating any contact (minus a few people), not getting after it.

In other words: going through the motions - which is one of the worst things I can say about anything.
I get it if they suck and are trying.... that would be one thing, they aren't. Lifeless. Gross.
Our leaders aren't very good that's forsure. Need a good overhaul on this team and that's not just Defence.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Aside from two to three players, not by any stretch. To each their own though, I guess.
Even though G and Voracek get points they don't seem to have the give and goes and the chemistry that Jagr had with G. The 4th lines plays like a line with good cycles for slot shots which the other lines barely get and the 3rd line is ****ing terrible at best. 2nd line isn't one and berube doesn't have alot of choices with this garbage group of weak non skilled flat forward group. Blame the D for everything though LOL.

FanHabtic*

Props to Ryan White for busting up Matt Martin. Love Whitey and wish he was still a Hab. Light / Middle weight with a lot of heart.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Luke Schenn with his stupid @ss turnovers....

As far as Vinny.....his shootout attempts are horrible

Coots' offensive development is even slower than Vinny's shootout attempts....

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is just stupid.

L6rVGAy.png

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Read is a huge problem, he is killing the line. His passing and receiving are terrible and he can't put the puck in. I'm sure there are more productive players on the Phantoms. Berube waits until a line works or a d pairing works and then breaks them up. Good coaching would ad about ten more wins at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad